Illinois 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:42 pm

.
Last edited by Kilpatrick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

cr073137
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby cr073137 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:I'm going to Illinois and there will be lots of talk about the Lakers, I'm sorry. The bulls are my second favorite team though so it would be pretty cool if Lebron ended up there while I was living 2 hours away.



NOT going to happen, if lebron goes anywhere, it will be to the knicks http://www.nycgo.com/cmonlebron , but he will probably stay up in Cleveland. FYI, there are a lot of international students here, and for us, football=soccer, so can we use "American Football" for clarity? Also, I hope I will not be the only non-football fan in the school. I dont mind going to a game, but i dont really go because I like American football, I just like cheering and the atmosphere of almost all sports. Who knows, maybe ill start to like the damn sport now. Another thing, is being a colts fan a bad thing in Illinois? that's the only American football team I currently cheer for.

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby blurbz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:11 pm

cr073137 wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:I'm going to Illinois and there will be lots of talk about the Lakers, I'm sorry. The bulls are my second favorite team though so it would be pretty cool if Lebron ended up there while I was living 2 hours away.



NOT going to happen, if lebron goes anywhere, it will be to the knicks http://www.nycgo.com/cmonlebron , but he will probably stay up in Cleveland. FYI, there are a lot of international students here, and for us, football=soccer, so can we use "American Football" for clarity? Also, I hope I will not be the only non-football fan in the school. I dont mind going to a game, but i dont really go because I like American football, I just like cheering and the atmosphere of almost all sports. Who knows, maybe ill start to like the damn sport now. Another thing, is being a colts fan a bad thing in Illinois? that's the only American football team I currently cheer for.


I've spent my undergrad years being co-opted by Colts fans...They're a fun team to root for so I won't judge you at all for it!

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Kilpatrick » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:17 pm

.
Last edited by Kilpatrick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby blurbz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:I've spent most of my life without an American football (I'll comply with your request cr!) team to root for. I went to a Rams game once when I was a kid, but that was it. I'm excited to go to some games at Illinois. Maybe I'll even start rooting for the Bears. Are they any good?



The Bears are an awful, awful team and you'd be wasting your time getting too attached to them. If you want to root for a real team, buy something green and gold and come to my apartment on Sundays.

:-)

User avatar
yhezel
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby yhezel » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:25 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:Although, I don't really care much about baseball. Football first, football always. Then basketball. If Chicago gets LeBron they're immediately my second favorite team behind the Rockets.


+1.

I'm guessing with Indy 90 minutes away there's plenty of Colts fans in Illinois. Anyone planning to go there on 11/28? :D

I think the school organizes some events during the orientation days (Based on the agenda for the previous year) but we could still do something before the 18th.

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby SaintClarence27 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:22 pm

blurbz wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:I've spent most of my life without an American football (I'll comply with your request cr!) team to root for. I went to a Rams game once when I was a kid, but that was it. I'm excited to go to some games at Illinois. Maybe I'll even start rooting for the Bears. Are they any good?



The Bears are an awful, awful team and you'd be wasting your time getting too attached to them. If you want to root for a real team, buy something green and gold and come to my apartment on Sundays.

:-)


To burn in effigy while you root for the Vikings?

User avatar
TCScrutinizer
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby TCScrutinizer » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:52 am

MBZags wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:
MBZags wrote:I already know a few people on here just from the admitted students day, and the only thing I've said on here that might get me in trouble is that the Cubs suck, but of course, we all know that's true. (Go Reds!) :P

But yeah, everyone here seems really cool and laid back, which is the feeling I got from most people at the ASD. I'm definitely excited to get up to Chambana in August to meet everyone and have some fun before school starts.


I can support you on the "Cubs suck" if you forget to mention the Lakers ever again.


That might be tough. Is Kobe on the banned list as well? I assume in most contexts that talking about Him is fine, as long as we don't take the Lord's name in vain.



I hate Kobe Bryant so much, but mainly because he's inhumanly good at basketball.

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby blurbz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:17 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:
blurbz wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:I've spent most of my life without an American football (I'll comply with your request cr!) team to root for. I went to a Rams game once when I was a kid, but that was it. I'm excited to go to some games at Illinois. Maybe I'll even start rooting for the Bears. Are they any good?



The Bears are an awful, awful team and you'd be wasting your time getting too attached to them. If you want to root for a real team, buy something green and gold and come to my apartment on Sundays.

:-)


To burn in effigy while you root for the Vikings?


:evil: Not exactly. The only team I hate more than the Vikings is the Bears.

...But I will admit to being a Favre fan, so I had no problem rooting for them to win it all last year.

User avatar
as stars burn
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby as stars burn » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:39 am

Sorry to break up the basketball talk, but I have sadly withdrawn from the Illinois waitlist today. I'm just unable to wait anymore and I honestly see none to very, very minimal waitlist activity. Excited about my final decision though.

Also, I'm a HUGE Orlando Magic fan. Too bad they got absolutely dominated the last two years by the Lakers and Celtics. Gotta represent the underdogs :(

Good luck to the entering class! :)

User avatar
anthropologieaddict
Posts: 151
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby anthropologieaddict » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:45 am

as stars burn wrote:Sorry to break up the basketball talk, but I have sadly withdrawn from the Illinois waitlist today. I'm just unable to wait anymore and I honestly see none to very, very minimal waitlist activity. Excited about my final decision though.

Also, I'm a HUGE Orlando Magic fan. Too bad they got absolutely dominated the last two years by the Lakers and Celtics. Gotta represent the underdogs :(

Good luck to the entering class! :)


Good luck to you at IIT!

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby blurbz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:49 am

as stars burn wrote:Sorry to break up the basketball talk, but I have sadly withdrawn from the Illinois waitlist today. I'm just unable to wait anymore and I honestly see none to very, very minimal waitlist activity. Excited about my final decision though.

Also, I'm a HUGE Orlando Magic fan. Too bad they got absolutely dominated the last two years by the Lakers and Celtics. Gotta represent the underdogs :(

Good luck to the entering class! :)



Sorry to see you go--

Best of luck to you!

User avatar
SaintClarence27
Posts: 700
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby SaintClarence27 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:52 am

as stars burn wrote:Sorry to break up the basketball talk, but I have sadly withdrawn from the Illinois waitlist today. I'm just unable to wait anymore and I honestly see none to very, very minimal waitlist activity. Excited about my final decision though.

Also, I'm a HUGE Orlando Magic fan. Too bad they got absolutely dominated the last two years by the Lakers and Celtics. Gotta represent the underdogs :(

Good luck to the entering class! :)



GOOD LUCK!

cr073137
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby cr073137 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:26 am

SaintClarence27 wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Sorry to break up the basketball talk, but I have sadly withdrawn from the Illinois waitlist today. I'm just unable to wait anymore and I honestly see none to very, very minimal waitlist activity. Excited about my final decision though.

Also, I'm a HUGE Orlando Magic fan. Too bad they got absolutely dominated the last two years by the Lakers and Celtics. Gotta represent the underdogs :(

Good luck to the entering class! :)



GOOD LUCK!



Sad to see you go... Now, can we go back to basketball? Yesterday was a great game! I was sure the Lakers were going to win again, freaking Rondo was missing every possible shot, and the Kobe + Gasol combination was unstoppable. Thanks to Gasol, people are finally recognizing that there are really good players outside of the NBA. Spain's team is amazing. Does anyone here watches the international tournaments?

User avatar
taw856
Posts: 212
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby taw856 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:34 am

Image

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Luis Gomez » Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:57 pm

as stars burn wrote:Sorry to break up the basketball talk, but I have sadly withdrawn from the Illinois waitlist today. I'm just unable to wait anymore and I honestly see none to very, very minimal waitlist activity. Excited about my final decision though.

Also, I'm a HUGE Orlando Magic fan. Too bad they got absolutely dominated the last two years by the Lakers and Celtics. Gotta represent the underdogs :(

Good luck to the entering class! :)


Sorry to hear that. ITT is a great school and u get to live in Chicago. Good luck.

I got my visa approved for UIUC, so I will be withdrawing from some wait lists today, as well.

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby blurbz » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:02 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Sorry to break up the basketball talk, but I have sadly withdrawn from the Illinois waitlist today. I'm just unable to wait anymore and I honestly see none to very, very minimal waitlist activity. Excited about my final decision though.

Also, I'm a HUGE Orlando Magic fan. Too bad they got absolutely dominated the last two years by the Lakers and Celtics. Gotta represent the underdogs :(

Good luck to the entering class! :)


Sorry to hear that. ITT is a great school and u get to live in Chicago. Good luck.

I got my visa approved for UIUC, so I will be withdrawing from some wait lists today, as well.



Congratulations!

cr073137
Posts: 233
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby cr073137 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:42 pm

blurbz wrote:
Luis Gomez wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Sorry to break up the basketball talk, but I have sadly withdrawn from the Illinois waitlist today. I'm just unable to wait anymore and I honestly see none to very, very minimal waitlist activity. Excited about my final decision though.

Also, I'm a HUGE Orlando Magic fan. Too bad they got absolutely dominated the last two years by the Lakers and Celtics. Gotta represent the underdogs :(

Good luck to the entering class! :)


Sorry to hear that. ITT is a great school and u get to live in Chicago. Good luck.

I got my visa approved for UIUC, so I will be withdrawing from some wait lists today, as well.



Congratulations!


Hardly anyone ever gets denied (if you are legit). Its just such a pain in the ass to do the paperwork, pay fees, and im just too lazy. Ill get mine in august, like a week before my trip ;)

User avatar
webbylu87
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby webbylu87 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:37 pm

blurbz wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:Although, I don't really care much about baseball. Football first, football always. Then basketball. If Chicago gets LeBron they're immediately my second favorite team behind the Rockets.



I've underlined the important part. Please tell me I won't be the only Packer fan in the class...


I bleed green and gold. Favre is a Packer 4EVA.

User avatar
TCScrutinizer
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby TCScrutinizer » Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:56 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
blurbz wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:Although, I don't really care much about baseball. Football first, football always. Then basketball. If Chicago gets LeBron they're immediately my second favorite team behind the Rockets.



I've underlined the important part. Please tell me I won't be the only Packer fan in the class...


I bleed green and gold. Favre is a Packer 4EVA.


Even if he comes back and wins a ring for Minnesota?

User avatar
webbylu87
Posts: 659
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby webbylu87 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:58 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:
blurbz wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:Although, I don't really care much about baseball. Football first, football always. Then basketball. If Chicago gets LeBron they're immediately my second favorite team behind the Rockets.



I've underlined the important part. Please tell me I won't be the only Packer fan in the class...


I bleed green and gold. Favre is a Packer 4EVA.


Even if he comes back and wins a ring for Minnesota?


No. I was willing to forgive his little Jets indiscretion. He was kind of forced out and obviously wanted to keep playing. I was with him up until there as he had earned that much faith from Packers fans. But going to the Vikings? Now that's just adding insult to injury!

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Kilpatrick » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:08 pm

.
Last edited by Kilpatrick on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Luis Gomez
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Luis Gomez » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:47 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Sorry to break up the basketball talk, but I have sadly withdrawn from the Illinois waitlist today. I'm just unable to wait anymore and I honestly see none to very, very minimal waitlist activity. Excited about my final decision though.

Also, I'm a HUGE Orlando Magic fan. Too bad they got absolutely dominated the last two years by the Lakers and Celtics. Gotta represent the underdogs :(

Good luck to the entering class! :)


Sorry to hear you are withdrawing, I was rooting for you. Probably a smart thing though, looks like not much waitlist movement anywhere.

Re: American football talk. Hatred of Bears aside, are they any good? Do they win games? I know this is unAmerican of me, but I really don't follow it closely.

Who does everyone like in the World Cup?


BRASIL is the best team out there, man by man it must be Argentina.

User avatar
yhezel
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby yhezel » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Luis Gomez wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:
as stars burn wrote:Sorry to break up the basketball talk, but I have sadly withdrawn from the Illinois waitlist today. I'm just unable to wait anymore and I honestly see none to very, very minimal waitlist activity. Excited about my final decision though.

Also, I'm a HUGE Orlando Magic fan. Too bad they got absolutely dominated the last two years by the Lakers and Celtics. Gotta represent the underdogs :(

Good luck to the entering class! :)


Sorry to hear you are withdrawing, I was rooting for you. Probably a smart thing though, looks like not much waitlist movement anywhere.

Re: American football talk. Hatred of Bears aside, are they any good? Do they win games? I know this is unAmerican of me, but I really don't follow it closely.

Who does everyone like in the World Cup?


BRASIL is the best team out there, man by man it must be Argentina.

Congratulations on the visa Luis! Back to Sports... Kilpatrick, if you root for the Chicago Bears you're looking at lots of Sad Sundays :(

Spain will get very far in the World Cup, with good chances of being the world champion.

Brett Farve WILL get another ring, even if he's on Medicare by then.

User avatar
yhezel
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:21 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby yhezel » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:12 pm

Wasn't this thread at one point about a Law School? :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”