UVA 2010, RD

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
citydweller09

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby citydweller09 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Waitlisted via email today after being stuck at UR 10/28.

sneakersboy11

Postby sneakersboy11 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:23 pm

waitlisted via email. and this is after acceptances to 4 of the top 5. (also waitlisted at upenn, fwiw)

booboo

Postby booboo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Are you people getting emailed this late to be told you are waitlisted, or did this happen earlier in the day?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:28 pm

sneakersboy11 wrote:waitlisted via email. and this is after acceptances to 4 of the top 5. (also waitlisted at upenn, fwiw)

YP, for both UVA and Penn; it's almost routine for HYS people.

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:50 pm

WLed today via email. I was also 'held' at Penn a couple weeks ago... :roll:

Really my fault for not writing any "Why X?" essays.

holybartender

Postby holybartender » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:52 pm

Would it be worth sending a Why Virginia? essay at this point if you've been "under review" for 4 months?

Olive

Postby Olive » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:01 pm

emrose wrote:WLed today via email. I was also 'held' at Penn a couple weeks ago... :roll:

Really my fault for not writing any "Why X?" essays.

:cry:

Bastards. How dare they WL you. <3 (I really love you though, UVA. Let me in next cycle please...)

mbv

Postby mbv » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:02 pm

I got an email at noon from Jason Dugas (Director of Admissions UVA) asking me to call him to discuss my application. Does this mean what I think (I HOPE) it means?! I called at 1:30pm (4:30pm in Virginia) with no answer. I will call back tomorrow.

P.S. my status checker has not changed, so maybe he really does just want to clarify some points on my application. We'll see...

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:03 pm

mbv wrote:I got an email at noon from Jason Dugas (Director of Admissions UVA) asking me to call him to discuss my application. Does this mean what I think (I HOPE) it means?! I called at 1:30pm (4:30pm in Virginia) with no answer. I will call back tomorrow.

P.S. my status checker has not changed, so maybe he really does just want to clarify some points on my application. We'll see...

Congrats, You have been accepted. Hope to see you in Charlottesville next year. :D

mbv

Postby mbv » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:06 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
mbv wrote:I got an email at noon from Jason Dugas (Director of Admissions UVA) asking me to call him to discuss my application. Does this mean what I think (I HOPE) it means?! I called at 1:30pm (4:30pm in Virginia) with no answer. I will call back tomorrow.

Congrats, You have been accepted. Hope to see you in Charlottesville next year. :D

:D !

I don't know what Virginia looks like at all but I'm currently stretching my imagination and trying to envision myself there!!!

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:10 pm

mbv wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:

:D !

I don't know what Virginia looks like at all but I'm currently stretching my imagination and trying to envision myself there!!!

ITT: some pics of what it looks like when there is 2 feet of snow on the ground. Scroll down to post 10.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=100211

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:28 pm

I've heard that status checkers often don't change until after he gives you the good news. However, I'm sure that it would change eventually if you never returned the call.

thickfreakness

Postby thickfreakness » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:54 pm

I covet your e-mail deeply. I want one. Now.

timelovesahero

Postby timelovesahero » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:41 pm

Got dinged via email today. It really hurts as I'm planning on visiting different law schools in Virginia this weekend and I've already booked a hotel for two nights in charlottesville and it's non-refundable. I guess I will get to see the luray caverns

2013esq

Postby 2013esq » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:48 pm

Waitlisted today via email. Planning on sending LOCI tomorrow. UR since 11/15.

eagles111

Postby eagles111 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:51 pm

status date updated today. no email or call...

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:52 pm

timelovesahero wrote:Got dinged via email today. It really hurts as I'm planning on visiting different law schools in Virginia this weekend and I've already booked a hotel for two nights in charlottesville and it's non-refundable. I guess I will get to see the luray caverns

OMG. That suck. If you were digned... you might as well talk to the dean of admissions to figure out how you can improve your app/let yourself known that you really want to go to UVA.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:54 pm

avacado111 wrote:
timelovesahero wrote:Got dinged via email today. It really hurts as I'm planning on visiting different law schools in Virginia this weekend and I've already booked a hotel for two nights in charlottesville and it's non-refundable. I guess I will get to see the luray caverns

OMG. That suck. If you were digned... you might as well talk to the dean of admissions to figure out how you can improve your app/let yourself known that you really want to go to UVA.

I'd ask vanwinkle about that suggestion and see if he thinks that it's worthwhile.

booboo

Postby booboo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:55 pm

managamy wrote:
avacado111 wrote:

I'd ask vanwinkle about that suggestion and see if he thinks that it's worthwhile.

That was a nice way of putting that managamy.

jawsthegreat

Postby jawsthegreat » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:04 pm

booboo wrote:
managamy wrote:
avacado111 wrote:

With numbers below both medians you are probably screwed.

goodolgil

Postby goodolgil » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:08 pm

Complete since late October, haven't heard a thing. One status update in December is all. 169/3.85

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:14 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
booboo wrote:

With numbers below both medians you are probably screwed.

That was not a nice way of putting that yoda.

timelovesahero

Postby timelovesahero » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:16 pm

booboo wrote:
managamy wrote:
avacado111 wrote:

I am mostly annoyed about the timing of the rejection more than anything else. I kind of figured I would hear bad news but since I was going to be in the region I thought I would stop by. Great school and I would have been thrilled to be accepted but oh well. I'm happy with my options already.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:31 pm

avacado111 wrote:

I spoke to one of the adcomms last week and he mentioned how they have about 4,000 "qualified" people, people they "want to accept", apply every year for 360 seats. They have to reject a lot of people they like. The sad truth is that the only thing you can do to "improve your app" is to boost your numbers, and that numbers are how they tell most of these likeable applicants apart.

To the OP, I'm sorry you got rejected and that it was so untimely, but since they didn't even WL you I think you have to let this one go. I will say that you should at least go visit the downtown mall while you're here and get a slice of Christian's Pizza while you're down there. I wish you luck at your other schools.

avacado111

Postby avacado111 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:34 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
avacado111 wrote:

I spoke to one of the adcomms last week and he mentioned how they have about 4,000 "qualified" people, people they "want to accept", apply every year for 360 seats. They have to reject a lot of people they like. The sad truth is that the only thing you can do to "improve your app" is to boost your numbers, and that numbers are how they tell most of these likeable applicants apart.

To the OP, I'm sorry you got rejected and that it was so untimely, but since they didn't even WL you I think you have to let this one go. I will say that you should at least go visit the downtown mall while you're here and get a slice of Christian's Pizza while you're down there. I wish you luck at your other schools.

Don't they have "transfer lists?" As in, if you really wanted UVA, and they rejected you... since you showed interest in previous years they would favor you? That's what one of my friends told me (current 2L and transfered from GMU to UVA this week). Also, I agree with vanwinkle, you should raise your LSATS :D...

+1 on the christans pizza

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”