Illinois 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cr073137

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby cr073137 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:09 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
blurbz wrote:
Pless wrote:I don't like to give away too much information to our competition, but the Class of 2013 will be the most talented class the College has ever enrolled.

Top 20, here we come.

I stand by what I said, though: I want to like my classmates. That's all I ask.

+1

I hear you. If I have to spend the next three years with all of you, you better be awesome. That's all I'm saying. But so far I've gotten an "awesome" vibe so this looks promising.

Most of us are probably getting there at least a week before Orientation, should we plan a party or something to get to know each other a little better before school starts or has the law school in previous years organized something at one of the local bars?

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:16 pm

cr073137 wrote:
Most of us are probably getting there at least a week before Orientation, should we plan a party or something to get to know each other a little better before school starts or has the law school in previous years organized something at one of the local bars?

Unfortunately my lease doesn't start until the 15th (Sunday) but I'd definitely be up for something after that!

mafrench

Postby mafrench » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Does anyone know when the second deposit deadline is or was?

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:12 pm

mafrench wrote:Does anyone know when the second deposit deadline is or was?

It was on May 21

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:38 pm

cr073137 wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:
blurbz wrote:
Pless wrote:I don't like to give away too much information to our competition, but the Class of 2013 will be the most talented class the College has ever enrolled.

Top 20, here we come.

+1

I hear you. If I have to spend the next three years with all of you, you better be awesome. That's all I'm saying. But so far I've gotten an "awesome" vibe so this looks promising.

I'm amenable to that. I'll likely be there either the 13th or the 14th depending on when I decide to move.

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Wait just a second here...

When we have a happy hour, does that mean that our TLS identities are no longer secret???

mafrench

Postby mafrench » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:49 pm

cr073137 wrote:

It was on May 21

Not likely to see much movement on the wait list then im guessing?

mafrench

Postby mafrench » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:50 pm

cr073137 wrote:

It was on May 21

Any wait list activity that anyone knows of?

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:51 pm

blurbz wrote:Wait just a second here...

When we have a happy hour, does that mean that our TLS identities are no longer secret???

The real question here is: have you said anything to be ashamed of? :?:

(Edit: FWIW, come August I fully intend to 1) severely cut down on TLSing and 2) create a new TLS profile. Webbylu87 will be put to rest, I fear.)
Last edited by webbylu87 on Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:53 pm

cr073137 wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:
blurbz wrote:

Top 20, here we come.

+1

Hell yes. My wife and I will be in Champaign on August 1st, so if anyone want to do something we're going to be bumming about.

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:00 pm

webbylu87 wrote:

If anything, just delete your profile once schools starts. And you dont have to go, hey, im so and so from TLS, I'm hoping you will introduce yourself with your name. I probably outed myself long ago by commenting too much in here. But since I havent said anything that im ashamed of (at least that i can remember), i dont think its a big deal. Besides, we all know that online personalities and real ones are not the same. This is not the NYT, this is a public forum where people joke and say comments they dont really mean, sarcasm doesnt get through all the time, and we can easily write something while meaning something else. So dont worry, at least I wouldnt judge someone for what they posted here. (unless you are one of those Mega annoying people)

And Ma French, to my knowledge, no one has gotten off the waitlist

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:02 pm

cr073137 wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:

If anything, just delete your profile once schools starts. And you dont have to go, hey, im so and so from TLS, I'm hoping you will introduce yourself with your name. I probably outed myself long ago by commenting too much in here. But since I havent said anything that im ashamed of (at least that i can remember), i dont think its a big deal. Besides, we all know that online personalities and real ones are not the same, besides, this is not the NYT, this is a public forum where people joke and say comments they dont really mean, sarcasm doesnt get through all the time, and we can easily write something while meaning something else. So dont worry, at least I wouldnt judge someone for what they posted here. (unless you are one of those Mega annoying people)

This seems pretty fair and I agree.

As a side bar to this: I have to say, I'm pretty happy that everyone who has outted themselves as attending Illinois (either now or in the future) seems pretty normal and frankly speaking, not total confrontational jerks. Granted I'm sure we're only a small sample out of the c/o 2013 but given the high percentage of impolite and confrontational people on TLS I'm pleasantly surprised.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:23 pm

I already know a few people on here just from the admitted students day, and the only thing I've said on here that might get me in trouble is that the Cubs suck, but of course, we all know that's true. (Go Reds!) :P

But yeah, everyone here seems really cool and laid back, which is the feeling I got from most people at the ASD. I'm definitely excited to get up to Chambana in August to meet everyone and have some fun before school starts.

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:25 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
cr073137 wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:

If anything, just delete your profile once schools starts. And you dont have to go, hey, im so and so from TLS, I'm hoping you will introduce yourself with your name. I probably outed myself long ago by commenting too much in here. But since I havent said anything that im ashamed of (at least that i can remember), i dont think its a big deal. Besides, we all know that online personalities and real ones are not the same, besides, this is not the NYT, this is a public forum where people joke and say comments they dont really mean, sarcasm doesnt get through all the time, and we can easily write something while meaning something else. So dont worry, at least I wouldnt judge someone for what they posted here. (unless you are one of those Mega annoying people)

This seems pretty fair and I agree.

As a side bar to this: I have to say, I'm pretty happy that everyone who has outted themselves as attending Illinois (either now or in the future) seems pretty normal and frankly speaking, not total confrontational jerks. Granted I'm sure we're only a small sample out of the c/o 2013 but given the high percentage of impolite and confrontational people on TLS I'm pleasantly surprised.

Well, in fairness I *have* been spending a lot of time in BP.

anthropologieaddict

Postby anthropologieaddict » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:28 pm

mafrench wrote:
cr073137 wrote:

It was on May 21

Any wait list activity that anyone knows of?

No, definitely no one has been admitted from the waitlist. There are no spots to speak of currently and Pless said that if any offers are made from the waitlist they would be done on a one for one basis as people drop out over the summer.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:35 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:Well, in fairness I *have* been spending a lot of time in BP.

Perhaps you're the exception to the rule then? :lol: :P

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:37 pm

webbylu87 wrote:
SaintClarence27 wrote:Well, in fairness I *have* been spending a lot of time in BP.

Perhaps you're the exception to the rule then? :lol: :P

Let's hope so. I think I'm the only BP regular attending UIllinois.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:16 pm

MBZags wrote:I already know a few people on here just from the admitted students day, and the only thing I've said on here that might get me in trouble is that the Cubs suck, but of course, we all know that's true. (Go Reds!) :P

But yeah, everyone here seems really cool and laid back, which is the feeling I got from most people at the ASD. I'm definitely excited to get up to Chambana in August to meet everyone and have some fun before school starts.

I can support you on the "Cubs suck" if you forget to mention the Lakers ever again.

SaintClarence27

Postby SaintClarence27 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:20 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:
MBZags wrote:I already know a few people on here just from the admitted students day, and the only thing I've said on here that might get me in trouble is that the Cubs suck, but of course, we all know that's true. (Go Reds!) :P

I can support you on the "Cubs suck" if you forget to mention the Lakers ever again.

Guys, no one is mentioning the elephant in the room...

Is Illinois still in the Big Ten?

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:22 pm

I was being sarcastic--I could not care less if people know who I am!

But yeah--everyone headed to Ilinois seems to be far more reasonable than most TLSers...even SaintClarence27...

Additionally, the Cubs do suck.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:23 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:

Guys, no one is mentioning the elephant in the room...

Is Illinois still in the Big Ten?

:Taking you seriously: I haven't heard anything saying teams would be dropped from the Big Eleven.

:Back to reality: Holy crap, I might get to watch a Texas team play in Champaign sometime during law school.

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Although, I don't really care much about baseball. Football first, football always. Then basketball. If Chicago gets LeBron they're immediately my second favorite team behind the Rockets.

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:27 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:Although, I don't really care much about baseball. Football first, football always. Then basketball. If Chicago gets LeBron they're immediately my second favorite team behind the Rockets.

I've underlined the important part. Please tell me I won't be the only Packer fan in the class...

TCScrutinizer

Postby TCScrutinizer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:29 pm

blurbz wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:Although, I don't really care much about baseball. Football first, football always. Then basketball. If Chicago gets LeBron they're immediately my second favorite team behind the Rockets.

I've underlined the important part. Please tell me I won't be the only Packer fan in the class...

I really doubt it; they have probably one of the two or three largest fan bases in the NFL. I can't say I'm one of them. I root for the Texans first, good football second, and ridiculous last second comebacks where Mannings cry third.

Also I have a very negative opinion of Big Eleven football, which I guess is going to change one way or the other over the next few years.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:33 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:

That might be tough. Is Kobe on the banned list as well? I assume in most contexts that talking about Him is fine, as long as we don't take the Lord's name in vain.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”