UVA 2010, RD

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Kretzy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:36 am

Got an email from Cordel Faulk asking me to call him this morning; he had "wonderful news."

Dean's Scholarship, at least $90,000 (pending any need-based amount).

Floored. Utterly floored. :D

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Unitas » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:37 am

Kretzy wrote:Got an email from Cordel Faulk asking me to call him this morning; he had "wonderful news."

Dean's Scholarship, at least $90,000 (pending any need-based amount).

Floored. Utterly floored. :D


Congrats.... !! You visited, didn't you?

Enough to take you from stanford?

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Kretzy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:38 am

Kakarot wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Got an email from Cordel Faulk asking me to call him this morning; he had "wonderful news."

Dean's Scholarship, at least $90,000 (pending any need-based amount).

Floored. Utterly floored. :D


Congrats.... !! You visited, didn't you?


Thanks! Yes, I actually came during 1st semester finals. Dean Faulk couldn't get me into a class, so he took me out to lunch. It was a wonderful visit.

And I doubt enough to take me from Stanford, but it'll keep UVA in the mix until the end. It's a school where I could see myself thriving (the environment is a great one for my personality).

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby hannah87 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:41 am

congratulations, kretzy!!!

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Unitas » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:44 am

Kretzy wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Got an email from Cordel Faulk asking me to call him this morning; he had "wonderful news."

Dean's Scholarship, at least $90,000 (pending any need-based amount).

Floored. Utterly floored. :D


Congrats.... !! You visited, didn't you?


Thanks! Yes, I actually came during 1st semester finals. Dean Faulk couldn't get me into a class, so he took me out to lunch. It was a wonderful visit.

And I doubt enough to take me from Stanford, but it'll keep UVA in the mix until the end. It's a school where I could see myself thriving (the environment is a great one for my personality).


I have to say you have one of my favorite online personalities. So kudos on the accept and it is a good place, but I doubt it could beat palo alto's atmosphere. I do hope the hold at Harvard works out for you.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Kretzy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:20 pm

Kakarot wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
Kakarot wrote:
Kretzy wrote:Got an email from Cordel Faulk asking me to call him this morning; he had "wonderful news."

Dean's Scholarship, at least $90,000 (pending any need-based amount).

Floored. Utterly floored. :D


Congrats.... !! You visited, didn't you?


Thanks! Yes, I actually came during 1st semester finals. Dean Faulk couldn't get me into a class, so he took me out to lunch. It was a wonderful visit.

And I doubt enough to take me from Stanford, but it'll keep UVA in the mix until the end. It's a school where I could see myself thriving (the environment is a great one for my personality).


I have to say you have one of my favorite online personalities. So kudos on the accept and it is a good place, but I doubt it could beat palo alto's atmosphere. I do hope the hold at Harvard works out for you.


Aw, thanks! :)

I do still think SLS is the place for me, but want to visit. Thanks for the hope about the Hold, but it's honestly fairly moot for me, since I'd take Stanford over HLS.

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:53 pm

UR updated to 2/25. Scary stuff. Could my first denial be coming up???

Also, does the updated UR date mean anything.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby vanwinkle » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:10 pm

Interminable_Waiting wrote:UR updated to 2/25. Scary stuff. Could my first denial be coming up???

Also, does the updated UR date mean anything.

No known rhyme or reason to the UR changes. It doesn't indicate anything except that your file hasn't been lost.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby oneforship » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Interminable_Waiting wrote:UR updated to 2/25. Scary stuff. Could my first denial be coming up???

Also, does the updated UR date mean anything.

No known rhyme or reason to the UR changes. It doesn't indicate anything except that your file hasn't been lost.


Or, perhaps, that it was lost and they just found it. :mrgreen:

musclemilk2
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:28 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby musclemilk2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:54 pm

So I just got word that my Friday has opened up, is anyone in the DC area interested in making the day trip down to Charlottesville to visit/sit in on class/go to the admissions q & a with me? I'll drive! I know its a huge shot in the dark, but I figured I would offer or see if anyone else was going.

User avatar
maxpayne
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby maxpayne » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 pm

Waitlisted. 164/4.0. Might has well been an acceptance. I thought for sure I would be rejected straight off the bat. Win.

musclemilk2
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:28 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby musclemilk2 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:50 pm

In via phone call. ED

Ha. I was going to visit tomorrow anyway!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:01 pm

hannah87 wrote:congratulations, kretzy!!!


+a lot. I'm surprised that they could lure you from SLS, though. :shock:

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Kretzy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:07 pm

CardinalRules wrote:
hannah87 wrote:congratulations, kretzy!!!


+a lot. I'm surprised that they could lure you from SLS, though. :shock:


Haha, thanks both of you. And, it's very doubtful they could, even with such a generous offer.

I wrote a check to SLS about 4 days ago, but haven't sent it. I'm trying to restrain myself before visits.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:16 pm

Kretzy wrote:
I wrote a check to SLS about 4 days ago, but haven't sent it. I'm trying to restrain myself before visits.


Very wise; I have multiple checks made out and will choose which one to send after spring break.

memaha
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:23 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby memaha » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:33 pm

INNNN!!!!! This is the end of my cycle!! Got the call from Dean Faulk about two hours ago, I am still in complete shock.
Didn't think I would get in but figured I still have 5 days to go ED, so I did so this morning... wow.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!

musclemilk2
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:28 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby musclemilk2 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:36 pm

memaha wrote:INNNN!!!!! This is the end of my cycle!! Got the call from Dean Faulk about two hours ago, I am still in complete shock.
Didn't think I would get in but figured I still have 5 days to go ED, so I did so this morning... wow.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!


congrats. great feeling isnt it!

memaha
Posts: 133
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:23 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby memaha » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:38 pm

musclemilk2 wrote:
memaha wrote:INNNN!!!!! This is the end of my cycle!! Got the call from Dean Faulk about two hours ago, I am still in complete shock.
Didn't think I would get in but figured I still have 5 days to go ED, so I did so this morning... wow.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!!


congrats. great feeling isnt it!


Amazing. I've been walking around work incapable of doing anything but grin. See ya in the fall!

Lease19
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Lease19 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Quick question about changing an application from RD to ED...

I know the deadline is March 1st, but does Virginia have to actually physically have a copy of the ED Agreement by then, or could I technically send it to them tomorrow and email them to let them know its coming, and then they would change my application to ED before the deadline? Thanks for the help.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby im_blue » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Lease19 wrote:Quick question about changing an application from RD to ED...

I know the deadline is March 1st, but does Virginia have to actually physically have a copy of the ED Agreement by then, or could I technically send it to them tomorrow and email them to let them know its coming, and then they would change my application to ED before the deadline? Thanks for the help.


They need the physical ED form in hand by March 1. You can fax it in on Monday rather than mailing it. Use the admissions fax number: --LinkRemoved--.

Lease19
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Lease19 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:19 pm

im_blue wrote:
Lease19 wrote:Quick question about changing an application from RD to ED...

I know the deadline is March 1st, but does Virginia have to actually physically have a copy of the ED Agreement by then, or could I technically send it to them tomorrow and email them to let them know its coming, and then they would change my application to ED before the deadline? Thanks for the help.


They need the physical ED form in hand by March 1. You can fax it in on Monday rather than mailing it. Use the admissions fax number: --LinkRemoved--.


Great. Thanks!

GBR37
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby GBR37 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:25 pm

Does anyone have a read on whether they will be admitting from the waitlist this year?

Richard Rorty
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:01 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Richard Rorty » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:59 am

I've been pending review since early December, will I still have to go UR before hearing anything?

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:17 am

Richard Rorty wrote:I've been pending review since early December, will I still have to go UR before hearing anything?


No, you're in the last stage before decision! :D

welkyn
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby welkyn » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:44 am

UR since 2/2-> 2/8->2/16...

it is march now, so I guess I can give up my hope now....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beluckycrimson, Christinabruin, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests