UVA 2010, RD

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Is there anything cool in the admissions packet?

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:37 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Kronk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:39 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:No. It's well put together, it has the usual info, but there is nothing of note really.


No lanyards or t-shirts or anything? Bah! ;)

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:43 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:44 pm

I was planning on waiting until I got my new lsat score and hopefully was able to visit to decide to do that. Do you think I'm hurting myself by not doing it yet?[/quote]

I'd wait...if you get a 171, you're probably in ED.

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby astro1819 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:02 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Nope. Duke's had a lanyard but UVA had nothing.


Had a couple handwritten notes from the Deans in the margin of the acceptance letter, though I assume this is pretty standard. Still, a nice package including a copy of the UVA Lawyer alumni magazine.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6383
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby 5ky » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:20 pm

Some of the materials are tucked into a really nice and glossy UVA Law folder, though, the type you'd buy at a bookstore. I thought that was nice, I don't think I've gotten an actual folder from any other school.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:21 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gobucks8284
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby gobucks8284 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:54 pm

So I'll throw my hat into the ring as one of the status checker updates (2/1) who have no idea what it means. Did any of the scholarship people have updated status checkers, or did everyone who got offers get an acceptance with their original status check date?

And to everyone who's thinking about ED'ing, I just want to write a word of caution. I was incredibly close to doing so, but it would have been a huge mistake.

edit: I just realized that may sound a bit different than I intended. I think it's a good idea for some, and bad for others. Just don't make an emotional, fear-based decision. Just my two cents.

User avatar
bwana73
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby bwana73 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Thanks Sauer Grapes... I think I might switch to ED if I haven't heard back by the 12th

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby stratocophic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:29 pm

Does anyone know what a second status update means? I went complete about 2 weeks ago, and the status checker went complete again yesterday.

astro1819
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby astro1819 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:32 pm

barrinmb wrote:Does anyone know what a second status update means? I went complete about 2 weeks ago, and the status checker went complete again yesterday.


I wouldn't read into it too much, I think most people have at least one status update, usually a couple weeks after initially going complete.

User avatar
stratocophic
Posts: 2207
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby stratocophic » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:33 pm

astro1819 wrote:
barrinmb wrote:Does anyone know what a second status update means? I went complete about 2 weeks ago, and the status checker went complete again yesterday.


I wouldn't read into it too much, I think most people have at least one status update, usually a couple weeks after initially going complete.


I thought that might be the case. Back to waiting :roll:

gobucks8284
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby gobucks8284 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:38 pm

In today with 90k. Soooo excited!

I went complete/pending on 12/1 and was updated on 2/1, got the email/phone call today. Good luck to those still waiting!

portena
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby portena » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:48 pm

gobucks8284 wrote:In today with 90k. Soooo excited!

I went complete/pending on 12/1 and was updated on 2/1, got the email/phone call today. Good luck to those still waiting!


Wow, congrats! Just out of curiosity, did you write a Why UVA or include anything in your PS to indicate interest?

gobucks8284
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:26 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby gobucks8284 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:36 pm

I wrote a "Why UVA" and attached it as an addendum. It included the personal reasons I'd like to attend and also mentioned a UVA professor whose writings I like quite a bit (John Jeffries).

portena
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:40 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby portena » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:41 pm

gobucks8284 wrote:I wrote a "Why UVA" and attached it as an addendum. It included the personal reasons I'd like to attend and also mentioned a UVA professor whose writings I like quite a bit (John Jeffries).


Thanks for sharing. For those who have the numbers for $$ (but aren't quite in YP territory), I'm wondering if showing interest increases the chance of getting one of the bigger scholarships. I should probably suck it up and write a Why UVA.

Amelie
Posts: 814
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:19 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Amelie » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:45 pm

portena wrote:
gobucks8284 wrote:I wrote a "Why UVA" and attached it as an addendum. It included the personal reasons I'd like to attend and also mentioned a UVA professor whose writings I like quite a bit (John Jeffries).


Thanks for sharing. For those who have the numbers for $$ (but aren't quite in YP territory), I'm wondering if showing interest increases the chance of getting one of the bigger scholarships. I should probably suck it up and write a Why UVA.


I think you should. I got $$, and I sent in a Why UVA (and have ties to DC, something I've heard they look for).

User avatar
puppleberry finn
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby puppleberry finn » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:47 pm

maggiebre wrote:
portena wrote:
gobucks8284 wrote:I wrote a "Why UVA" and attached it as an addendum. It included the personal reasons I'd like to attend and also mentioned a UVA professor whose writings I like quite a bit (John Jeffries).


Thanks for sharing. For those who have the numbers for $$ (but aren't quite in YP territory), I'm wondering if showing interest increases the chance of getting one of the bigger scholarships. I should probably suck it up and write a Why UVA.


I think you should. I got $$, and I sent in a Why UVA (and have ties to DC, something I've heard they look for).


I sent a why UVA but then never heard.

TigerBeer
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby TigerBeer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:54 pm

You guys think it would be a mistake to not write a Why UVA if you're ED?

User avatar
thickfreakness
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby thickfreakness » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:55 pm

TigerBeer wrote:You guys think it would be a mistake to not write a Why UVA if you're ED?


No. I think an ED agreement is plenty well enough to show your interest in attending if admitted, lol.

TigerBeer
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:00 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby TigerBeer » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:57 pm

thickfreakness wrote:
TigerBeer wrote:You guys think it would be a mistake to not write a Why UVA if you're ED?


No. I think an ED agreement is plenty well enough to show your interest in attending if admitted, lol.


That's what I'm hoping. I submitted last week and haven't heard anything yet, it's making me nervous considering how many ED people got accepted in like 2 or 3 days.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28174
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Kronk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:36 pm

maggiebre wrote:
portena wrote:
gobucks8284 wrote:I wrote a "Why UVA" and attached it as an addendum. It included the personal reasons I'd like to attend and also mentioned a UVA professor whose writings I like quite a bit (John Jeffries).


Thanks for sharing. For those who have the numbers for $$ (but aren't quite in YP territory), I'm wondering if showing interest increases the chance of getting one of the bigger scholarships. I should probably suck it up and write a Why UVA.


I think you should. I got $$, and I sent in a Why UVA (and have ties to DC, something I've heard they look for).


I didn't write a why UVA, am essentially the exact same human as maggiebre (no one has ever seen both of us in the same room at the same time). So I don't know. Obviously can't hurt.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:38 pm

TigerBeer wrote:
thickfreakness wrote:
TigerBeer wrote:You guys think it would be a mistake to not write a Why UVA if you're ED?


No. I think an ED agreement is plenty well enough to show your interest in attending if admitted, lol.


That's what I'm hoping. I submitted last week and haven't heard anything yet, it's making me nervous considering how many ED people got accepted in like 2 or 3 days.


I haven't heard anything yet and I submitted the form last Thursday. People have been rejected and WL in 2 or 3 days as well, I doubt it means much.

johndh
Posts: 97
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:20 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby johndh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:00 pm

It's been three months since I submitted...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cbear2017, Rich Uncle Skeleton, rizzlebizness, staypuff, Why??? and 18 guests