Illinois 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
clint4law

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby clint4law » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:21 pm

i've been complete since 11/10 and I'm still "File Complete, Review Pending"....anyone know when I'll actually be under review?

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:25 pm

In with Full Tuition scholarship! Pretty excited :)

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:27 pm

Kretzy wrote:In with Full Tuition scholarship! Pretty excited :)

Holy cow!

It must be good if I use a phrase such as 'holy cow!' :D

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:30 pm

I wonder what the yield on full scholarship offers are... 5%?

Kretzy

Postby Kretzy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:44 pm

UFMatt wrote:
Kretzy wrote:In with Full Tuition scholarship! Pretty excited :)

Holy cow!

It must be good if I use a phrase such as 'holy cow!' :D

Iknowright?! I got the email on my blackberry while riding into NYC, and thought it was just a single $40,000 scholarship at first. I kept re-reading it to make sure I wasn't fooling myself.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:51 pm

Really depressed right now, thought I'd be in the first batch since I applied early september. :cry:

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:56 pm

robin600 wrote:Really depressed right now, thought I'd be in the first batch since I applied early september. :cry:

did your status change?

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:01 pm

clint4law wrote:
robin600 wrote:Really depressed right now, thought I'd be in the first batch since I applied early september. :cry:

did your status change?

to in review 12/3.

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:04 pm

robin600 wrote:
clint4law wrote:

did your status change?

to in review 12/3.

consider yourself lucky...i'm still:

Current Status: File Complete, Review Pending
Current Status Date: 11/9/2009

robin600

Postby robin600 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:07 pm

clint4law wrote:
robin600 wrote:
clint4law wrote:

did your status change?

to in review 12/3.

consider yourself lucky...i'm still:

Current Status: File Complete, Review Pending
Current Status Date: 11/9/2009

but when did you apply? I was complete ~9/15ish

ec2xs

Postby ec2xs » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:31 pm

File complete, review pending 11/19 here. One of my top choices so I'm on pins and needles. Application was only completed on the 11/17, though.

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:40 pm

rondemarino wrote:I wonder what the yield on full scholarship offers are... 5%?

I love how you politely ask questions to Pless and then make dick comments like this. While I'm sure there was no maliciousness intended (you seem like a guy who is just interested in statistics) you must know how it comes off.

Zojirushi

Postby Zojirushi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:50 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:

I love how you politely ask questions to Pless and then make dick comments like this. While I'm sure there was no maliciousness intended (you seem like a guy who is just interested in statistics) you must know how it comes off.

How is that "dick"? Calm down.

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Zojirushi wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

I'm not the least bit agitated but making a comment like that when we all know Dean Pless browses this thread is a bit less than tactful, don't you think? And as I said, I'm almost positive he wasn't trying to be a dick, that's just how it came off to me.

rondemarino

Postby rondemarino » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:41 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Zojirushi wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:

I'm not the least bit agitated but making a comment like that when we all know Dean Pless browses this thread is a bit less than tactful, don't you think? And as I said, I'm almost positive he wasn't trying to be a dick, that's just how it came off to me.

No, that wasn't my intent. My comment was clearly part curiosity, part sarcasm. When I have a specific query, whether its Dean Pless or one of the 2Ls or 3Ls, I phrase it with the etiquette one would expect of a more formal conversation. As far as random banter goes, I don't worry too much about how it comes off. Even with the best of intentions, tone carries poorly over the interwebz.

YellowCake

Postby YellowCake » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:25 pm

I'd imagine it's 5-10% at most schools outside of HYS CCN and maybe MVP. Chances are if you get a full scholly, you're going to get into another school that would be very very hard to say no to.

Personally, I would take a full ride from Illinois w/o thinking twice. But there was someone in the Who Did you Hear from? thread that said they would turn down a full ride to Michigan to pay sticker at the H.

mizzoutigers88

Postby mizzoutigers88 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Under review as of yesterday, so I guess I'm in the new batch of applicants that hopefully will receive decisions next friday. Best of luck to everyone applying to U of I!

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:45 pm

Dean P:
For those of us still "File Complete, Review Pending" as of 11/09 can we expect to hear back next week (in the next batch)?
Thanks

Unadilla Kayaker

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:20 pm

clint4law wrote:Dean P:
For those of us still "File Complete, Review Pending" as of 11/09 can we expect to hear back next week (in the next batch)?
Thanks

I think he answered this already and the answer is no. It seems like Dean Pless is good about updating status checkers. When your SC says "In Review" you can expect to hear something within a week. "File Complete, Review Pending" means that you file is complete and you are ready for review. He also said that he was going to try to have 200 additional decisions next week (which seemed like a lot) but that he goes in order of date of completion. He said the current batch he is working on went complete up to early October.

I went complete a few weeks before you and am not in the current batch. I think if you are patient you will probably hear something by Christmas (well with the way Dean Pless works, even if you are not patient you will probably hear something).

HTH.
Last edited by Unadilla Kayaker on Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
Thanks

I think he answered this already and the answer is no. It seems like Dean Pless is good about updating status checkers. When your SC says "In Review" you can expect to hear something within a week. "File Complete, Review Pending" means that you file is complete and you are ready for review. He also said that he was going to try to have 200 additional acceptances next week (which seemed like a lot) but that he goes in order of date of completion. He said the current batch he is working on went complete up to early October.

I went complete a few weeks before you and am not in the current batch. I think if you are patient you will probably hear something by Christmas (well with the way Dean Pless works, even if you are not patient you will probably hear something).

HTH.

thanks buddy!

Pless

Postby Pless » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:57 pm

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:I think he answered this already and the answer is no. It seems like Dean Pless is good about updating status checkers. When your SC says "In Review" you can expect to hear something within a week. "File Complete, Review Pending" means that you file is complete and you are ready for review. He also said that he was going to try to have 200 additional acceptances next week (which seemed like a lot) but that he goes in order of date of completion. He said the current batch he is working on went complete up to early October.

HTH.

Thanks for taking care of that one. Just to be clear though, 200 decisions, not necessarily acceptances.

tram988

Postby tram988 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:09 am

Pless wrote:
Unadilla Kayaker wrote:I think he answered this already and the answer is no. It seems like Dean Pless is good about updating status checkers. When your SC says "In Review" you can expect to hear something within a week. "File Complete, Review Pending" means that you file is complete and you are ready for review. He also said that he was going to try to have 200 additional acceptances next week (which seemed like a lot) but that he goes in order of date of completion. He said the current batch he is working on went complete up to early October.

HTH.

Thanks for taking care of that one. Just to be clear though, 200 decisions, not necessarily acceptances.

Looking forward to it!

robin600

Postby robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:19 am

Unadilla Kayaker wrote:
Thanks

I think he answered this already and the answer is no. It seems like Dean Pless is good about updating status checkers. When your SC says "In Review" you can expect to hear something within a week. "File Complete, Review Pending" means that you file is complete and you are ready for review. He also said that he was going to try to have 200 additional acceptances next week (which seemed like a lot) but that he goes in order of date of completion. He said the current batch he is working on went complete up to early October.

HTH.

At least I will know!

Unadilla Kayaker

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:34 am

Pless wrote:

HTH.

Absolutely. That was a brain fart, not even wishful thinking! Sorry about that and thanks for correcting.

robin600

Postby robin600 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Does anybody know how much they take non-trad. life factors into account? I'm blind and my LSAT is just slightly below their median but I'd like to know if my blindness would be considered.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”