Illinois 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
blurbz

Silver

Re: Illinois 2010!

Post by blurbz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Sounds good. I'm going to let weather determine it, I think. As long as nothing extra formal is required I'll be fine. I have plenty of other things to worry about--I'm not going to spend much time thinking about my outfits!

LSHPFL10

New

Post by LSHPFL10 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Pless wrote:I would say on the casual side of business casual. On the second day it is usually more casual. You probably want to bring something to jot down some notes with because in the afternoon you will have a session on briefing cases with your legal writing professor. Looking forward to tomorrow.
Paul
Does this mean that shorts would be appropriate, as long as we wear a button-up or something? I'd hate to be the only person not in dress clothes.

Pless

Silver

Post by Pless » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:05 pm

LSHPFL10 wrote:
Pless wrote:I would say on the casual side of business casual. On the second day it is usually more casual. You probably want to bring something to jot down some notes with because in the afternoon you will have a session on briefing cases with your legal writing professor. Looking forward to tomorrow.
Paul
Does this mean that shorts would be appropriate, as long as we wear a button-up or something? I'd hate to be the only person not in dress clothes.
I am betting you won't be the only one in shorts. The key thing is the shirt, you will get your directory photo taken tomorrow, and that will be with you for three years.

Eruannon

Bronze

Post by Eruannon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Who's going to legends tonight?

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Eruannon wrote:Who's going to legends tonight?
I'm definitely considering it, but I'm also considering just relaxing and going out tomorrow.

What's everyone else thinking?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:06 pm

blurbz wrote:
Eruannon wrote:Who's going to legends tonight?
I'm definitely considering it, but I'm also considering just relaxing and going out tomorrow.

What's everyone else thinking?
I'm going.

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:47 pm

I'm going to run a few errands with the wife, but I'll probably show up. If you haven't met me before, I'm bald, white, goateed, and I'll be wearing a brown shirt that says "Fight Me, I'm Irish."

yhezel

New

Post by yhezel » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm going.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:45 pm

So what did you think of today? I enjoyed it, but it did feel a little long.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:33 pm

blurbz wrote:So what did you think of today? I enjoyed it, but it did feel a little long.
Not to sound like a broken record, but when you've spent nine hours sitting in the sub zero basement of an incomplete building doing nothing because your boss won't send you home and won't give you work to do, seven or so hours thinking about law school and checking out all the girls you're not going to have sex with is pretty easy.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:48 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:
blurbz wrote:So what did you think of today? I enjoyed it, but it did feel a little long.
Not to sound like a broken record, but when you've spent nine hours sitting in the sub zero basement of an incomplete building doing nothing because your boss won't send you home and won't give you work to do, seven or so hours thinking about law school and checking out all the girls you're not going to have sex with is pretty easy.

I think you may have missed the part where I said that I enjoyed it! :-)

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:05 pm

blurbz wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:

I think you may have missed the part where I said that I enjoyed it! :-)
True. :p Just didn't seem that long to me. For the most part they kept it moving just enough. I got a little tired in the section after lunch and the peer review ran too long. But other than that it was fine for me.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 pm

For what it's worth, my financial aid refund came through yesterday and hit my account overnight. Now just waiting on the tuition deposit refund!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Tenth Usher

New

Post by Tenth Usher » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:44 am

Rest up, looks like more tedium, followed by fun, on the way for tomorrow

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 pm

I enjoyed today. And this time, it didn't feel long.

Here's looking at you, TCScrutinizer.

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:30 pm

blurbz wrote:I enjoyed today. And this time, it didn't feel long.

Here's looking at you, TCScrutinizer.
Damn it, have I met you? I just can't remember shit anymore. I've introduced myself to too many people these past two days.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:32 pm

Honestly, I think so. But I didn't say anything about TLS since I wasn't absolutely sure.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:43 pm

blurbz wrote:Honestly, I think so. But I didn't say anything about TLS since I wasn't absolutely sure.
I mentioned TLS to a few people but the ones who had heard about it (aside from TC) all said they don't post, just lurk. What do you look like, blurbz?

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:49 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
blurbz wrote:Honestly, I think so. But I didn't say anything about TLS since I wasn't absolutely sure.
I mentioned TLS to a few people but the ones who had heard about it (aside from TC) all said they don't post, just lurk. What do you look like, blurbz?
One of those guys you met also had my name, was also bald, and also in section A1. I met him at Legends and he mentioned you asking him if he was me.

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:50 pm

TCScrutinizer wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
One of those guys you met also had my name, was also bald, and also in section A1. I met him at Legends and he mentioned you asking him if he was me.
Yeah, I know who you mean. That was embarrassing. :oops:

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:54 pm

NancyBotwin wrote:
TCScrutinizer wrote:
NancyBotwin wrote:
Yeah, I know who you mean. That was embarrassing. :oops:
Don't be. He didn't really seem to be anything but mildly amused about it. It was kind of a trip being shit wrecked in the bathroom of Legends and having some random guy go, "hey, TC?!" at me. I'm not used to being TC in real life.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

NancyBotwin

Silver

Post by NancyBotwin » Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome.

blurbz

Silver

Post by blurbz » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:30 pm

No computers allowed in crim? Obnoxious.

TCScrutinizer

Bronze

Post by TCScrutinizer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:21 am

Why is the library closed on weekends?!? :(

Tenth Usher

New

Post by Tenth Usher » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:21 pm

PM me your law school email if you want in on either:

-FF League

-NFL Pick 'em League

Between the interest on here and 5 or so people I've talked to, I think this stuff will take off quickly. 10/12 spots for Fantasy depending on interest, and we can try to get as many people as possible in on the Pick 'em. Should be good.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”