Illinois 2010!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jaskat
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby jaskat » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:23 am

Damn, I can't compete with that picture. *sigh*

No, I'm not ED, (although Dean Pless, if you see my application on your desk, please know that I'm ED at heart!)... I hope this doesn't mean anything bad... :?
Image
Those are judges... (I felt the need to try) :mrgreen:

User avatar
Pless
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Pless » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes. This first batch is only about 100 decisions. My plan right now is for the next batch of decisions to come out on December 11th and I hope to have at least 200 additional decisions at that time.

Good luck!
Paul

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:09 pm

Pless wrote:Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes.


:shock: eeep!

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby sckon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:12 pm

holy hell

pizzaface
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby pizzaface » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:13 pm

IN! That was fast

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:14 pm

Pless wrote:Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes. This first batch is only about 100 decisions. My plan right now is for the next batch of decisions to come out on December 11th and I hope to have at least 200 additional decisions at that time.

Good luck!
Paul


Are all those who will be in that 2nd batch already under review?

PirateCap'n
Posts: 747
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby PirateCap'n » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:14 pm

Pless wrote:Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes. This first batch is only about 100 decisions. My plan right now is for the next batch of decisions to come out on December 11th and I hope to have at least 200 additional decisions at that time.

Good luck!
Paul


Just received one of those decisions. In with scholarship!
Last edited by PirateCap'n on Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby sckon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:15 pm

NO word...guess im a loser this round


edit: Congrats to everyone who got in!

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby NancyBotwin » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:16 pm

sckon wrote:NO word...guess im a loser this round


edit: Congrats to everyone who got in!


Ditto to both.

User avatar
Pless
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Pless » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:17 pm

hopefulundergrad wrote:
Pless wrote:Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes. This first batch is only about 100 decisions. My plan right now is for the next batch of decisions to come out on December 11th and I hope to have at least 200 additional decisions at that time.

Good luck!
Paul


Are all those who will be in that 2nd batch already under review?


No. I just asked for the next 100 files to be assigned to me. Once that happens your status checker should show "in review". All those that showed "in review" before today should be in this batch of 98.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 pm

Pless wrote:
hopefulundergrad wrote:
Pless wrote:Decisions will be coming out today in a few minutes. This first batch is only about 100 decisions. My plan right now is for the next batch of decisions to come out on December 11th and I hope to have at least 200 additional decisions at that time.

Good luck!
Paul


Are all those who will be in that 2nd batch already under review?


No. I just asked for the next 100 files to be assigned to me. Once that happens your status checker should show "in review". All those that showed "in review" before today should be in this batch of 98.


One more question, do you know what complete date you guys are on now (for this next 100)? Just curious as to how long the wait will be. Thanks for taking questions again! Good luck with the reading!

User avatar
t_flores08
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:41 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby t_flores08 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 pm

I was wondering how decisions are given out? Via status checker or is it in the mail or phone call. If anyone else can tell me, I would appreciate it. My status checker still says review pending, but I applied on the first of November, and my status checker has not changed (saying File Complete, Review Pending) since 11/13. If anyone could let me know what this all means, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby sckon » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:20 pm

I was only review pending.....that makes sense.


More T-Rex in a Jet!

Image


P.S. Dean Pless does the awesomeness factor of the pic above enhance my chances?

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:20 pm

t_flores08 wrote:I was wondering how decisions are given out? Via status checker or is it in the mail or phone call. If anyone else can tell me, I would appreciate it. My status checker still says review pending, but I applied on the first of November, and my status checker has not changed (saying File Complete, Review Pending) since 11/13. If anyone could let me know what this all means, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.


Email/status checker.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:22 pm

I've been review pending since October lol.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby JOThompson » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Just received my decision via email. For those who are curious, I applied on 9/13. Best of luck to everyone else!

User avatar
Pless
Posts: 512
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:39 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Pless » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:26 pm

Review Pending just means you are complete. In review means you will be in the next batch. All decisions will be via email first, and the status checker will update within an hour of the email going out. The next batch of files are files that completed up to the first week of October. It takes a while to get caught up, since I don't start reading until November and people have been applying since September 1.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:27 pm

Pless wrote:Review Pending just means you are complete. In review means you will be in the next batch. All decisions will be via email first, and the status checker will update within an hour of the email going out. The next batch of files are files that completed up to the first week of October. It takes a while to get caught up, since I don't start reading until November and people have been applying since September 1.


Thanks for that response. Much appreciated.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby 02082010 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:29 pm

tram988 wrote:
Pless wrote:Review Pending just means you are complete. In review means you will be in the next batch. All decisions will be via email first, and the status checker will update within an hour of the email going out. The next batch of files are files that completed up to the first week of October. It takes a while to get caught up, since I don't start reading until November and people have been applying since September 1.


Thanks for that response. Much appreciated.


+1.

User avatar
NayBoer
Posts: 1013
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:24 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby NayBoer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Pumped even though I'm still only pending.

It's funny to contrast this thread with certain other threads that are basically dozens of pages of hair-pulling and crazy theories in the absence of any concrete communication from the school.

tram988
Posts: 1161
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:51 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby tram988 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:34 pm

I predict that more deans will be doing this in the future. It seems to be a great way to connect with potential applicants and to market one's law school. I had not originally considered Illinois until I discovered this thread and learned about all of the great benefits it provides.

User avatar
t_flores08
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:41 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby t_flores08 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:35 pm

Pless wrote:Review Pending just means you are complete. In review means you will be in the next batch. All decisions will be via email first, and the status checker will update within an hour of the email going out. The next batch of files are files that completed up to the first week of October. It takes a while to get caught up, since I don't start reading until November and people have been applying since September 1.


Thank you for the clarification Dean Pless. All these terms really throw me off sometimes as they seem like they can mean almost anything.

User avatar
Padimud
Posts: 239
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Padimud » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:36 pm

In with Scholarship!

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby JOThompson » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:36 pm

Thank you for all the information, Dean Pless.

Unadilla Kayaker
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Illinois 2010!

Postby Unadilla Kayaker » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Thanks for the transparency Dean Pless. It really helps to know how/when decisions are made and what status checker changes mean.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests