Illinois 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Luis Gomez

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Luis Gomez » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:05 am

Yezel you are right on Spain, they should be world champions this time. However, it wouldn't be the first time they underachieve at the world cup.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:27 pm

I'm taking the Dutch this cup.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:17 am

You guys are great :)
(geez, I can't seem to leave this board)

Luis Gomez...so glad you got your visa approved! Woo!

elizaD

Postby elizaD » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:04 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:I'm taking the Dutch this cup.

+1

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:58 am

elizaD wrote:

+1

disclaimer: I'm Brazilian by association.

As much as I love Brazil, I would like them to get to the finals and lose. I want them to have a lot of thirst for winning the 2014 World Cup in Rio! Now, I want the cup to go to an underdog, maybe an African nation?

Back to law school: Are any of you doing any law-related summer reading? I know, everyone says DONT DO IT, but I have a lot of free time and I dont know if I can resist the urge to start reading something at least to start getting used to the terminology.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:11 pm

cr073137 wrote:
elizaD wrote:

+1

disclaimer: I'm Brazilian by association.

As much as I love Brazil, I would like them to get to the finals and lose. I want them to have a lot of thirst for winning the 2014 World Cup in Rio! Now, I want the cup to go to an underdog, maybe an African nation?

Back to law school: Are any of you doing any law-related summer reading? I know, everyone says DONT DO IT, but I have a lot of free time and I dont know if I can resist the urge to start reading something at least to start getting used to the terminology.

I'm going to purchase the E&E's and hornbooks at the beginning of August (assuming I can squeeze them into the budget or get some used from a friend) and at least get my toes wet.

LoveJones

Postby LoveJones » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Pless wrote:
LoveJones wrote:Wondering if there are any transfers on here... I don't think transfer apps have been reviewed yet, but I'm not sure. Just looking to see if anyone knows..

We haven't started reviewing transfer apps yet. I hope to have decisions made (on those that are complete) by July 1.

Thank you Dean Pless. That puts my mind at ease.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:39 pm

Dean Pless,

Around what date should we start being concerned that our financial aid packets have not arrived?

I ask this because I have yet to even receive the packet with the incorrect information on it. :|

Thanks.

Eruannon

Postby Eruannon » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:00 am

TCScrutinizer wrote:Dean Pless,

Around what date should we start being concerned that our financial aid packets have not arrived?

I ask this because I have yet to even receive the packet with the incorrect information on it. :|

Thanks.

You should be able to take a look at it online with your Enterprise ID and password. You can get to the login at https://apps.uillinois.edu/selfservice/

If you need help getting your account set up, give CITES a call at, (217) 244-7000 or (800) 531-2531 830-500 M-F. They were really helpful when I called.

frecklesmclean0002

Postby frecklesmclean0002 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:44 am

OK my app was in 2nd review for forever so I check today just out of curiosity and it was changed to "Withdrawl recieved" (their spelling, not mine) on June 1st!!!!! What happened!?!? Anybody else get this?? I'm writing an email to the school to ask but I think I just got screwed :(

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:15 am

Eruannon wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:Dean Pless,

Thanks.

You should be able to take a look at it online with your Enterprise ID and password. You can get to the login at https://apps.uillinois.edu/selfservice/

If you need help getting your account set up, give CITES a call at, (217) 244-7000 or (800) 531-2531 830-500 M-F. They were really helpful when I called.

Oh, has it been on the internet this whole time, and I've been waiting for a physical, paper "packet."

I feel old. And dumb. But mostly old. Thanks, I'll go check that out!

Pless

Postby Pless » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:14 am

frecklesmclean0002 wrote:OK my app was in 2nd review for forever so I check today just out of curiosity and it was changed to "Withdrawl recieved" (their spelling, not mine) on June 1st!!!!! What happened!?!? Anybody else get this?? I'm writing an email to the school to ask but I think I just got screwed :(

This usually means that we asked you if you wanted to be on the wait list via email and didn't hear back from you. If you email me directly I can look into your particular situation. We have not made any wait list offers so you haven't been put at any disadvantage.

Paul

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:44 pm

I started going through the process of applying for the GradPlus loans but when it came to entering the school it said that Illinois is not valid for the 2010-2011 year, or something like that. Did I do something wrong? Or did I just jump the gun and we're not even supposed to be filling that out yet?

devilishangelrjp

Postby devilishangelrjp » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:11 am

Kilpatrick wrote:I started going through the process of applying for the GradPlus loans but when it came to entering the school it said that Illinois is not valid for the 2010-2011 year, or something like that. Did I do something wrong? Or did I just jump the gun and we're not even supposed to be filling that out yet?

They're fixing our award packages. According to the newsletter, the revised award packages should be sent to us next week.

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:15 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:I started going through the process of applying for the GradPlus loans but when it came to entering the school it said that Illinois is not valid for the 2010-2011 year, or something like that. Did I do something wrong? Or did I just jump the gun and we're not even supposed to be filling that out yet?

They're fixing our award packages. According to the newsletter, the revised award packages should be sent to us next week.

I got my updated letter yesterday and accepted the amounts that I needed this morning. Everything seemed to work just fine!

devilishangelrjp

Postby devilishangelrjp » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:44 pm

blurbz wrote:
devilishangelrjp wrote:

I got my updated letter yesterday and accepted the amounts that I needed this morning. Everything seemed to work just fine!

Hmm, thanks for the update, blurbz. I'll check that out.

Edit: I have the letter with the scholarship on there, but my loans aren't adjusted...Is that supposed to be the case?

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:03 pm

devilishangelrjp wrote:
blurbz wrote:
devilishangelrjp wrote:

Hmm, thanks for the update, blurbz. I'll check that out.

Edit: I have the letter with the scholarship on there, but my loans aren't adjusted...Is that supposed to be the case?

My loans were adjusted as of either yesterday or today. Have you received a new Email from financial aid yet or are you still working from the original? If not, it's possible they've just not gotten to yours yet and I'd wait to do anything until they send you a new Email.

windycity

Postby windycity » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:

+1 as shown on website; haven't received updated email yet.

Pless

Postby Pless » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:16 pm

The University is still working through the award letters, not everyone gets updated at the same time. I apologize for any confusion. If you have any concerns just contact Julie Griffin directly and she can let you know where you stand.

Also wanted to let you know that I will be representing Illinois at the DC forum this Saturday. For those of you that are just starting the application process and are in the area, I hope that you will attend and stop by the Illinois table. More information about the forum may be found at http://www.lsac.org.

Paul

CMR

Postby CMR » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Congrats to all the admits! I'm another current transfer applicant - maybe I'll get to meet some of you in the fall.

LoveJones

Postby LoveJones » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:34 pm

CMR wrote:Congrats to all the admits! I'm another current transfer applicant - maybe I'll get to meet some of you in the fall.

YAY!! So happy to see another transfer applicant on here! Welcome :D

CMR

Postby CMR » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:56 pm

LoveJones wrote:
CMR wrote:Congrats to all the admits! I'm another current transfer applicant - maybe I'll get to meet some of you in the fall.

YAY!! So happy to see another transfer applicant on here! Welcome :D

Solidarity, eh? I should be complete in the next couple days (assuming, of course, that my registrar cooperates, which I've learned isn't a given). Best of luck to you - we're the only ones?

Luis Gomez

Postby Luis Gomez » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:53 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:Yezel you are right on Spain, they should be world champions this time. However, it wouldn't be the first time they underachieve at the world cup.

Just marking my Spanish failure prediction. 8)

yhezel

Postby yhezel » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:03 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:Yezel you are right on Spain, they should be world champions this time. However, it wouldn't be the first time they underachieve at the world cup.

Just marking my Spanish failure prediction. 8)

It's been a long day today :(

Im done making predictions

. . . Che :D

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:23 pm

I picked Spain to win it all, too. Looking grim right now...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”