Illinois 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:13 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:My UIN isn't valid for registering for student tickets. Anyone else having this problem?

Ohio State at home... gonna be drinking plenty of haterade for that one.

http://www.fightingillini.com

Yeah, didn't work for me either. I'm guessing because we're not registered yet or something.

User avatar
TCScrutinizer
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby TCScrutinizer » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:24 am

NancyBotwin wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:My UIN isn't valid for registering for student tickets. Anyone else having this problem?

Ohio State at home... gonna be drinking plenty of haterade for that one.

http://www.fightingillini.com

Yeah, didn't work for me either. I'm guessing because we're not registered yet or something.


Figured as much... thanks for the data point.

User avatar
Tenth Usher
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Tenth Usher » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:50 am

According to this --LinkRemoved-- , looks like the north end zone (Block I) is sold out, but student season tickets are $77 (you get a voucher). Sounds like a deal

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby blurbz » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Do law students go to the football games together? Is it worth buying tickets?

As for basketball, only one team in the country had a better year than my UG team....I'm hoping that kind of luck comes with me to Illinois.

User avatar
yhezel
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby yhezel » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:57 pm

blurbz wrote:Do law students go to the football games together? Is it worth buying tickets?


Same question here...

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Luis Gomez » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:12 pm

yhezel wrote:
blurbz wrote:Do law students go to the football games together? Is it worth buying tickets?


Same question here...


If law students go together, I'd go.

User avatar
Tenth Usher
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:39 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Tenth Usher » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:36 pm

I feel like I heard something about a law school tailgate for home games. I'm going to roll this over to the 2L/3L page and see if someone will confirm/deny

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby blurbz » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:11 am

Has anyone been able to purchase office 2010 for $5 yet? I've tried and it says I'm not "academically eligible"....

Contacting CITES now--I'll report back if this looks like it's a common problem!

User avatar
Pless
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Pless » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:17 pm

blurbz wrote:Has anyone been able to purchase office 2010 for $5 yet? I've tried and it says I'm not "academically eligible"....

Contacting CITES now--I'll report back if this looks like it's a common problem!


You won't be able to purchase it until you are registered. You should be registered by next week. We will send an email out to everyone that confirms this.

Paul

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby blurbz » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:29 pm

Pless wrote:
blurbz wrote:Has anyone been able to purchase office 2010 for $5 yet? I've tried and it says I'm not "academically eligible"....

Contacting CITES now--I'll report back if this looks like it's a common problem!


You won't be able to purchase it until you are registered. You should be registered by next week. We will send an email out to everyone that confirms this.

Paul



Thanks for the clarification! Looking forward to it!

stillwaiting88
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:32 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby stillwaiting88 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:02 pm

has anyone on waitlist heard from Pless?? thought he was going to contact us couple of weeks ago

User avatar
Regionality
Posts: 789
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Regionality » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:04 pm

stillwaiting88 wrote:has anyone on waitlist heard from Pless?? thought he was going to contact us couple of weeks ago


He sent out something last week...basically said he let in 5 people and from now on there will be a 1-for-1 system going for any future acceptees...

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Luis Gomez » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:10 pm

I got my student loan approved by the Bank of Mexico!!!!!!!! I am officially retaining my spot in the class of 2013. :D :D :D :D It was basically a Hail Mary-pass type of situation.

User avatar
webbylu87
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby webbylu87 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:41 pm

So is our email @law.uiuc.edu or @law.illinois.edu? I tried the latter but it wouldn't work so I then tried the former (which worked). There's some inconsistency in the email set-up correspondence as to which we need to put in our cites account.

User avatar
TrackTony88
Posts: 111
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:14 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby TrackTony88 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:12 pm

webbylu87 wrote:So is our email @law.uiuc.edu or @law.illinois.edu? I tried the latter but it wouldn't work so I then tried the former (which worked). There's some inconsistency in the email set-up correspondence as to which we need to put in our cites account.


It is "@law.illinois.edu"

The school changed the e-mail format over from uiuc.edu to illinois.edu about 2 years ago although if you send e-mails to uiuc.edu it should still send through even though outdated.

User avatar
webbylu87
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby webbylu87 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:17 pm

I set it up as @law.uiuc.edu and now am unable to re-set it up as @law.illinois.edu. Not sure why technology dislikes me so much...

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:49 pm

My Gradplus loans got approved! Just got the letter today, although it was sent awhile ago. It went to my undergrad address first. Thank goodness. I was really afraid I was going to have to ask my parents to cosign.

Also, that's cool we have our official law email addresses now. I signed up for an Illinois email address a long time ago so now I have two. Not sure what I'm supposed to do with the other one. I can't wait to find out what section I'm in!

User avatar
yhezel
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby yhezel » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:03 am

Kilpatrick wrote:My Gradplus loans got approved!


Congratulations! Nothing left to worry about...Until 8/23 at least :D

User avatar
Pless
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Pless » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:00 am

For those coming this fall, make sure you check your @law email accounts. We just sent out the section assignments.

Paul

User avatar
TCScrutinizer
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby TCScrutinizer » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:50 am

I wanted to come up with a good steak sauce joke for being in section A1, but found out there are no good steak sauce jokes.

User avatar
webbylu87
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby webbylu87 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:04 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:I wanted to come up with a good steak sauce joke for being in section A1, but found out there are no good steak sauce jokes.


I'd make a joke about B2 (my section) stealth bombers, but there are no jokes about stealth bombers. Just win and awesomeness (aside from if, you know, you're the one getting bombed and all). I'd like to think my section assignment says something about my stealthy legal prowess. Or perhaps not.

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:04 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:I wanted to come up with a good steak sauce joke for being in section A1, but found out there are no good steak sauce jokes.

Ohai section mate. Looks like we'll have the A classes together (I'm in subsection 3, though).

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby blurbz » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:06 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:I wanted to come up with a good steak sauce joke for being in section A1, but found out there are no good steak sauce jokes.

Ohai section mate. Looks like we'll have the A classes together (I'm in subsection 3, though).


And you and I, it seems, will have every class together...

Looking forward to it!

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:08 pm

blurbz wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:I wanted to come up with a good steak sauce joke for being in section A1, but found out there are no good steak sauce jokes.

Ohai section mate. Looks like we'll have the A classes together (I'm in subsection 3, though).


And you and I, it seems, will have every class together...

Looking forward to it!

:lol: Awesome!

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:10 pm

I forget, are any of you guys in town yet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”