Illinois 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TruckerD

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby TruckerD » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:18 pm

ccs1702 wrote:I was being entirely serious. All the stuff you've seen on the road would definitely make you unique. Good luck!

This is Mrs Trucker: So was I. I think his PS was awesome. He doubts his skills, but he is a very humble person, so what may come off as sarcastic is really him doubting himself.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:20 pm

Kretzy wrote:You (and the missus) officially become my favorite poster(s) on this site.

Mrs. Trucker: LOL Thank you sweetie! I love your posts too! Everyone here is just so funny. I have become a TLS addict!

gymboree

Postby gymboree » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:08 pm

Another one here rooting for TruckerD!!!

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:11 pm

TruckerD wrote:
ccs1702 wrote:I was being entirely serious. All the stuff you've seen on the road would definitely make you unique. Good luck!

This is Mrs Trucker: So was I. I think his PS was awesome. He doubts his skills, but he is a very humble person, so what may come off as sarcastic is really him doubting himself.

No harm done. I am officially on the TruckerD bandwagon.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Thanks guys! My wife and I appreciate your support!

Happy Thanksgiving! :D

NatSec

Postby NatSec » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:05 pm

new bragging rights for a law school: We have TruckerD.

tls bragging rights go to whoever gets in where Trucker ends up attending.

UTaylor526

Postby UTaylor526 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:50 pm

NatSec wrote:new bragging rights for a law school: We have TruckerD.

tls bragging rights go to whoever gets in where Trucker ends up attending.

+1

On a side note, I can't wait for December 4th.

Ken

Postby Ken » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:46 am

I am proud to post our new and expanded profile of U. of Illinois College of Law at:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/illinois ... f-law.html

This profile proudly has many excerpts from the TLS interview with our famous and beloved Paul Pless. I am hopeful that will all of this TLS love Dean Smith may grant TLS an exclusive interview as well. Paul, please make that dream a reality!

Everyone else, please enjoy the profile which I think really provides a lot of insight, drawn upon from the many TLS members who are already happily attending.

Unadilla Kayaker

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:55 am

If I end up at the same school as TruckerD, I want be able to say two things after my three years at that school:
1. I graduated law school (obviously)
2. I learned how to drive a truck (kind of always been a dream to be able to drive one)

So, Mrs. TruckerD, you have to make sure he teaches me if we are at the same school. I find SOs have a great deal of influence on law students.

TruckerD: Don't worry, I've driven a fire engine, though not a hook and ladder. The double clutch will be a bit tricky at first I think, but it won't be too bad.

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:47 am

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:If I end up at the same school as TruckerD, I want be able to say two things after my three years at that school:
2. I learned how to drive a truck (kind of always been a dream to be able to drive one)

So, Mrs. TruckerD, you have to make sure he teaches me if we are at the same school. I find SOs have a great deal of influence on law students.

TruckerD: Don't worry, I've driven a fire engine, though not a hook and ladder. The double clutch will be a bit tricky at first I think, but it won't be too bad.

Mrs Trucker: Actually you would be surprised at how many trucks these days are automatics. D's is an automatic, so it's a little bit easier, but still very complicated on the whole. When he was in driving school, however, he did have to learn on a manual. And yes, double clutching is tricky.

Unadilla Kayaker

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:06 pm

TruckerD wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:If I end up at the same school as TruckerD, I want be able to say two things after my three years at that school:

Mrs Trucker: Actually you would be surprised at how many trucks these days are automatics. D's is an automatic, so it's a little bit easier, but still very complicated on the whole. When he was in driving school, however, he did have to learn on a manual. And yes, double clutching is tricky.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but unless he had no choice in the matter I'd disappointed to hear TruckerD drives an automatic. I don't consider that driving, but I'm sure its easier to rack up the miles. 8)

TruckerD

Postby TruckerD » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:54 pm

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

I'm sorry to have to say this, but unless he had no choice in the matter I'd disappointed to hear TruckerD drives an automatic. I don't consider that driving, but I'm sure its easier to rack up the miles. 8)

MrsTrucker: LOL...why does everyone say that? But to answer your question, it's a company vehicle, so he doesn't have a choice of what he drives. They are assigned a vehicle, and they don't get preferences.

The only difference for the driver is really how tired they are at the end of the day. Personally, I think that you see more accidents with fatalities with the manual trucks than the automatics. The drivers have less things to actually do in an automatic, therefore less chance of messing up. I have read that more companies are going with automatics because of this. I think it's a good thing.

Unadilla Kayaker

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:24 am

TruckerD wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
TruckerD wrote:

MrsTrucker: LOL...why does everyone say that? But to answer your question, it's a company vehicle, so he doesn't have a choice of what he drives. They are assigned a vehicle, and they don't get preferences.

The only difference for the driver is really how tired they are at the end of the day. Personally, I think that you see more accidents with fatalities with the manual trucks than the automatics. The drivers have less things to actually do in an automatic, therefore less chance of messing up. I have read that more companies are going with automatics because of this. I think it's a good thing.

I'm sure you're right. You are certainly more familiar with the trucks and the industry than I am. I guess my comment harks back to the old days of driving stick shifts and automatics and finding automatics so much less fun. I forget that driving a truck is work (in the sense that there is so much more to be aware of and react to). Tell TruckerD to be safe!

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:53 am

I stopped breathing when I saw my status checker changed to "Under Review".
Here's hoping my top choice won't let me down! :)

P.S.
I know it's been said but, Dean Pless, you're awesome for coming here!

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:33 pm

jaskat wrote:I stopped breathing when I saw my status checker changed to "Under Review".
Here's hoping my top choice won't let me down! :)

P.S.
I know it's been said but, Dean Pless, you're awesome for coming here!

when did you apply?

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:36 pm

11/14

Postby 02082010 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:04 pm

jaskat wrote:11/14

Are you ED? I went complete at the end of Oct and I'm still pending review.

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:41 pm

I went complete in late September, and I'm "File Complete, In Review" as of today.

YellowCake

Postby YellowCake » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
jaskat wrote:11/14

Are you ED? I went complete at the end of Oct and I'm still pending review.

+1

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 pm

Pless wrote:
YellowCake wrote:
Pless wrote:The quality and volume of applications we have received thus far has been remarkable and I am looking forward to beginning the review of our Regular Decision pool.

Has this changed your previous expectation that RD applicants will start hearing in early December?

Thanks so much for all of the updates.

I think the first regular decision notices will go out December 4th.

According to Dean P, RD folks should be hearing back real soon.

UTaylor526

Postby UTaylor526 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:47 pm

Pless wrote:According to Dean P, RD folks should be hearing back real soon.

Does anyone know if they go out via email, status check, or snail mail?

Postby 02082010 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:47 pm

UTaylor526 wrote:

Both email and status checker, per Dean Pless and the complete email I believe.

coolkatz321

Postby coolkatz321 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:50 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
UTaylor526 wrote:

Both email and status checker, per Dean Pless and the complete email I believe.

That's how it was last year...whether accepted or denied.

Also, for anyone that gets in--make sure you visit and meet with Dean Pless. He's the man.

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:55 am

I hope Dean P reviews my file tomorrow. As a UIUC alum, I'm sure this made him real, real happy:

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=293360228

sckon

Postby sckon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:10 am

I have nothing useful to add to this thread at the moment. I am just eagerly awaiting the decision email. So Dean Pless I leave you with a picture that should boost my portfolio.

Your looking at that right....T-Rex in a jet from Calvin and Hobbes.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”