Illinois 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Regionality

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Regionality » Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:02 pm

downstream wrote:Is it safe to say that there probably won't be any waitlist activity?

It's safe to say that Pless has said that there will likely be very little, if any, waitlist activity, and that if there is any it will be as individuals drop out over the summer and he needs to fill individual seats.

windycity

Postby windycity » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:36 pm

Chupavida wrote:For more info:

http://maclawstudents.com/blog/law-scho ... e/#schools

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Kevin notes that the school uses SofTest and supports Boot Camp use. [03 March 08]

and from the Examsoft website:

I am an Apple Macintosh user, can I install SofTest on my Mac?

In order to use SofTest on your Apple Macbook or Macbook Pro, you must have:

Mac OS X Snow Leopard (v. 10.6) or Mac OS X Leopard (v. 10.5) AND
A valid copy of Windows XP, Vista or 7 installed using Apple's Bootcamp Assistant
Important:

Bootcamp Assistant is available in the Utilities folder on your Macintosh HD
Microsoft Windows is not included with the Mac OS or SofTest, it needs to be purchased separately
Older versions of Mac OS X will require an OS upgrade in order to use Bootcamp and SofTest. To check the version of your Mac OS, click the Apple icon on the top left of the screen and then About this Mac.

Wow, this is super helpful! Thank you! :)

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Well, I'll be folding in my waitlist cards at Illinois next week. Sad, but overall, very happy with my chosen school and scholarship accompaniment. Congrats to everyone admitted and attending Illinois :)

fenderjsm88

Postby fenderjsm88 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm sticking on the waitlist as long as I can, even though it isn't looking up at this point. Who knows what will happen? I also have a scholarship at a great peer school so I'm not too desperate, but Illinois is my first choice so I'm gonna ride the WL as long as I can.

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:41 pm

I just got my financial aid letter, but my scholarship is nowhere to be found on it. Is it on anyone else's??

jackson

Postby jackson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:46 pm

blurbz wrote:I just got my financial aid letter, but my scholarship is nowhere to be found on it. Is it on anyone else's??

Same here. I just emailed them about it and decided to check this board to see if anyone else had this as well.;)

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:51 pm

Haha. Came here with same exact question. No scholarship info listed.

legalzoom

Postby legalzoom » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:11 pm

+1

windycity

Postby windycity » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:13 pm

+1

*whew* ...very relieved to see i'm not alone.

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:19 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:I'm sticking on the waitlist as long as I can, even though it isn't looking up at this point. Who knows what will happen? I also have a scholarship at a great peer school so I'm not too desperate, but Illinois is my first choice so I'm gonna ride the WL as long as I can.

I'd ride it out longer if I could, but I have a fiance who has to start looking for a job where I am asap :-/

yhezel

Postby yhezel » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:55 pm

jackson wrote:
blurbz wrote:I just got my financial aid letter, but my scholarship is nowhere to be found on it. Is it on anyone else's??

Same here. I just emailed them about it and decided to check this board to see if anyone else had this as well.;)

Same here. :)

Pless

Postby Pless » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Main campus sent out the financial aid letters without including the scholarships for everyone. I will work on getting this fixed and have an email out to everyone early next week. I apologize for the confusion. At this point you do not need to accept the financial aid, but if you already have, that is fine. We can get it fixed. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Paul

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:18 am

Pless wrote:Main campus sent out the financial aid letters without including the scholarships for everyone. I will work on getting this fixed and have an email out to everyone early next week. I apologize for the confusion. At this point you do not need to accept the financial aid, but if you already have, that is fine. We can get it fixed. Again, sorry for the confusion.

Paul

As always, thanks for the update!

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 am

Well this board has been dead for a few days now...how's everyone doing?

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:21 am

Still hanging around. Hasn't been any whiff of any activity at all so far. I'm guessing if there's going to be any activity, it's going to be in the next week or two -- after that, things pretty much start settling in.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:27 am

I figured I'd go ahead and check in while I'm on here.

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:36 am

Everyone loves Illinois this year and no one wants to with withdraw becomes it's the bomb :(

LoveJones

Postby LoveJones » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Wondering if there are any transfers on here... I don't think transfer apps have been reviewed yet, but I'm not sure. Just looking to see if anyone knows..

as stars burn

Postby as stars burn » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:04 pm

Sill hanging around as well. Most of my hope is lost for getting off the waitlist though.

Pless

Postby Pless » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:43 pm

LoveJones wrote:Wondering if there are any transfers on here... I don't think transfer apps have been reviewed yet, but I'm not sure. Just looking to see if anyone knows..

We haven't started reviewing transfer apps yet. I hope to have decisions made (on those that are complete) by July 1.

anthropologieaddict

Postby anthropologieaddict » Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:53 pm

JCougar wrote:Still hanging around. Hasn't been any whiff of any activity at all so far. I'm guessing if there's going to be any activity, it's going to be in the next week or two -- after that, things pretty much start settling in.

Just wondering why you think this? Especially since there has been little movement on other schools waitlists yet, which would limit any withdraws from Illinois until this happens.

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:18 pm

anthropologieaddict wrote:
JCougar wrote:Still hanging around. Hasn't been any whiff of any activity at all so far. I'm guessing if there's going to be any activity, it's going to be in the next week or two -- after that, things pretty much start settling in.

Just wondering why you think this? Especially since there has been little movement on other schools waitlists yet, which would limit any withdraws from Illinois until this happens.

I honestly think that more people are afraid to "wait" and apply later like they did in other years because of the economy. Also, a lot of people who applied their senior year of undergrad end up getting jobs after applying, creating movement. This probably is less so this year. Also I think even multi-deposits are up. The same way as people applied to more schools these year to get a wider range, they are probably putting in a few more bucks and having multiple deposits.

JCougar

Postby JCougar » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:23 pm

It's just a guess, but now that most schools' second deposit deadlines have passed, and after the double deposit report is issued in a week or so, I'm not sure there will be many more spots opening up anywhere en masse after that.

Pless

Postby Pless » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:57 pm

JCougar wrote:

It's just a guess, but now that most schools' second deposit deadlines have passed, and after the double deposit report is issued in a week or so, I'm not sure there will be many more spots opening up anywhere en masse after that.

The multiple deposit report (with names) was available on May 15th this year, schools have had this information for a couple of weeks now. I am surprised at the lack of attrition here at Illinois, maybe it was the USB drive? :o

Regionality

Postby Regionality » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Pless wrote:
JCougar wrote:

The multiple deposit report (with names) was available on May 15th this year, schools have had this information for a couple of weeks now. I am surprised at the lack of attrition here at Illinois, maybe it was the USB drive? :o

Illinois admits got USB drives? I got a pen from W&L and that's it...I'm definitely wishing I had some more law school schwag. If we don't get in to Illinois but there are still USB drives left over, can the waitlisters still get one? :-D

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”