UVA 2010, RD Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ashleigh

New

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Post by ashleigh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:29 pm

gitls wrote:Is anyone here still just complete as of 11/6 with no change to your status date? I feel like they forgot to reject me and I'll get a rejection letter after I start classes at some other school.
accepted today, out of stater, RD

submitted the first week of september and status had complete since sometime in october (I think) and then 11/06

puppleberry finn

Silver

Post by puppleberry finn » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 pm

ashleigh wrote:
gitls wrote:Is anyone here still just complete as of 11/6 with no change to your status date? I feel like they forgot to reject me and I'll get a rejection letter after I start classes at some other school.

submitted the first week of september and status had complete since sometime in october (I think) and then 11/06
approx. #s?

xcountryjunkie

Bronze

Post by xcountryjunkie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:32 pm

ashleigh wrote:

Congrats! Stats?

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:35 pm

StrawberryRed89 wrote:Just got my rejection email :(
Nooo :(

ashleigh

New

Post by ashleigh » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:38 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:
ashleigh wrote:

Congrats! Stats?
thanks!

3.6/171

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

washingtonian

New

Post by washingtonian » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 pm

I haven't been on top of this thread.... anyone still "Pending Review/Decision 11/5/09"? I feel like they forgot about me!

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:55 pm

washingtonian wrote:I haven't been on top of this thread.... anyone still "Pending Review/Decision 11/5/09"? I feel like they forgot about me!
Since the end of September....I can relate.

triplecats

New

Post by triplecats » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:56 pm

washingtonian wrote:I haven't been on top of this thread.... anyone still "Pending Review/Decision 11/5/09"? I feel like they forgot about me!
Complete 9/9/09, pending review/decision as of 11/9/09. I contacted UVa a few days ago, they said I should send a LOCI if I had any specific reason to be interested in their school over others or anything to add to my file.

Per vanwinkle (I think) earlier in the thread, apparently a lot of decisions last year happened towards the end of January. I would suggest contacting the school or doing SOMETHING to demonstrate your interest if you want to reduce your odds of a waitlist or rejection. While it sounds like some people are getting acceptances now, it's obviously not ideal to be in the waiting-for-2-months boat.

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:59 pm

jayzon wrote:
toolshed wrote:
Since the end of September....I can relate.
Feel lucky; I'd rather be waiting than the outright rejection that was sitting in my inbox.
Sorry man, that sucks.

I'm not as worried about it anymore...I have a few acceptances, so I can breathe easy. Just curious how long UVA and I can remain in a staredown (because I am not switching to ED).

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:04 pm

triplecats wrote:
Complete 9/9/09, pending review/decision as of 11/9/09. I contacted UVa a few days ago, they said I should send a LOCI if I had any specific reason to be interested in their school over others or anything to add to my file.

Per vanwinkle (I think) earlier in the thread, apparently a lot of decisions last year happened towards the end of January. I would suggest contacting the school or doing SOMETHING to demonstrate your interest if you want to reduce your odds of a waitlist or rejection. While it sounds like some people are getting acceptances now, it's obviously not ideal to be in the waiting-for-2-months boat.
Hmm, I would like to send an LOCI before I receive a decision, but I sent a pretty detailed Why UVA statement. You guys think it looks bad to sort or just reiterate most of what the Why UVA statement said? I mean, worst comes to worst, it at least shows that I care enough to get something in to them.

triplecats

New

Post by triplecats » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:20 pm

dakatz wrote:
Hmm, I would like to send an LOCI before I receive a decision, but I sent a pretty detailed Why UVA statement. You guys think it looks bad to sort or just reiterate most of what the Why UVA statement said? I mean, worst comes to worst, it at least shows that I care enough to get something in to them.
I would email UVa admissions if I were you. Jason Dugas told me to email any "specific reasons" I had for considering UVa. If you've already sent those, you might want to email admissions seeing if there is anything else you can do/send. If nothing else, just emailing shows interest.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:21 pm

triplecats wrote:
dakatz wrote:
I would email UVa admissions if I were you. Jason Dugas told me to email any "specific reasons" I had for considering UVa. If you've already sent those, you might want to email admissions seeing if there is anything else you can do/send. If nothing else, just emailing shows interest.
Ok, so just a quick email showing continued interest. Is there anyone specific I should address this email to?

MHutson41

New

Post by MHutson41 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:26 pm

Updated today from "Pending/Under Review - 11/5" to Pending 1/20.

At least a little activity.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

triplecats

New

Post by triplecats » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:29 pm

dakatz wrote:
triplecats wrote:
dakatz wrote:
Ok, so just a quick email showing continued interest. Is there anyone specific I should address this email to?
I'm sending mine to Jason Dugas, the director of admissions.

mh7777

New

Post by mh7777 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:42 pm

MHutson41 wrote:Updated today from "Pending/Under Review - 11/5" to Pending 1/20.

At least a little activity.
Ditto, though my initial review date was early Dec.

aerose

New

Post by aerose » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:01 pm

Application for Admission Denied via email @ 7:49 AM.

Sent 12/1/09. UR 12/15/09.

LSAT 169. GPA: 3.82

Not the end of the world. Just applied because of the fee waiver. Good luck to the rest of you.

thickfreakness

Silver

Post by thickfreakness » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:09 pm

aerose wrote:Application for Admission Denied via email @ 7:49 AM.

Sent 12/1/09. UR 12/15/09.

LSAT 169. GPA: 3.82

Not the end of the world. Just applied because of the fee waiver. Good luck to the rest of you.

Damn, that's tough. Those are great numbers, but I guess since you were slightly under median on both they rejected you. I would've thought a WL or late accept. Good luck on the rest of your cycle.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

washingtonian

New

Post by washingtonian » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:15 pm

wow i just checked my status again and i was also updated to "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision 1/20/2010."

Does this mean it's too late to send in something extra to my app?

StrawberryRed89

Bronze

Post by StrawberryRed89 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:17 pm

xcountryjunkie wrote:
StrawberryRed89 wrote:Just got my rejection email :(
Sorry to hear that! What was your under review/pending decision date?
11/12, I think.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Does UVA send out hold emails, or is it only accept/reject/waitlist?

showNprove

Silver

Post by showNprove » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:18 pm

washingtonian wrote:wow i just checked my status again and i was also updated to "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision 1/20/2010."

No. Just contact Jason Dugas and ask for permission. They'll definitely let you, but it's nice to give them a heads up and show your interest.

Edit: removed the "r"
Last edited by showNprove on Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:17 pm

YCrevolution wrote:
showNprove wrote:
washingtonian wrote:wow i just checked my status again and i was also updated to "File Complete, Pending Review/Decision 1/20/2010."

No. Just contract Jason Dugas and ask for permission. They'll definitely let you, but it's nice to give them a heads up and show your interest.
Freudian slip? :wink:
So now I have to ED contract with the guy just to speak with him?

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:46 pm

triplecats wrote:
This is all getting a little silly. I like UVa. I think it's an excellent school. I applied there because I would seriously consider attending, particularly if scholarship money was offered.

But, no, it's not my absolute first choice. If it were, I would apply ED. Instead, I'll wait for a decision. If I get accepted, then great; I'll consider going there. If I get waitlisted or dinged, then it's not the end of the world; I'll go somewhere else. In the meantime, I am not going to send UVA a letter to tell them how great they are. They've got my application materials. They can accept me if they want.

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:51 pm

Dignan wrote:
triplecats wrote:
This is all getting a little silly. I like UVa. I think it's an excellent school. I applied there because I would seriously consider attending, particularly if scholarship money was offered.

But, no, it's not my absolute first choice. If it were, I would apply ED. Instead, I'll wait for a decision. If I get accepted, then great; I'll consider going there. If I get waitlisted or dinged, then it's not the end of the world; I'll go somewhere else. In the meantime, I am not going to send UVA a letter to tell them how great they are. They've got my application materials. They can accept me if they want.
Dignan? More like In-Dignan-t....

Kidding. I'm in the same boat.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”