UVA 2010, RD

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby vanwinkle » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:28 am

manchuwok wrote:My UVA application went final December 16th, and as of of January 3rd, my online status is "Congratulations!" A very nice thing to see right before bedtime! :D

My stats for the reference of others still waiting...

LSAT: 171
UGPA: 3.4 (graduated in 2004)
In-state applicant

Good luck to all!


Congratulations! Big benefit to being in-state there.

User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby jawsthegreat » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:29 am

manchuwok wrote:My UVA application went final December 16th, and as of of January 3rd, my online status is "Congratulations!" A very nice thing to see right before bedtime! :D

My stats for the reference of others still waiting...

LSAT: 171
UGPA: 3.4 (graduated in 2004)
In-state applicant

Good luck to all!


Congrats, so are you set on going to UVA?

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby 5ky » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:38 am

manchuwok wrote:My UVA application went final December 16th, and as of of January 3rd, my online status is "Congratulations!" A very nice thing to see right before bedtime! :D

My stats for the reference of others still waiting...

LSAT: 171
UGPA: 3.4 (graduated in 2004)
In-state applicant

Good luck to all!



Were you ED or RD?

User avatar
yours
Posts: 38
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby yours » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:28 am

manchuwok wrote:My UVA application went final December 16th, and as of of January 3rd, my online status is "Congratulations!" A very nice thing to see right before bedtime! :D

My stats for the reference of others still waiting...

LSAT: 171
UGPA: 3.4 (graduated in 2004)
In-state applicant

Good luck to all!

congrats!
i got similar numbers but not sure if they'll accept my in state status. also, waiting on one more lor to come in. (damn lsac holiday.)
going to try to find that virginia voters registration card now!

manchuwok
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby manchuwok » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks for the kind words. To answer a previous question, I was RD and actually very surprised to hear so quickly. It's only been a little more than 2 weeks, and that includes Christmas and New Year's.

Also, I am not set on going to UVA. I applied to six schools and have heard from 2 (in at Richmond, in at UVA) and waiting to hear from 4 others at this point. In the end, I guess it's going to come down to a prestige vs. expense analysis.

I'm going to have to make some tough decisions but, at this moment, I am very happy!

annabell
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby annabell » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:54 am

Are there going to be any decisions this week?

tilghmab
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:25 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby tilghmab » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:45 am

annabell wrote:Are there going to be any decisions this week?


I sure hope so, been "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" since 10/22. :|

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:49 am

tilghmab wrote:
annabell wrote:Are there going to be any decisions this week?


I sure hope so, been "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" since 10/22. :|


+1

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby toolshed » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:51 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
tilghmab wrote:
annabell wrote:Are there going to be any decisions this week?


I sure hope so, been "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" since 10/22. :|


+1


+1. C'mon UVA, start our New Year out right!

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby 5ky » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:52 am

.
Last edited by 5ky on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 28284
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Kronk » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:00 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
tilghmab wrote:
annabell wrote:Are there going to be any decisions this week?


I sure hope so, been "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" since 10/22. :|


+1


No kidding. This is painful. I am considering withdrawing.

User avatar
YCrevolution
Posts: 4714
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:25 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby YCrevolution » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:02 pm

..

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby dakatz » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:02 pm

tilghmab wrote:
annabell wrote:Are there going to be any decisions this week?


I sure hope so, been "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" since 10/22. :|


Same, except 10/23. One less day of painful suffering while I wait for what seems like it will be a WL or rejection. Whatever the decision is, I would hope that nearly 2 and a half months is long enough to make it.

User avatar
MirandaHobbes
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby MirandaHobbes » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:04 pm

i applied over the holidays (fee waiver!) and just got the status checker. happy to join in the wait with you guys.

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Complete today! Pending review!

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby 5ky » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:47 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:Complete today! Pending review!


Have fun waiting for months!

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:48 pm

5ky wrote:
savesthedayajb wrote:Complete today! Pending review!


Have fun waiting for months!


:shock:

User avatar
Dignan
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:52 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Dignan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:00 pm

I submitted my app mid-November, and I'm still waiting. I'm a non-resident. Has any non-Virginian who applied mid November or later been accepted yet? (I'm talking about RD only; I know that many have been accepted ED.)

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:01 pm

Dignan wrote:I submitted my app mid-November, and I'm still waiting. I'm a non-resident. Has any non-Virginian who applied mid November or later been accepted for RD yet?


I'm curious too, being in the same position myself.

User avatar
wadeny
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby wadeny » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:17 pm

managamy wrote:
Dignan wrote:I submitted my app mid-November, and I'm still waiting. I'm a non-resident. Has any non-Virginian who applied mid November or later been accepted for RD yet?


I'm curious too, being in the same position myself.


What are your #s? I was in a similar position last cycle (and knew a couple others as well) and was eventually waitlisted. It's still fairly early to hear back for RD, but if you find yourself not hearing anything for another month, then you might end up on the WL, which is basically a soft reject.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:24 pm

wadeny wrote:
managamy wrote:
Dignan wrote:I submitted my app mid-November, and I'm still waiting. I'm a non-resident. Has any non-Virginian who applied mid November or later been accepted for RD yet?


I'm curious too, being in the same position myself.


What are your #s? I was in a similar position last cycle (and knew a couple others as well) and was eventually waitlisted. It's still fairly early to hear back for RD, but if you find yourself not hearing anything for another month, then you might end up on the WL, which is basically a soft reject.


I'll say it again. Last cycle: Complete 11/10, accepted RD 1/29. No updates in between. It's still early, too early to make any kind of assumptions.

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:25 pm

wadeny wrote:
managamy wrote:
Dignan wrote:I submitted my app mid-November, and I'm still waiting. I'm a non-resident. Has any non-Virginian who applied mid November or later been accepted for RD yet?


I'm curious too, being in the same position myself.


What are your #s? I was in a similar position last cycle (and knew a couple others as well) and was eventually waitlisted. It's still fairly early to hear back for RD, but if you find yourself not hearing anything for another month, then you might end up on the WL, which is basically a soft reject.


You can find my stats on LSN. I might be in YP territory.

User avatar
wadeny
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:52 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby wadeny » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:34 pm

vanwinkle wrote:I'll say it again. Last cycle: Complete 11/10, accepted RD 1/29. No updates in between. It's still early, too early to make any kind of assumptions.


Fair enough. This whole process can obviously vary from applicant to applicant, but February is notorious for WLs and rejections at most schools.

managamy wrote:You can find my stats on LSN. I might be in YP territory.


Wow, if your #s are legit, I don't even know why you're too interested in UVA, besides getting some $$$. If you're really interested in UVA, you might want to think about writing a LOCI soon, otherwise you might be yield protected.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:45 pm

wadeny wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:I'll say it again. Last cycle: Complete 11/10, accepted RD 1/29. No updates in between. It's still early, too early to make any kind of assumptions.


Fair enough. This whole process can obviously vary from applicant to applicant, but February is notorious for WLs and rejections at most schools.


It's nowhere near February yet!

User avatar
CardinalRules
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby CardinalRules » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:46 pm

I was just curious, actually. It's interesting to observe the patterns of different schools.

And, yes, we're still a long way from February. :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Houzy and 9 guests