Page 5 of 84

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:23 am
by jaskat
Damn, I can't compete with that picture. *sigh*

No, I'm not ED, (although Dean Pless, if you see my application on your desk, please know that I'm ED at heart!)... I hope this doesn't mean anything bad... :?
Image
Those are judges... (I felt the need to try) :mrgreen:

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:08 pm
by Pless
Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes. This first batch is only about 100 decisions. My plan right now is for the next batch of decisions to come out on December 11th and I hope to have at least 200 additional decisions at that time.

Good luck!
Paul

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:09 pm
by NancyBotwin
Pless wrote:Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes.


:shock: eeep!

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:12 pm
by sckon
holy hell

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:13 pm
by pizzaface
IN! That was fast

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:14 pm
by 02082010
Pless wrote:Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes. This first batch is only about 100 decisions. My plan right now is for the next batch of decisions to come out on December 11th and I hope to have at least 200 additional decisions at that time.

Good luck!
Paul


Are all those who will be in that 2nd batch already under review?

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:14 pm
by PirateCap'n
Pless wrote:Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes. This first batch is only about 100 decisions. My plan right now is for the next batch of decisions to come out on December 11th and I hope to have at least 200 additional decisions at that time.

Good luck!
Paul


Just received one of those decisions. In with scholarship!

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:15 pm
by sckon
NO word...guess im a loser this round


edit: Congrats to everyone who got in!

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:16 pm
by NancyBotwin
sckon wrote:NO word...guess im a loser this round


edit: Congrats to everyone who got in!


Ditto to both.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:17 pm
by Pless
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Pless wrote:Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes. This first batch is only about 100 decisions. My plan right now is for the next batch of decisions to come out on December 11th and I hope to have at least 200 additional decisions at that time.

Good luck!
Paul


Are all those who will be in that 2nd batch already under review?


No. I just asked for the next 100 files to be assigned to me. Once that happens your status checker should show "in review". All those that showed "in review" before today should be in this batch of 98.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 pm
by 02082010
Pless wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Pless wrote:Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes. This first batch is only about 100 decisions. My plan right now is for the next batch of decisions to come out on December 11th and I hope to have at least 200 additional decisions at that time.

Good luck!
Paul


Are all those who will be in that 2nd batch already under review?


No. I just asked for the next 100 files to be assigned to me. Once that happens your status checker should show "in review". All those that showed "in review" before today should be in this batch of 98.


One more question, do you know what complete date you guys are on now (for this next 100)? Just curious as to how long the wait will be. Thanks for taking questions again! Good luck with the reading!

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 pm
by t_flores08
I was wondering how decisions are given out? Via status checker or is it in the mail or phone call. If anyone else can tell me, I would appreciate it. My status checker still says review pending, but I applied on the first of November, and my status checker has not changed (saying File Complete, Review Pending) since 11/13. If anyone could let me know what this all means, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:20 pm
by sckon
I was only review pending.....that makes sense.


More T-Rex in a Jet!

Image


P.S. Dean Pless does the awesomeness factor of the pic above enhance my chances?

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:20 pm
by 02082010
t_flores08 wrote:I was wondering how decisions are given out? Via status checker or is it in the mail or phone call. If anyone else can tell me, I would appreciate it. My status checker still says review pending, but I applied on the first of November, and my status checker has not changed (saying File Complete, Review Pending) since 11/13. If anyone could let me know what this all means, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.


Email/status checker.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:22 pm
by tram988
I've been review pending since October lol.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:25 pm
by JOThompson
Just received my decision via email. For those who are curious, I applied on 9/13. Best of luck to everyone else!

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:26 pm
by Pless
Review Pending just means you are complete. In review means you will be in the next batch. All decisions will be via email first, and the status checker will update within an hour of the email going out. The next batch of files are files that completed up to the first week of October. It takes a while to get caught up, since I don't start reading until November and people have been applying since September 1.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:27 pm
by tram988
Pless wrote:Review Pending just means you are complete. In review means you will be in the next batch. All decisions will be via email first, and the status checker will update within an hour of the email going out. The next batch of files are files that completed up to the first week of October. It takes a while to get caught up, since I don't start reading until November and people have been applying since September 1.


Thanks for that response. Much appreciated.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:29 pm
by 02082010
tram988 wrote:
Pless wrote:Review Pending just means you are complete. In review means you will be in the next batch. All decisions will be via email first, and the status checker will update within an hour of the email going out. The next batch of files are files that completed up to the first week of October. It takes a while to get caught up, since I don't start reading until November and people have been applying since September 1.


Thanks for that response. Much appreciated.


+1.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:31 pm
by NayBoer
Pumped even though I'm still only pending.

It's funny to contrast this thread with certain other threads that are basically dozens of pages of hair-pulling and crazy theories in the absence of any concrete communication from the school.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:34 pm
by tram988
I predict that more deans will be doing this in the future. It seems to be a great way to connect with potential applicants and to market one's law school. I had not originally considered Illinois until I discovered this thread and learned about all of the great benefits it provides.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:35 pm
by t_flores08
Pless wrote:Review Pending just means you are complete. In review means you will be in the next batch. All decisions will be via email first, and the status checker will update within an hour of the email going out. The next batch of files are files that completed up to the first week of October. It takes a while to get caught up, since I don't start reading until November and people have been applying since September 1.


Thank you for the clarification Dean Pless. All these terms really throw me off sometimes as they seem like they can mean almost anything.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:36 pm
by Padimud
In with Scholarship!

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:36 pm
by JOThompson
Thank you for all the information, Dean Pless.

Re: Illinois 2010!

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:37 pm
by Unadilla Kayaker
Thanks for the transparency Dean Pless. It really helps to know how/when decisions are made and what status checker changes mean.