UVA 2010, RD

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby avacado111 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:29 pm

crackberry wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:can someone confirm my general impression from this thread that your status date changing on the app status check doesn't mean anything?

I — along with many people on this thread — can confirm that.


i can confirm it too (I was accepted yesterday) lol. But a friend of mine applied ed, and I think Dean T called him up to ask him to retake in Oct to increase her lsat to get in.

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Omg! I just got the dotted lines around the "Under Review" section of my status checker!!1! Does this mean I'm in? WL?



/LSAT humor

User avatar
gotmilk?
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:25 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby gotmilk? » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:31 pm

avacado111 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:can someone confirm my general impression from this thread that your status date changing on the app status check doesn't mean anything?

I — along with many people on this thread — can confirm that.


i can confirm it too (I was accepted yesterday) lol. But a friend of mine applied ed, and I think Dean T called him up to ask him to retake in Oct to increase her lsat to get in.


that's kinda a ridiculous thing to say to someone... "we want to accept you, but we care about our numbers more"

User avatar
elliefont
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby elliefont » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:32 pm

avacado111 wrote:
elliefont wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
Apple Tree wrote:Just got home and saw an email from Jason at UVA wanting me to give him a call...hotmail is blocked at work. I have GOT to get a blackberry so I can check emails at work!

I REALLY hope this is because I'm accepted instead of W/L...My status did not change to "Congratulations" like those who've been accepted...

Oh god, I must go watch some The Office to get my mind out of this...

They don't ask you to call unless they want to tell you you've been admitted.


are you 100% about this?? I want to go to sleep happy... !!!


actually, they may call you if they want you to retake, or to tell you something about your file. This happened to a friend of mine.


ugh... got the email from Dean Trujillo requesting that I call... oh well, guess we'll see in the morning.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby avacado111 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:33 pm

gotmilk? wrote:
avacado111 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:can someone confirm my general impression from this thread that your status date changing on the app status check doesn't mean anything?

I — along with many people on this thread — can confirm that.


i can confirm it too (I was accepted yesterday) lol. But a friend of mine applied ed, and I think Dean T called him up to ask him to retake in Oct to increase her lsat to get in.


that's kinda a ridiculous thing to say to someone... "we want to accept you, but we care about our numbers more"


hm, not really. The lsat was low. The dean asked her to take the lsat again. A lot of people who apply ED get waitlisted and then asked to retake. I think someone on this fourm said that a dean at UVA asked him/her to take the lsat again (in Dec and score a 170) and then they would be off the waitlist. If you have time you should search it.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby crackberry » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Omg! I just got the dotted lines around the "Under Review" section of my status checker!!1! Does this mean I'm in? WL?

/LSAT humor

My box is filled!

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby avacado111 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:34 pm

also,

99% chance you are in
1% something else

sleep happy :)

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Helmholtz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:34 pm

crackberry wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Omg! I just got the dotted lines around the "Under Review" section of my status checker!!1! Does this mean I'm in? WL?

/LSAT humor

My box is filled!


Flame!

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby avacado111 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:35 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
crackberry wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Omg! I just got the dotted lines around the "Under Review" section of my status checker!!1! Does this mean I'm in? WL?

/LSAT humor

My box is filled!


Flame!


ohhhhhh lsat memories.

User avatar
gotmilk?
Posts: 203
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:25 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby gotmilk? » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:35 pm

avacado111 wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:
avacado111 wrote:
crackberry wrote:I — along with many people on this thread — can confirm that.


i can confirm it too (I was accepted yesterday) lol. But a friend of mine applied ed, and I think Dean T called him up to ask him to retake in Oct to increase her lsat to get in.


that's kinda a ridiculous thing to say to someone... "we want to accept you, but we care about our numbers more"


hm, not really. The lsat was low. The dean asked her to take the lsat again. A lot of people who apply ED get waitlisted and then asked to retake. I think someone on this fourm said that a dean at UVA asked him/her to take the lsat again (in Dec and score a 170) and then they would be off the waitlist. If you have time you should search it.


oh ok that makes sense for ED people who are waitlisted. i must've missed that this wasn't happening for RD.

User avatar
elliefont
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby elliefont » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:39 pm

avacado111 wrote:also,

99% chance you are in
1% something else

sleep happy :)


:) thanks! I'm RD, if that means anything. I'll update tomorrow so others in this sitch can benefit.

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:42 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:For some people. Others of us have been submitted since September and nothing.

yeah I have been at "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" for more than a month now. I have stopped checking.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby crackberry » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:55 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:
crackberry wrote:My box is filled!

Did you get a name?

Haha I always loved that people on TLS said this, some of them apparently not catching the sexual innuendo.

User avatar
bluejayk
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby bluejayk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Damn, I got a call like 30 minutes after I left my house today, I take my cell phone with me 99% of the time, but this time I didn't. Got an e-mail and a voice mail asking me to give a call to the University. Man, I've been wanting this call for... well, the better part of a decade, honestly, and now I gotta wait at least another 12 hours. Still, it feels good, hope I'm in the 99% for whom a call means good news.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby im_blue » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:31 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
crackberry wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:
avacado111 wrote:i think it may be close to an in than a waitlist with a good ps/why uva.


No, look at LSN from last year nobody with a 169 got accepted with lower than a 3.85 GPA, and this year is even more competitive. I hate to be a downer but based on numbers alone you look like a wait list or reject. Now if you have some WE or softs that we don't know about that could change everything.

Regardless Good Luck, I really do hope you get in.

A couple 168, 3.9 RD out-of-staters have been admitted already this cycle, thus rendering this theory tenuous at best.



How does the fact two people with a 3.9 getting admitted weaken the theory that you need a GPA of at least 3.85 to avoid a wait list with less than a 170? If you have a 3.85 or greater you have a solid chance with a 168 or 169 but below that its a wait list. Look at LSN this year has anyone with below a 170 been admitted with below a 3.85? No. To imply that the odds of anything but a WL is likely, unless there are some softs or WE, is simply giving false hope IMO.


TITCR. I believe no one with both numbers below median got in last year (3.84-/169-), while every 3.85+ or 170+ applicant got in ED.

avacado111
Posts: 419
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:49 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby avacado111 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:53 pm

bluejayk wrote:Damn, I got a call like 30 minutes after I left my house today, I take my cell phone with me 99% of the time, but this time I didn't. Got an e-mail and a voice mail asking me to give a call to the University. Man, I've been wanting this call for... well, the better part of a decade, honestly, and now I gotta wait at least another 12 hours. Still, it feels good, hope I'm in the 99% for whom a call means good news.


goood luck :) your prolly in.

User avatar
bluejayk
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby bluejayk » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:06 am

Got the call, in at UVA. First non-safety acceptance, and my top realistic choice, I think. Great way to start the weekend!

What's the deal with financial aid? Only a couple of people are reporting any on LSN, is that just for named scholarships?

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby toolshed » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:10 am

bluejayk wrote:Got the call, in at UVA. First non-safety acceptance, and my top realistic choice, I think. Great way to start the weekend!

What's the deal with financial aid? Only a couple of people are reporting any on LSN, is that just for named scholarships?


Congrats!

While you were on the phone, he didn't happen to mention that they are sitting on my app because my PS is so special that they want to cherish it just a bit longer, did he?

User avatar
tintin
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby tintin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:30 am

sooo if I had gotten any merit aid, the dean would have told me during my phone call right?
i really don't expect it cuz my #s are fairly low for UVA...oh well.

I'm excited for my admissions packet, I hope it comes in the mail today!

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby oneforship » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:46 am

bluejayk wrote:Got the call, in at UVA. First non-safety acceptance, and my top realistic choice, I think. Great way to start the weekend!

What's the deal with financial aid? Only a couple of people are reporting any on LSN, is that just for named scholarships?



I believe so, yes. I think one of the UVA 1Ls mentioned something about finaid being determined in the Feb-March time period otherwise.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby YCrevolution » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:48 am

..

User avatar
bluejayk
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby bluejayk » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:49 am

oneforship wrote:I believe so, yes. I think one of the UVA 1Ls mentioned something about finaid being determined in the Feb-March time period otherwise.


Good, at least I have hope then. I love the idea of UVa, but not at sticker, I don't think.

User avatar
elliefont
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby elliefont » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:52 am

email from Dean Trujillo asking me to call = acceptance via phone! Nice friendly chat, expecting my admitted letter early next week. Scholarships mentioned as a possibility in the future, but nothing specific now. YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

The Kim Jong illest
Posts: 192
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:01 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby The Kim Jong illest » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:52 am

elliefont wrote:email from Dean Trujillo asking me to call = acceptance via phone! Nice friendly chat, expecting my admitted letter early next week. Scholarships mentioned as a possibility in the future, but nothing specific now. YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!


How long have you been under review?

User avatar
elliefont
Posts: 103
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby elliefont » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:56 am

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
elliefont wrote:email from Dean Trujillo asking me to call = acceptance via phone! Nice friendly chat, expecting my admitted letter early next week. Scholarships mentioned as a possibility in the future, but nothing specific now. YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!


How long have you been under review?


about 3 weeks. they've had the app for about a month. also, resident.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, JazzyMac and 6 guests