Minnesota 2010! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SaintClarence27

Silver

Re: Minnesota 2010!

Post by SaintClarence27 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:01 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoktorZaius

New

Post by DoktorZaius » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:14 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:
I hope they don't find my cellulite.
May be for the best, they keep a dermatologist on hand.

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:32 pm

hmm, just got a change on my review date, wonder when i'll hear.

rodewan

Bronze

Post by rodewan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:50 am

UR 3/4 here. pretty anxious to hear back :D

NeedAdviceNow

New

Post by NeedAdviceNow » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:19 am

Does anybody know when the first deposit is due in Minnesota? I'm still UR since February, I'm kinda thinking I'll find out after they see who is serious about attending and what they class looks like before making the rest of the decision. It's my speculations only though...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:21 pm

I withdrew today. That frees up $60k in scholly money for the rest of y'all. Good luck!

Geist13

Silver

Post by Geist13 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Well it's official. Barring a miraculous admittance off the waitlist from BU or Cornell (reserve), I will be in Minneapolis this fall.

atfarmer

New

Post by atfarmer » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:29 pm

UofMinn definitely takes its time... I've been UR for approximately 6 weeks. I guess they said it would be 8-12 though, so I should be coming down the home stretch
Last edited by atfarmer on Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

current_steering

New

Post by current_steering » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:49 am

I intruded into the admissions office this morning. I told the lady at the front desk the same truth about myself, and she replied:"well, sometimes it even takes as long as 12 weeks..." So I realized that I was probably at half way in the process. Her suggestion? "stay tight and wait..."

In less than 5 minutes, I was sent out of the office. what a cold attitude! Now, I'm pondering whether it's worth waiting...
atfarmer wrote:UofMinn definitely takes its time... I've been UR for approximately 6 weeks

jerzgrl630

Bronze

Post by jerzgrl630 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:51 am

I've been UR since 12/8. Has ANYONE been waiting this long? I know that I'm not exactly an auto-admit and I sit at the cusp between admit and rejection, but I cannot believe it. My UR date updated on 1/26 and as of now that's where I still sit.

Oh well, perhaps today is the day. I've gotta get a decision soon, right?

keemos

Bronze

Post by keemos » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:18 am

Under review updated from 1/13 to 3/29

tycho_brahe

New

Post by tycho_brahe » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:49 am

current_steering wrote:I intruded into the admissions office this morning. I told the lady at the front desk the same truth about myself, and she replied:"well, sometimes it even takes as long as 12 weeks..." So I realized that I was probably at half way in the process. Her suggestion? "stay tight and wait..."

In less than 5 minutes, I was sent out of the office. what a cold attitude! Now, I'm pondering whether it's worth waiting...
atfarmer wrote:UofMinn definitely takes its time... I've been UR for approximately 6 weeks
Cold attitude? How else are they supposed to respond to an applicant barging into the admissions office, demanding answers that they can't provide? Howabout showing some self-control? I've been under review since 1/7, and I haven't contacted the office once. Why? Because they clearly tell you that decisions can take from eight to twelve weeks. When the twelfth week is up, then I might give them a call.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 am

jerzgrl630 wrote:I've been UR since 12/8. Has ANYONE been waiting this long? I know that I'm not exactly an auto-admit and I sit at the cusp between admit and rejection, but I cannot believe it. My UR date updated on 1/26 and as of now that's where I still sit.

Oh well, perhaps today is the day. I've gotta get a decision soon, right?
Wow, that's even worse than me. I've been in review since 12/29, but I had a couple of date changes earlier this month. Still no decision, though. UMN is kind of a dark horse for me so I'm not getting too antsy about it.

current_steering

New

Post by current_steering » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:07 pm

yea... you forgot to tell the cold fact (sadly found in one of your previous posts) that you are eying on the schools in NYC. so why again check this school, uh? I think everybody still waiting to get in to UMN deserves a little bit vent of their anxiety and maybe a bit ranting. After all, we are applicants who cared - not counting clocking ticking towards the 12th week.
So stop your hypocritical preaching.
And I'd stop here, per your request of self-control.
tycho_brahe wrote:
current_steering wrote:I intruded into the admissions office this morning. I told the lady at the front desk the same truth about myself, and she replied:"well, sometimes it even takes as long as 12 weeks..." So I realized that I was probably at half way in the process. Her suggestion? "stay tight and wait..."

Cold attitude? How else are they supposed to respond to an applicant barging into the admissions office, demanding answers that they can't provide? Howabout showing some self-control? I've been under review since 1/7, and I haven't contacted the office once. Why? Because they clearly tell you that decisions can take from eight to twelve weeks. When the twelfth week is up, then I might give them a call.

tycho_brahe

New

Post by tycho_brahe » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:26 pm

current_steering wrote:yea... you forgot to tell the cold fact (sadly found in one of your previous posts) that you are eying on the schools in NYC. so why again check this school, uh? I think everybody still waiting to get in to UMN deserves a little bit vent of their anxiety and maybe a bit ranting. After all, we are applicants who cared - not counting clocking ticking towards the 12th week.
tycho_brahe wrote:

You sadly found one of my previous posts? I'm not sad, are you? I'm applying to schools in NYC, I'm also applying to schools in the midwest. I check this thread because Minnesota is one of my top choices. I presume that is the same reason you are checking this thread. Sorry to rain on your super-sleuth parade.

I can understand your venting, I just thought you sounded a little entitled in blaming the admissions office. Especially considering I've been waiting nearly twice as long as you have, as have others on the thread. I mean, seriously, what did you expect them to do while you were in the office? Entertain you while you wait for their decision? Of course they sent you out, they have work to do.

atfarmer

New

Post by atfarmer » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Lol I figured I've been under review longer than just about anybody, but now, after reviewing this thread, I'm feeling embarrassed, having only gone under review on 2/16. The funny thing is, the only other T30 school to which I applied is Alabama, and it's also (in)famous for long review periods.

I'm just glad I've gotten into a few other schools, or this wait would give me a nervous breakdown haha.
Last edited by atfarmer on Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DoktorZaius

New

Post by DoktorZaius » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:41 pm

current_steering wrote:yea... you forgot to tell the cold fact (sadly found in one of your previous posts) that you are eying on the schools in NYC. so why again check this school, uh? I think everybody still waiting to get in to UMN deserves a little bit vent of their anxiety and maybe a bit ranting. After all, we are applicants who cared - not counting clocking ticking towards the 12th week.
ITT we learn that it's hypocritical to apply to multiple schools in different regions, and that UMN applicants are entitled to show up @ the admissions office to inquire about their application status, get foot massages, and sample fine wines.

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Decision E-Mail Sent!

But no actual e-mail...

tycho_brahe

New

Post by tycho_brahe » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:14 pm

j.wellington wrote:Decision E-Mail Sent!

But no actual e-mail...
Well I just got waitlisted. That's what it says on my status checker, not "decision e-mail sent", so I'm guessing you're either in or out?

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:20 pm

tycho_brahe wrote:
j.wellington wrote:Decision E-Mail Sent!

But no actual e-mail...
Well I just got waitlisted. That's what it says on my status checker, not "decision e-mail sent", so I'm guessing you're either in or out?
More likely the latter in that case. I already decided I won't be riding out any waitlists, so it's just as well. Anxiously watching the tab to my left...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

SaintClarence27

Silver

Post by SaintClarence27 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:24 pm

Last edited by SaintClarence27 on Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j.wellington

Bronze

Post by j.wellington » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:35 pm

SaintClarence27 wrote:When did you guys apply?
Went complete 12/29. And it's a rejection. Never pleasant to hear, but every option off the table makes things easier at this stage.

autoding

New

Post by autoding » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:59 pm

Waitlisted today, probably going to withdraw from the waitlist.

Gotta say there is more complaining about waiting in this thread than any other I've browsed.....and I've seen people waiting for a lot longer than 12 weeks for decisions from other schools. If you're a marginal candidate, unfortunately it takes awhile.

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:02 pm

autoding wrote:Waitlisted today, probably going to withdraw from the waitlist.

Gotta say there is more complaining about waiting in this thread than any other I've browsed.....and I've seen people waiting for a lot longer than 12 weeks for decisions from other schools. If you're a marginal candidate, unfortunately it takes awhile.
You think this is bad...go check out the WUSTL thread. There are some real neurotics in there!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”