UVA 2010, RD Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wadeny

Bronze

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Post by wadeny » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Right, which is why in my first post I said you should be concerned if you haven't heard anything in another month (i.e. February). :roll:

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:17 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
wadeny wrote:
managamy wrote:
Dignan wrote:I submitted my app mid-November, and I'm still waiting. I'm a non-resident. Has any non-Virginian who applied mid November or later been accepted for RD yet?
I'm curious too, being in the same position myself.
What are your #s? I was in a similar position last cycle (and knew a couple others as well) and was eventually waitlisted. It's still fairly early to hear back for RD, but if you find yourself not hearing anything for another month, then you might end up on the WL, which is basically a soft reject.
I'll say it again. Last cycle: Complete 11/10, accepted RD 1/29. No updates in between. It's still early, too early to make any kind of assumptions.
Thanks. And if this information has already been repeated thirty times ITT, I apologize. I'm a newcomer to this thread.

Also, for the record, I am not merely curious about whether I get accepted to UVA. Although my numbers are good enough to get into higher ranked schools, I would seriously consider UVA if offered substantial scholarship money.

Jockin Jay-Z

Bronze

Post by Jockin Jay-Z » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:04 pm

Whoa, UVa processes applications super-quickly. It's complete/pending review like maybe three days after I applied.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:09 pm

Dignan wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:I'll say it again. Last cycle: Complete 11/10, accepted RD 1/29. No updates in between. It's still early, too early to make any kind of assumptions.
Thanks. And if this information has already been repeated thirty times ITT, I apologize. I'm a newcomer to this thread.
Yeah, new people keep showing up, which is why I keep repeating myself. I have a new audience every time. :mrgreen:

ornbarn

New

Post by ornbarn » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:14 pm

App sent today. now the wait begins...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gobucks8284

New

Post by gobucks8284 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:58 am

managamy wrote:
wadeny wrote:
managamy wrote:
Dignan wrote:I submitted my app mid-November, and I'm still waiting. I'm a non-resident. Has any non-Virginian who applied mid November or later been accepted for RD yet?
I'm curious too, being in the same position myself.
What are your #s? I was in a similar position last cycle (and knew a couple others as well) and was eventually waitlisted. It's still fairly early to hear back for RD, but if you find yourself not hearing anything for another month, then you might end up on the WL, which is basically a soft reject.
You can find my stats on LSN. I might be in YP territory.
YP is completely stupid. A friend of mine was 177/4.0 last year. In at Harvard and 100k+ at Chicago, but really liked UVA because of the location. Yield protection; fail. I couldn't believe it. Good luck anyways, and if you're actually interested, you might want to send them a letter.

champagnepopbottles

New

Post by champagnepopbottles » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:02 am

YP is completely stupid. A friend of mine was 177/4.0 last year. In at Harvard and 100k+ at Chicago, but really liked UVA because of the location. Yield protection; fail. I couldn't believe it. Good luck anyways, and if you're actually interested, you might want to send them a letter.[/quote]

I'm sorry but I think your friend is stupid if they'd ever choose UVA over either Harvard or money at Chicago based on "location." You know UVA is in Charlotesville right? Compared to Boston or Chicago? Really?

Vegas_Rebel

Bronze

Post by Vegas_Rebel » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:23 am

champagnepopbottles wrote:I'm sorry but I think your friend is stupid if they'd ever choose UVA over either Harvard or money at Chicago based on "location." You know UVA is in Charlotesville right? Compared to Boston or Chicago? Really?
Maybe the friend wanted to work in Virginia? I'd bet that UVA places better than either of those schools in the immediate area. Without the YP, someone with those numbers would probably expect big money, possibly a fully ride plus stipend. Going to a T10 for free (or close) near where one wants to practice isn't a bad decision. Of course, I'm just speculating, but it's one possible scenario.

In other news, I've been pending review decision for almost two months now. How long does it take to [strike]write a letter[/strike] print out a form letter and mail it? I have visions of Brett Favre reading over my application like in the TV commercial.

annabell

New

Post by annabell » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:33 am

If I'm around their 75%s in both GPA and LSAT, at what point should I submit a "Why UVA" statement if I really really would consider attending over higher ranked schools? I'm not in danger of being yield protected due to my low scores, I'm just worried about being outright WLed or Rejected. I know that decisions will still come out for folks like me for another month...but at what point should I get worried and send in additional information?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:39 am

annabell wrote:If I'm around their 75%s in both GPA and LSAT, at what point should I submit a "Why UVA" statement if I really really would consider attending over higher ranked schools? I'm not in danger of being yield protected due to my low scores, I'm just worried about being outright WLed or Rejected. I know that decisions will still come out for folks like me for another month...but at what point should I get worried and send in additional information?
Wait do you have low scores or are you around their 75%? That post doesnt make sense.

annabell

New

Post by annabell » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:47 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
annabell wrote:If I'm around their 75%s in both GPA and LSAT, at what point should I submit a "Why UVA" statement if I really really would consider attending over higher ranked schools? I'm not in danger of being yield protected due to my low scores, I'm just worried about being outright WLed or Rejected. I know that decisions will still come out for folks like me for another month...but at what point should I get worried and send in additional information?
Wait do you have low scores or are you around their 75%? That post doesnt make sense.
I'm around/above UVA's 75ths, but not a 175+, so if I get WLed or rejected, it would not be yield protect, because my numbers are not "that high." If you look at LSN last year, some 170-173 folks were waitlisted and I doubt those were yield protect because the solid yellow yield protect waitlist line doesn't start until 174. At what point of not hearing from them should I be worried enough to send in an extra recommendation or Why UVA essay if I'm in their target numbers group? They were my top choice school coming in and the only school I haven't heard from that's already released any RD decisions.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:58 am

Complete and ready for review as of today :D Submitted 12/28

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am

status update yesterday 1/4...everyone commence the overanalyzing

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:04 pm

dk8 wrote:status update yesterday 1/4...everyone commence the overanalyzing
Hmmmm, I'm going to go out on a limb and without any evidence of any sort, I'll say you'll probably be looking at a WL/rejection. But to further verify, please everybody restate their latest status update along with their LSAT/GPA numbers and state they are residing in.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:07 pm

ndirish2010 wrote:Complete and ready for review as of today :D Submitted 12/28
3.66/168 (out of state) Long shot, I know

moonshine

New

Post by moonshine » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:15 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
Hmmmm, I'm going to go out on a limb and without any evidence of any sort, I'll say you'll probably be looking at a WL/rejection. But to further verify, please everybody restate their latest status update along with their LSAT/GPA numbers and state they are residing in.
so, i have been under review since the beginning of october with an update on 12/1. i'm assuming the date changes don't mean anything given the amount of time that passed since my last update.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:15 pm

wouldn't suprise me. 3.5 171 in state

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:21 pm

moonshine wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
so, i have been under review since the beginning of october with an update on 12/1. i'm assuming the date changes don't mean anything given the amount of time that passed since my last update.
Hmmmm, I'm going to go ahead and say that you can expect an acceptance any day now.

rockchalk86

Silver

Post by rockchalk86 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:23 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
moonshine wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
Hmmmm, I'm going to go ahead and say that you can expect an acceptance any day now.
Hope you are right... I am in the same situation

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:24 pm

rockchalk86 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
moonshine wrote:
Helmholtz wrote: Hmmmm, I'm going to go out on a limb and without any evidence of any sort, I'll say you'll probably be looking at a WL/rejection. But to further verify, please everybody restate their latest status update along with their LSAT/GPA numbers and state they are residing in.
Hope you are right... I am in the same situation
Hmmmm, for you, it looks like a rejection, but I wouldn't totally rule out a waitlist. The force is not strong with you.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Helmholtz...you know something I don't about the status updates?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:26 pm

I wrote that before I saw his last comment, lol.

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:31 pm

Submitted 1981, under review since 1982, status update in 1996. Hoping to get an update this decade.

rockchalk86

Silver

Post by rockchalk86 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:33 pm

so, i have been under review since the beginning of october with an update on 12/1. i'm assuming the date changes don't mean anything given the amount of time that passed since my last update.[/quote]

Hmmmm, I'm going to go ahead and say that you can expect an acceptance any day now.[/quote]

Hope you are right... I am in the same situation[/quote]

Hmmmm, for you, it looks like a rejection, but I wouldn't totally rule out a waitlist. The force is not strong with you.[/quote]

Thank you for the free reading Astrology major :wink:

jeeli

New

Post by jeeli » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Complete: 1/4
Decision: 1/5 (ACCEPTED!!!)

LSP gave me a 56%, very surprised...

oh, NOT URM

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!