UVA 2010, RD

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Today is February 15.

gwgirl
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby gwgirl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:27 pm

Sorry, I was looking at the wrong dates. It was either last Thursday or Friday. I've been snowed in for far too long.

gwgirl
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby gwgirl » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:29 pm

Also my Duke status checker has been stuck on 1/25 for a while so the 25th was in my head!

GoogleScholar
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby GoogleScholar » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:33 am

I was away from my e-mail all weekend, but I was waitlisted on Thursday.

3.70/172

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby puppleberry finn » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:42 am

chances that UVA has actually lost my application, for real?

User avatar
monkeygirl
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby monkeygirl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:03 am

Hi all,
I was waitlisted last week and withdrew via email this morning. Hopefully, this opens up a spot for someone else--good luck to all who are hanging in there!!

User avatar
hannah87
Posts: 865
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:37 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby hannah87 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:13 pm

OMGOMGOMG IN!!! Just got an email from Jason Dugas to call at 10:45 AM EST. He talked about my PS!

I didn't write a Why UVA or anything. Was not counting on this at all. Have to rething my plans to stay in NY! I'm sure a bunch of acceptances are forthcoming...

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby booboo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:15 pm

hannah87 wrote:OMGOMGOMG IN!!! Just got an email from Jason Dugas to call at 10:45 AM EST. He talked about my PS!

I didn't write a Why UVA or anything. Was not counting on this at all. Have to rething my plans to stay in NY! I'm sure a bunch of acceptances are forthcoming...


Congrats!

:).

User avatar
itsirtou
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby itsirtou » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:23 pm

YES! Also got a call from Jason this morning! I have to keep my UGPA above 3.85 but who cares, I've done that the last three and a half years!!!!

:D

User avatar
Unitas
Posts: 1387
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Unitas » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:24 pm

itsirtou wrote:YES! Also got a call from Jason this morning! I have to keep my UGPA above 3.85 but who cares, I've done that the last three and a half years!!!!

:D


Wow are they protecting that GPA at all costs this year... Me thinks they want to move up in the ranks.

Oh and CONGRATS!! to the new admits.
Last edited by Unitas on Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby oneforship » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:25 pm

itsirtou wrote:YES! Also got a call from Jason this morning! I have to keep my UGPA above 3.85 but who cares, I've done that the last three and a half years!!!!

:D


If it's already above that, just don't update your UG transcript with LSAC.

mrm2083
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby mrm2083 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:29 pm

itsirtou wrote:YES! Also got a call from Jason this morning! I have to keep my UGPA above 3.85 but who cares, I've done that the last three and a half years!!!!

:D


I thought schools don't care once your in, don't you just need good academic standing? Did they say you need to send your transcript to LSAC?

User avatar
itsirtou
Posts: 401
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:05 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby itsirtou » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:30 pm

mrm2083 wrote:
itsirtou wrote:YES! Also got a call from Jason this morning! I have to keep my UGPA above 3.85 but who cares, I've done that the last three and a half years!!!!

:D


I thought schools don't care once your in, don't you just need good academic standing? Did they say you need to send your transcript to LSAC?


.
Last edited by itsirtou on Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Wow, right now I'm really wishing I hadn't left one blank on the LSAT... :(

Congrats though to my would-be number twins!

mrm2083
Posts: 238
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby mrm2083 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:32 pm

lol typical law schools, "you can screw up...just don't tell anyone."

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:37 pm

mrm2083 wrote:lol typical law schools, "you can screw up...just don't tell anyone."

Yeah, I'd probably edit that...

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby 09042014 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:40 pm

itsirtou wrote:
mrm2083 wrote:
itsirtou wrote:YES! Also got a call from Jason this morning! I have to keep my UGPA above 3.85 but who cares, I've done that the last three and a half years!!!!

:D


I thought schools don't care once your in, don't you just need good academic standing? Did they say you need to send your transcript to LSAC?


To be honest, no -- the person I talked to essentially said "well you have to keep your UGPA above a 3.85, but if you do something massive and screw up, just don't send your updated transcript in to LSAC."


LOL at anyone who said UVA wasn't a numbers whore.

Embrace it, they playing the game well.

User avatar
booboo
Posts: 1032
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby booboo » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
itsirtou wrote:
mrm2083 wrote:
itsirtou wrote:YES! Also got a call from Jason this morning! I have to keep my UGPA above 3.85 but who cares, I've done that the last three and a half years!!!!

:D


I thought schools don't care once your in, don't you just need good academic standing? Did they say you need to send your transcript to LSAC?


To be honest, no -- the person I talked to essentially said "well you have to keep your UGPA above a 3.85, but if you do something massive and screw up, just don't send your updated transcript in to LSAC."


LOL at anyone who said UVA wasn't a numbers whore.

Embrace it, they playing the game well.


I thought number manipulation was part of being holistic?

:twisted:

welkyn
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby welkyn » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:03 pm

just noticed I got another update today ... still no call, no email.... this is killing me....

UVA is my top choice.....please let me in...

fingers crossed

User avatar
michstudent10
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby michstudent10 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Jason Dugas is amazing.

IN! He couldn't have been nicer - needless to say I was in a state of shock when I called him.

ahhhh

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:44 pm

michstudent10 wrote:Jason Dugas is amazing.

IN! He couldn't have been nicer - needless to say I was in a state of shock when I called him.

ahhhh


Numbers twin, you are awesome!!!

User avatar
bwana73
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby bwana73 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:45 pm

So I'm probably opening a can of worms here (and I am not trying to offend anyone that has gotten in today... I am really happy for you) but does anyone understand what is going on with this admission cycle? It seems that all they really care about is GPA. Last week they waitlisted dozens of people with LSATs 4-7 points over their median and .1-.3 lower on GPA. Now they are accepting individuals with LSATs 2 points below median and GPAs on the median. Does this make sense to anyone?

edit... this is mostly because I was one of the people that got waitlisted and UVA was my first choice

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:46 pm

bwana73 wrote:So I'm probably opening a can of worms here (and I am not trying to offend anyone that has gotten in today... I am really happy for you) but does anyone understand what is going on with this admission cycle? It seems that all they really care about is GPA. Last week they waitlisted dozens of people with LSATs 4-7 points over their median and .1-.3 lower on GPA. Now they are accepting individuals with LSATs 2 points below median and GPAs on the median. Does this make sense to anyone?

They may have gotten a flood of high-LSAT applicants and found it actually harder this cycle to find and keep 3.85+ applicants than 170+ applicants. They may have also taken more 170+ splitters early in the cycle than they should have, forcing them to compensate now by taking high-GPA kids.

Hard to say for sure, but there's a couple possible theories there.
Last edited by vanwinkle on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oneforship
Posts: 1004
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby oneforship » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:46 pm

bwana73 wrote:So I'm probably opening a can of worms here (and I am not trying to offend anyone that has gotten in today... I am really happy for you) but does anyone understand what is going on with this admission cycle? It seems that all they really care about is GPA. Last week they waitlisted dozens of people with LSATs 4-7 points over their median and .1-.3 lower on GPA. Now they are accepting individuals with LSATs 2 points below median and GPAs on the median. Does this make sense to anyone?


They got all the high LSATs they needed via their ED process?

User avatar
beef wellington
Posts: 882
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:05 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby beef wellington » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:47 pm

.
Last edited by beef wellington on Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ashrice13, bloomsday, genjustice, jjcorvino, joezze, RictusErectus and 9 guests