Illinois 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby jbrowning82 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:29 am

Okay, fair enough. We have put the hurt on MSU the past few years. But you know how these things work in cycles.

I think it might also be karma from when you stole Delvon Roe right out from under Roy's nose.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby robin600 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:51 am

jbrowning82 wrote:Okay, fair enough. We have put the hurt on MSU the past few years. But you know how these things work in cycles.

I think it might also be karma from when you stole Delvon Roe right out from under Roy's nose.


Image

Baylan
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Baylan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:18 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:Okay, fair enough. We have put the hurt on MSU the past few years. But you know how these things work in cycles.

I think it might also be karma from when you stole Delvon Roe right out from under Roy's nose.


Not much of a steal when Roy pressured him into a "silent verbal" in front of the team before a game, saying how it was going to "pump them up."

Also shows the maturity of a five year old that he yelled at the kid when the kid told him he was going to attend MSU.

edit: My bitterness towards UNC is comparable only towards my bitterness for Wisconsin in basketball (FLOPPERS!) and Michigan in football.

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby jbrowning82 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:10 pm

Okay im gonna stop hijacking this thread with hoops talk, because I really harbor no ill will against any of yall's teams. Only the University of New Jersey at Durham could ever draw my ire.

Good luck with your cycle, urrbody!

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby robin600 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:12 pm

Dean P,
Random question but do adcomms work over Christmas break?

User avatar
Pless
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Pless » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:13 pm

robin600 wrote:Dean P,
Random question but do adcomms work over Christmas break?


I think people will be in the office next week, but not the week after. Our last decisions of the year will come out this Friday. (I don't care what you guys said last year, I am not denying people the week of Christmas) I will be reading files while I am on vacation and will release a lot of decisions on January 8th. My goal is 200 on the 18th and 300 on 1/8.

blueberrymuffin
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:58 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby blueberrymuffin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:13 pm

Accepted 12/11 with offer of 20k/yr.
Went complete 10/16.
LSAT>75%
GPA~25%

!!

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby traehekat » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:45 pm

blueberrymuffin wrote:Accepted 12/11 with offer of 20k/yr.
Went complete 10/16.
LSAT>75%
GPA~25%

!!


Congrats!

User avatar
coolkatz321
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby coolkatz321 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:01 pm

Pless wrote:
robin600 wrote:Dean P,
Random question but do adcomms work over Christmas break?


I think people will be in the office next week, but not the week after. Our last decisions of the year will come out this Friday. (I don't care what you guys said last year, I am not denying people the week of Christmas) I will be reading files while I am on vacation and will release a lot of decisions on January 8th. My goal is 200 on the 18th and 300 on 1/8.


So, whenever you're ready to change that avatar...

Hey, at least he only threw half the number of picks as the first time! :lol:

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby goosey » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:48 pm

friday is taking too long to come.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Luis Gomez » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:15 pm

January 8, OMG, I can't wait that long.

Well, actually I can, and I also believe everyone should have at least a week off during the holidays.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby tram988 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:30 pm

goosey wrote:friday is taking too long to come.

I agree!!

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby clint4law » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:50 am

tram988 wrote:
goosey wrote:friday is taking too long to come.

I agree!!


hey...at least you don't have to wait until the 8th which really feels like eternity.

Baylan
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Baylan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:35 am

clint4law wrote:
tram988 wrote:
goosey wrote:friday is taking too long to come.

I agree!!


hey...at least you don't have to wait until the 8th which really feels like eternity.


Sadly based off of Dean Pless's projections, I'm looking at the 15th (Complete on 11/18, just outside his statement that the decisions on the 8th could potentially include 11/17 applications).

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby jbrowning82 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:36 am

I just submitted on this past Saturday... I'm probably looking at what... Mid-january?

Baylan
Posts: 356
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:26 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Baylan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:40 am

jbrowning82 wrote:I just submitted on this past Saturday... I'm probably looking at what... Mid-january?


Probably later, I'm expecting early to mid January (the 8th or 15th) and I submitted on 11/11, complete on 11/18.

User avatar
legalzoom
Posts: 45
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:46 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby legalzoom » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:44 am

Dean Pless, do you have any idea when admitted students will receive login info for the admitted students site? Thanks!

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby jbrowning82 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:04 am

Another quick question for Dean Pless, how many applications have you received so far this year?

Edit: Just saw my application is now "Complete, Not in Review." Cool that it didn't take two weeks.

Going on safari for two weeks starting friday, it'll be so nice to be away from my computer so I can stop obsessing over status checkers.

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby sckon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:57 am

jbrowning82 wrote:Another quick question for Dean Pless, how many applications have you received so far this year?

Edit: Just saw my application is now "Complete, Not in Review." Cool that it didn't take two weeks.

Going on safari for two weeks starting friday, it'll be so nice to be away from my computer so I can stop obsessing over status checkers.


Click back a couple pages for your answer

User avatar
Pless
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Pless » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:17 am

Here you go Katz. How long was the bet for?

User avatar
Pless
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Pless » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:18 am

legalzoom wrote:Dean Pless, do you have any idea when admitted students will receive login info for the admitted students site? Thanks!


Should be this week.

Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:25 am

Pless wrote:Here you go Katz. How long was the bet for?


I didn't think that was Dean Pless at first. Now I'm LMAO. Can't wait for the Mets to beat the Cubs come spring. I'm not that into pigskin.

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby sckon » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:29 am

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
Pless wrote:Here you go Katz. How long was the bet for?


I didn't think that was Dean Pless at first. Now I'm LMAO. Can't wait for the Mets to beat the Cubs come spring. I'm not that into pigskin.



When those teams play the suckage they will bring to the field will go something like this.....

--ImageRemoved--

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby 09042014 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:07 am

clint4law wrote:
tram988 wrote:
goosey wrote:friday is taking too long to come.

I agree!!


hey...at least you don't have to wait until the 8th which really feels like eternity.


I find it nice that I don't have to worry about it. I know when my decision will come. Dean Pless is making this easy.

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby fulkersonr1 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:22 pm

jbrowning82 wrote:Another quick question for Dean Pless, how many applications have you received so far this year?

Edit: Just saw my application is now "Complete, Not in Review." Cool that it didn't take two weeks.

Going on safari for two weeks starting friday, it'll be so nice to be away from my computer so I can stop obsessing over status checkers.



Enjoy safari! Thats awesome where exactly are you going?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blackpi and 5 guests