UVA 2010, RD Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
avacado111

Bronze

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Post by avacado111 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:29 pm

crackberry wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:can someone confirm my general impression from this thread that your status date changing on the app status check doesn't mean anything?
I — along with many people on this thread — can confirm that.
i can confirm it too (I was accepted yesterday) lol. But a friend of mine applied ed, and I think Dean T called him up to ask him to retake in Oct to increase her lsat to get in.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:30 pm

Omg! I just got the dotted lines around the "Under Review" section of my status checker!!1! Does this mean I'm in? WL?

/LSAT humor

gotmilk?

Bronze

Post by gotmilk? » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:31 pm

avacado111 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:can someone confirm my general impression from this thread that your status date changing on the app status check doesn't mean anything?
i can confirm it too (I was accepted yesterday) lol. But a friend of mine applied ed, and I think Dean T called him up to ask him to retake in Oct to increase her lsat to get in.
that's kinda a ridiculous thing to say to someone... "we want to accept you, but we care about our numbers more"

elliefont

Bronze

Post by elliefont » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:32 pm

avacado111 wrote:
elliefont wrote:
YCrevolution wrote:
Apple Tree wrote:Just got home and saw an email from Jason at UVA wanting me to give him a call...hotmail is blocked at work. I have GOT to get a blackberry so I can check emails at work!

I REALLY hope this is because I'm accepted instead of W/L...My status did not change to "Congratulations" like those who've been accepted...

Oh god, I must go watch some The Office to get my mind out of this...
They don't ask you to call unless they want to tell you you've been admitted.
are you 100% about this?? I want to go to sleep happy... !!!
actually, they may call you if they want you to retake, or to tell you something about your file. This happened to a friend of mine.
ugh... got the email from Dean Trujillo requesting that I call... oh well, guess we'll see in the morning.

avacado111

Bronze

Post by avacado111 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:33 pm

gotmilk? wrote:
avacado111 wrote:
crackberry wrote:
that's kinda a ridiculous thing to say to someone... "we want to accept you, but we care about our numbers more"
hm, not really. The lsat was low. The dean asked her to take the lsat again. A lot of people who apply ED get waitlisted and then asked to retake. I think someone on this fourm said that a dean at UVA asked him/her to take the lsat again (in Dec and score a 170) and then they would be off the waitlist. If you have time you should search it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:33 pm

Helmholtz wrote:Omg! I just got the dotted lines around the "Under Review" section of my status checker!!1! Does this mean I'm in? WL?

/LSAT humor
My box is filled!

avacado111

Bronze

Post by avacado111 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:34 pm

also,

99% chance you are in
1% something else

sleep happy :)

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:34 pm

crackberry wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:Omg! I just got the dotted lines around the "Under Review" section of my status checker!!1! Does this mean I'm in? WL?

/LSAT humor
My box is filled!
Flame!

avacado111

Bronze

Post by avacado111 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:35 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
crackberry wrote:

/LSAT humor
My box is filled!
Flame!
ohhhhhh lsat memories.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gotmilk?

Bronze

Post by gotmilk? » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:35 pm

avacado111 wrote:
gotmilk? wrote:
avacado111 wrote:
crackberry wrote: I — along with many people on this thread — can confirm that.
hm, not really. The lsat was low. The dean asked her to take the lsat again. A lot of people who apply ED get waitlisted and then asked to retake. I think someone on this fourm said that a dean at UVA asked him/her to take the lsat again (in Dec and score a 170) and then they would be off the waitlist. If you have time you should search it.
oh ok that makes sense for ED people who are waitlisted. i must've missed that this wasn't happening for RD.

elliefont

Bronze

Post by elliefont » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:39 pm

avacado111 wrote:also,

99% chance you are in
1% something else

sleep happy :)
:) thanks! I'm RD, if that means anything. I'll update tomorrow so others in this sitch can benefit.

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:42 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote: For some people. Others of us have been submitted since September and nothing.
yeah I have been at "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision" for more than a month now. I have stopped checking.

crackberry

Gold

Post by crackberry » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:55 pm

boo_pragmatism wrote:
crackberry wrote:My box is filled!
Did you get a name?
Haha I always loved that people on TLS said this, some of them apparently not catching the sexual innuendo.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

bluejayk

Bronze

Post by bluejayk » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 pm

Damn, I got a call like 30 minutes after I left my house today, I take my cell phone with me 99% of the time, but this time I didn't. Got an e-mail and a voice mail asking me to give a call to the University. Man, I've been wanting this call for... well, the better part of a decade, honestly, and now I gotta wait at least another 12 hours. Still, it feels good, hope I'm in the 99% for whom a call means good news.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:31 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
crackberry wrote:
jawsthegreat wrote:
avacado111 wrote:i think it may be close to an in than a waitlist with a good ps/why uva.
No, look at LSN from last year nobody with a 169 got accepted with lower than a 3.85 GPA, and this year is even more competitive. I hate to be a downer but based on numbers alone you look like a wait list or reject. Now if you have some WE or softs that we don't know about that could change everything.

Regardless Good Luck, I really do hope you get in.
A couple 168, 3.9 RD out-of-staters have been admitted already this cycle, thus rendering this theory tenuous at best.

How does the fact two people with a 3.9 getting admitted weaken the theory that you need a GPA of at least 3.85 to avoid a wait list with less than a 170? If you have a 3.85 or greater you have a solid chance with a 168 or 169 but below that its a wait list. Look at LSN this year has anyone with below a 170 been admitted with below a 3.85? No. To imply that the odds of anything but a WL is likely, unless there are some softs or WE, is simply giving false hope IMO.
TITCR. I believe no one with both numbers below median got in last year (3.84-/169-), while every 3.85+ or 170+ applicant got in ED.

avacado111

Bronze

Post by avacado111 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:53 pm

bluejayk wrote:Damn, I got a call like 30 minutes after I left my house today, I take my cell phone with me 99% of the time, but this time I didn't. Got an e-mail and a voice mail asking me to give a call to the University. Man, I've been wanting this call for... well, the better part of a decade, honestly, and now I gotta wait at least another 12 hours. Still, it feels good, hope I'm in the 99% for whom a call means good news.
goood luck :) your prolly in.

bluejayk

Bronze

Post by bluejayk » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:06 am

Got the call, in at UVA. First non-safety acceptance, and my top realistic choice, I think. Great way to start the weekend!

What's the deal with financial aid? Only a couple of people are reporting any on LSN, is that just for named scholarships?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:10 am

bluejayk wrote:Got the call, in at UVA. First non-safety acceptance, and my top realistic choice, I think. Great way to start the weekend!

What's the deal with financial aid? Only a couple of people are reporting any on LSN, is that just for named scholarships?
Congrats!

While you were on the phone, he didn't happen to mention that they are sitting on my app because my PS is so special that they want to cherish it just a bit longer, did he?

tintin

Silver

Post by tintin » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:30 am

sooo if I had gotten any merit aid, the dean would have told me during my phone call right?
i really don't expect it cuz my #s are fairly low for UVA...oh well.

I'm excited for my admissions packet, I hope it comes in the mail today!

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:46 am

bluejayk wrote:Got the call, in at UVA. First non-safety acceptance, and my top realistic choice, I think. Great way to start the weekend!

I believe so, yes. I think one of the UVA 1Ls mentioned something about finaid being determined in the Feb-March time period otherwise.

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:48 am

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bluejayk

Bronze

Post by bluejayk » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:49 am

oneforship wrote:I believe so, yes. I think one of the UVA 1Ls mentioned something about finaid being determined in the Feb-March time period otherwise.
Good, at least I have hope then. I love the idea of UVa, but not at sticker, I don't think.

elliefont

Bronze

Post by elliefont » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:52 am

email from Dean Trujillo asking me to call = acceptance via phone! Nice friendly chat, expecting my admitted letter early next week. Scholarships mentioned as a possibility in the future, but nothing specific now. YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!

The Kim Jong illest

Bronze

Post by The Kim Jong illest » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:52 am

elliefont wrote:email from Dean Trujillo asking me to call = acceptance via phone! Nice friendly chat, expecting my admitted letter early next week. Scholarships mentioned as a possibility in the future, but nothing specific now. YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
How long have you been under review?

elliefont

Bronze

Post by elliefont » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:56 am

The Kim Jong illest wrote:
elliefont wrote:email from Dean Trujillo asking me to call = acceptance via phone! Nice friendly chat, expecting my admitted letter early next week. Scholarships mentioned as a possibility in the future, but nothing specific now. YAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
How long have you been under review?
about 3 weeks. they've had the app for about a month. also, resident.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”