UVA 2010, RD Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
astro1819

Bronze

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Post by astro1819 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:50 pm

IN IN IN!!!!!!!! Got the email to call late afternoon today. Complete/UR since 12/4, 168/3.8x, out-of-state, unique WE and softs, regular decision, no Why UVA, though I spoke briefly about UVA "fit" in my PS. SOOOO thrilled, definitely in the top choices along with Duke, Stanford and Berkeley.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting, there is hope, even during heavy waitlist/reject days.

Veritas2010

New

Post by Veritas2010 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:52 pm

astro1819 wrote:IN IN IN!!!!!!!! Got the email to call late afternoon today. Complete/UR since 12/4, 168/3.8x, out-of-state, unique WE and softs, regular decision, no Why UVA, though I spoke briefly about UVA "fit" in my PS. SOOOO thrilled, definitely in the top choices along with Duke, Stanford and Berkeley.

Good luck to everyone who's still waiting, there is hope, even during heavy waitlist/reject days.

Edit: Non-URM, fyi
Congrats astro! and thanks for the upbeat message! :)

astro1819

Bronze

Post by astro1819 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:04 am

Veritas2010 wrote:
astro1819 wrote:IN IN IN!!!!!!!! Got the email to call late afternoon today. Complete/UR since 12/4, 168/3.8x, out-of-state, unique WE and softs, regular decision, no Why UVA, though I spoke briefly about UVA "fit" in my PS. SOOOO thrilled, definitely in the top choices along with Duke, Stanford and Berkeley.

Edit: Non-URM, fyi
Congrats astro! and thanks for the upbeat message! :)
Thanks Veri#2! :wink:

Good luck in your cycle, I wouldn't worry about not hearing back yet, since they are just now getting to the 12/4's. I'm sure your 75+GPA will help you in your quest.

gitls

New

Post by gitls » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:11 am

What if you are a complete 11/6 with no movement at all? What does that mean?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:14 am

gitls wrote:What if you are a complete 11/6 with no movement at all? What does that mean?
It means that you haven't been complete without a single update as long as I have (10/23) :(

Don't bother trying to read into it. The way I see it, they don't see enough to accept us yet, but they also couldn't find enough reasons to reject or WL us at this point. So essentially, its application purgatory.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:17 am

dakatz wrote:
gitls wrote:What if you are a complete 11/6 with no movement at all? What does that mean?
It means that you haven't been complete without a single update as long as I have (10/23) :(

Don't bother trying to read into it. The way I see it, they don't see enough to accept us yet, but they also couldn't find enough reasons to reject or WL us at this point. So essentially, its application purgatory.
I think that Virginia may be the last school from which many of us hear. Their revised ED deadline probably has complicated and elongated the process.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:20 am

Is it possible to send the ED contract in and change an RD application to ED? I've only been complete since 1/5 but I realized that there's no reason I shouldn't apply ED with my auto-reject numbers, and if I somehow got in I would be thrilled to go....

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:21 am

ndirish2010 wrote:Is it possible to send the ED contract in and change an RD application to ED? I've only been complete since 1/5 but I realized that there's no reason I shouldn't apply ED with my auto-reject numbers, and if I somehow got in I would be thrilled to go....
Go for it, they can and will switch you and then get back within 2 weeks.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:26 am

managamy wrote:I think that Virginia may be the last school from which many of us hear. Their revised ED deadline probably has complicated and elongated the process.
You don't belong here. The Yale, Harvard, and Stanford threads are over there. Go that way (and away from here).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:27 am

DallasCowboy wrote:
ndirish2010 wrote:Is it possible to send the ED contract in and change an RD application to ED? I've only been complete since 1/5 but I realized that there's no reason I shouldn't apply ED with my auto-reject numbers, and if I somehow got in I would be thrilled to go....
That is pretty much how I did it and partly why I did it.

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:28 am

vanwinkle wrote: It honestly depends on what they end up needing. If they end up just short of a 171 LSAT median, for example, they'll start looking through 171+ folks on the WL to find someone they want to admit. If they end up just short of keeping their 3.85 GPA, they'll start looking through the high-GPA folks.
Yeah, my GPA is the only thing keeping me in the game at this point. So, all I need is a bunch of 171+ LSAT splitters to ED.

Yep.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:30 am

vanwinkle wrote:
managamy wrote:I think that Virginia may be the last school from which many of us hear. Their revised ED deadline probably has complicated and elongated the process.
You don't belong here. The Yale, Harvard, and Stanford threads are over there. Go that way.
I belong in any thread where I have a responsive audience, and I know that I can count on you to respond. :wink:

You have a great avatar, too.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:31 am

managamy wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
You don't belong here. The Yale, Harvard, and Stanford threads are over there. Go that way.
I belong in any thread where I have a responsive audience, and I know that I can count on you to respond. :wink:

Just as long as everyone here understands that you're not actually going to UVA and you already know that by now.

Here's a hint: When you feel the time comes to announce the decision, tell folks you got WL'd, not accepted. If you claim to get accepted by UVA with your numbers, everyone will know you're a troll, since UVA universally YPs folks with numbers like the ones you claim to have.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:35 am

aznflyingpanda wrote:
DallasCowboy wrote:
That is pretty much how I did it and partly why I did it.
Thanks! Figure there's not much to lose with my 3.66/168, rather hear sooner than later haha. Is it acceptable to fax the form or is it required to mail it?

flyingpanda

Silver

Post by flyingpanda » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:37 am

I'm not sure, but mail seems to be the preferred method. What you should do is email admissions telling them of your intent to do ED, then mail the form.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:43 am

vanwinkle wrote:
managamy wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

Just as long as everyone here understands that you're not actually going to UVA and you already know that by now.

Here's a hint: When you feel the time comes to announce the decision, tell folks you got WL'd, not accepted. If you claim to get accepted by UVA with your numbers, everyone will know you're a troll, since UVA universally YPs folks with numbers like the ones you claim to have.
I know, and I expect to be YP'd (WL'd). Penn should have YP'd me too, according to their reputation, so I'm not sure what happened there. Perhaps the fact that I sent supplemental essays with my application to most of the non-t5 schools made some difference.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:46 am

aznflyingpanda wrote:I'm not sure, but mail seems to be the preferred method. What you should do is email admissions telling them of your intent to do ED, then mail the form.
Thanks, just sent them an email and also asked if they accepted faxes...at least I know I'll get one decision in the next 2 weeks now.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:47 am

vanwinkle wrote:
You don't belong here. The Yale, Harvard, and Stanford threads are over there. Go that way (and away from here).
lol vanwinkle

In other news still complete 11/20

UVA doesn't do UR right? just complete to decision?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:48 am

Oli wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
lol vanwinkle

So it appears. Nice to see you again, BTW.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:50 am

managamy wrote:I know, and I expect to be YP'd (WL'd). Penn should have YP'd me too, according to their reputation, so I'm not sure what happened there. Perhaps the fact that I sent supplemental essays with my application to most of the non-t5 schools made some difference.
For all of you that have not met managamy, he claims to have a 178/4.1 and gotten into all of HYS and yet still comes to these other admission threads to gloat about getting into schools he claims to have no intention of attending. In real life, he is probably crying over his ED rejection at Hofstra and roleplaying a life of success and achievement that he will never actually have.

Or he's just your typical epic douchebag, which means he'll fit in at Stanford just fine. Either way he's not going to UVA.
Last edited by vanwinkle on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:50 am

managamy wrote:
Oli wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
lol vanwinkle

So it appears. Nice to see you again, BTW.
Oh hai managamy. I try to get in where ever you're [strike]trolling[/strike] posting other than YHS (cause I really have no business being there unlike you). BU last night? interesting choice...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 02082010 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:53 am

Ran here.

calicocat

Silver

Post by calicocat » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:53 am

hopefulundergrad wrote:Ran here.
<3 if by some miracle I get into UVA hopeful, we're gonna be bffs

vanwinkle