UVA 2010, RD

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby crackberry » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:55 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:Clearly, a battle between a Stanford Student and an Alabama resident will have some built in biases 8)

Haha that's definitely true.

Also consider this: Ingram played against one Top-40 rush defense. Toby played against five Top-40 rush defenses. That should count for something.

User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby jawsthegreat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:57 pm

crackberry wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:Clearly, a battle between a Stanford Student and an Alabama resident will have some built in biases 8)

Haha that's definitely true.

Also consider this: Ingram played against one Top-40 rush defense. Toby played against five Top-40 rush defenses. That should count for something.


Are you watching ESPN? Cuz Robert Smith just said the same thing. Also, Pac-10 rush defenses are ranked higher because every Pac-10 team is a Passing Team besides Stanford. The SEC is a run first team, with defensive lineman that are more talented than the defensive lineman in the Pac 10.

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby crackberry » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:02 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
crackberry wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:Clearly, a battle between a Stanford Student and an Alabama resident will have some built in biases 8)

Haha that's definitely true.

Also consider this: Ingram played against one Top-40 rush defense. Toby played against five Top-40 rush defenses. That should count for something.


Are you watching ESPN? Cuz Robert Smith just said the same thing. Also, Pac-10 rush defenses are ranked higher because every Pac-10 team is a Passing Team besides Stanford. The SEC is a run first team, with defensive lineman that are more talented than the defensive lineman in the Pac 10.

Haha yes I am watching ESPN (or, rather, it's on in the background) but I did know that before.

Yeah I mean neither of us is going to convince the other of anything. I admit that Ingram is the better pro prospect and the more talented player, but I think Toby deserves the Heisman because I really do think he was the best, most consistent, most valuable player in the country this year.

I think Ingram will win, but I think Toby will finish in a very close second. Unfortunately, no one cares who comes in second.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby vanwinkle » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:03 pm

WTF people, I read through 2-3 pages of new posts since yesterday before I realized I wasn't reading the 09-10 college football thread, I was reading the UVA RD thread.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27894
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Kronk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:04 pm

What do you think of bologna and bananas, though?

User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby jawsthegreat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:06 pm

vanwinkle wrote:WTF people, I read through 2-3 pages of new posts since yesterday before I realized I wasn't reading the 09-10 college football thread, I was reading the UVA RD thread.


Well since UVA has like two people RD so far something has to fill this thread.

User avatar
bluejayk
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby bluejayk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:10 pm

when do scholarship offers come out? That's sorta on topic.

I'm wondering if I have any chance at $, I'm not interested in BIGLAW (too old), so prospective debt will probably be the determining factor for me.

User avatar
Kronk
Posts: 27894
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:18 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Kronk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Most people got them with their acceptances.

User avatar
jawsthegreat
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby jawsthegreat » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:17 pm

bluejayk wrote:when do scholarship offers come out? That's sorta on topic.

I'm wondering if I have any chance at $, I'm not interested in BIGLAW (too old), so prospective debt will probably be the determining factor for me.


The big name scholarships come with acceptances, and the smaller non-name ones are awarded in late March.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

cjonesy108
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby cjonesy108 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:31 pm

My current status date just changed, but not the status itself. does that mean a decision is coming?

Term: Year: 2010
Program Time: Full Time Degree: JD
Current Status: File Complete, Pending Review/Decision
Current Status Date: 12/11/2009

User avatar
bluejayk
Posts: 181
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby bluejayk » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:38 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:The big name scholarships come with acceptances, and the smaller non-name ones are awarded in late March.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.


yeah, I think most of the big ones come out with the acceptance packages. LSN lists about 60 acceptances and only 8 scholarships, all of them in the 25k/yr category. Didn't know we'd have to wait until March for the rest of grant aid to be figured out.. wow, that's awhile.

User avatar
DallasCowboy
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:47 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby DallasCowboy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 am

Here's to a week of acceptances.

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6344
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby 5ky » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:47 am

.
Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby thalassocrat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:48 am

Literally just got off the phone with Cordell Faulk, I'm in. :D Stats in the profile, went complete 10/16 with an update on 12/08.

User avatar
kittenmittons
Posts: 1453
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby kittenmittons » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:49 am

thalassocrat wrote:Literally just got off the phone with Cordell Faulk, I'm in. :D Stats in the profile, went complete 10/16 with an update on 12/08.


Congrats!

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6344
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby 5ky » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 am

.
Last edited by 5ky on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby Kretzy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:12 am

thalassocrat wrote:Literally just got off the phone with Cordell Faulk, I'm in. :D Stats in the profile, went complete 10/16 with an update on 12/08.


Congrats!!!

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby thalassocrat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks. :D Hopefully it was just the first of many for people today.

likeaspark
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:26 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby likeaspark » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:28 am

I'm in too!!! Complete 12/3, just got the call this morning. Can't believe I heard back so quickly! Congrats to all who hear today!

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:29 am

My Current Status date changed on Friday (12/11). I had been sitting at ~ 11/3 before then. I haven't been following this thread too closely since I toyed with the idea of going ED (ultimately decided against it due to those pesky considerations that exist outside the TLS mentality). So is this considered a good thing or absolutely meaningless? 166/3.9

User avatar
thalassocrat
Posts: 488
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby thalassocrat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:42 am

likeaspark wrote:I'm in too!!! Complete 12/3, just got the call this morning. Can't believe I heard back so quickly! Congrats to all who hear today!


Grats!

User avatar
5ky
Posts: 6344
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:10 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby 5ky » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:44 am

.
Last edited by 5ky on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:17 pm

mxc wrote:Hehe, it just seems that way because for the most part, people only post when something has happened. If people posted every time something didn't happen, I bet this thread would look a lot different.


Yeah, it would look a lot more like the first 100 pages of the Cornell thread. :lol:

So the fact that some people got phone calls while others got status updates and no phone calls (me) makes me think I'm getting dinged. Bummer.

User avatar
trc332
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:37 am

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby trc332 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Waiting for Virginia is driving me crazy. I went complete in early September, but haven't heard anything. NYU let me know before them.

likeaspark
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:26 pm

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Postby likeaspark » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 pm

5ky wrote:
likeaspark wrote:I'm in too!!! Complete 12/3, just got the call this morning. Can't believe I heard back so quickly! Congrats to all who hear today!


Congrats!

Are you in-state?


Nope, not in state. Thanks much!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, amberb94, Google [Bot], grandpapy360, Jgats, Leliana, mudiverse, Question12345, Rio123, tinafeyclone, Yahoo [Bot] and 19 guests