Illinois 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
LoveJones

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby LoveJones » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:32 am

CMR wrote:
LoveJones wrote:
CMR wrote:Congrats to all the admits! I'm another current transfer applicant - maybe I'll get to meet some of you in the fall.

YAY!! So happy to see another transfer applicant on here! Welcome :D

Solidarity, eh? I should be complete in the next couple days (assuming, of course, that my registrar cooperates, which I've learned isn't a given). Best of luck to you - we're the only ones?

Well I am sure we are not the only applicants, but we seem to be the only applicants I have seen on this page or any other page pertaining to UIUC (or at least the only ones posting)... It surprised me a little that there are so few of us. I expected there to be more because transfer is such a stressful process. Best of luck to you as well!

CMR

Postby CMR » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:41 am

LoveJones wrote:
CMR wrote:
LoveJones wrote:
CMR wrote:

Well I am sure we are not the only applicants, but we seem to be the only applicants I have seen on this page or any other page pertaining to UIUC (or at least the only ones posting)... It surprised me a little that there are so few of us. I expected there to be more because transfer is such a stressful process. Best of luck to you as well!

Haha, I have no doubt there are plenty of other transfer applicants; many are probably holed up in the transfer forum.

LoveJones

Postby LoveJones » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:14 am

Haha, I have no doubt there are plenty of other transfer applicants; many are probably holed up in the transfer forum.[/quote]

Likely, but I haven't seen any in the transfer forums either... UIUC is my top pick and I have been looking all over for more info (if only the time spent agonizing helped my app...). Dean Pless said that we should have an answer by July 1, but I am not sure if that means a decision or an interview (fairly certain UIUC interviews all considered transfers). Keep me posted if you hear anything from UIUC. Thanks!

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:22 pm

Dammit. I got a phone call call from an Illinois area code this morning. I thought it was Dean Pless calling to inquire about my interest in attending. Instead, it was a Best Buy in Illinois looking for some lady I've never heard of saying "were delivering your diswasher today." Uhhh...thanks. Wrong number. :cry:

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:25 pm

JCougar wrote:Dammit. I got a phone call call from an Illinois area code this morning. I thought it was Dean Pless calling to inquire about my interest in attending. Instead, it was a Best Buy in Illinois looking for some lady I've never heard of saying "were delivering your diswasher today." Uhhh...thanks. Wrong number. :cry:

Haha,...that does suck. Where are you now in your decision process?

CMR

Postby CMR » Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:15 pm

JCougar wrote:Dammit. I got a phone call call from an Illinois area code this morning. I thought it was Dean Pless calling to inquire about my interest in attending. Instead, it was a Best Buy in Illinois looking for some lady I've never heard of saying "were delivering your diswasher today." Uhhh...thanks. Wrong number. :cry:

Subtle C&F evaluation. You, my friend, passed with flying colors.

anthropologieaddict

Postby anthropologieaddict » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:42 pm

That sucks so much! I would have been just as mad!

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Regionality wrote:

Looking for an apartment in St. Louis with a higher tuition bill than I had hoped.

Luis Gomez

Postby Luis Gomez » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:56 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:I'm going to Illinois and there will be lots of talk about the Lakers, I'm sorry.

I say the Lakers win tonight.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:16 pm

JCougar wrote:
Regionality wrote:

Looking for an apartment in St. Louis with a higher tuition bill than I had hoped.

Oh man, my heart skipped a beat when I read that second sentence, lol. I just withdrew from the waitlist a week ago. I have got to get away from this thread, lol.

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:36 am

Is there anyone here still looking for an apartment? If so, PM me, I have information that might help you save money.

CMR

Postby CMR » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:52 am

LoveJones wrote:Likely, but I haven't seen any in the transfer forums either... UIUC is my top pick and I have been looking all over for more info (if only the time spent agonizing helped my app...). Dean Pless said that we should have an answer by July 1, but I am not sure if that means a decision or an interview (fairly certain UIUC interviews all considered transfers). Keep me posted if you hear anything from UIUC. Thanks!

Yeah, the dearth of transfer information out there is pretty surprising; transferapps is helpful, but I think the sample size is too small to lend it real credibility. Good luck to you - maybe we'll have the opportunity to shake hands in the fall :).

fenderjsm88

Postby fenderjsm88 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:07 am

So, any news on the waitlist? Has anyone gotten in? Been rejected? Heard anything?

anthropologieaddict

Postby anthropologieaddict » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:57 am

fenderjsm88 wrote:So, any news on the waitlist? Has anyone gotten in? Been rejected? Heard anything?

I think that nothing has happened with it, completely static.

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:19 pm

anthropologieaddict wrote:
fenderjsm88 wrote:So, any news on the waitlist? Has anyone gotten in? Been rejected? Heard anything?

I think that nothing has happened with it, completely static.

There was some movement in the lower top 14, they usually give a week or so to people to decide, maybe that will pull 1 or 2 spots from Illinois, but who knows, those spots could have gone easily to people in other schools.

This place has been awfully quiet these days... Im now more excited than ever, I just want to get to know the school more, my peers, etc. Can we go back to talk about the world cup or something?

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Hey all, I thought you might be interested in these websites about Champaign-Urbana.

They both have a wonderful amount of information about the area.

http://www.the217.com

and

http://www.smilepolitely.com/

Take a look at the top ten lists on Smile Politely (under the culture/arts/etc tabs) and the "Best of CU" on The 217.

Get excited!

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:45 pm

Has anyone been able to finish their application for the GradPlus loans yet? It's not working for me.

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:14 am

blurbz wrote:Hey all, I thought you might be interested in these websites about Champaign-Urbana.

They both have a wonderful amount of information about the area.

http://www.the217.com

and

http://www.smilepolitely.com/

Take a look at the top ten lists on Smile Politely (under the culture/arts/etc tabs) and the "Best of CU" on The 217.

Get excited!

Great Sites! I'm excited, I'm going to create a list of (most-do-things) so I can check them out before school starts. Since according to TLS, we will move to the library after a few weeks in school.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:52 am

Kilpatrick wrote:Has anyone been able to finish their application for the GradPlus loans yet? It's not working for me.

I did, but the site went down shortly after when my wife tried to.

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:21 pm

anyone have the email address to withdraw my app?

anthropologieaddict

Postby anthropologieaddict » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:51 pm

clint4law wrote:anyone have the email address to withdraw my app?

I'm assuming you could just email Pless... (pless@law.illinois.edu)

NancyBotwin

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:Has anyone been able to finish their application for the GradPlus loans yet? It's not working for me.

Nope. I was actually wondering if it was maybe the browser I'm using, but I haven't tried again with a different one yet.

Also, super excited, I found an apartment. :mrgreen:

Luis Gomez

Postby Luis Gomez » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:37 pm

Where are u headed this fall clint4law? Good luck.

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:

Where are u headed this fall clint4law? Good luck.

Wash U - St. Louis.....thanks

yhezel

Postby yhezel » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:34 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:

Nope. I was actually wondering if it was maybe the browser I'm using, but I haven't tried again with a different one yet.

Also, super excited, I found an apartment. :mrgreen:

Did you get a little box made out of ticky tacky? :)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”