UVA 2010, RD Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
mi-chan17

Bronze

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Post by mi-chan17 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:00 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:Just got the email. Released from the WL. Oh wellz.
+1

creatinganalt

Bronze

Post by creatinganalt » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:41 pm

Just withdrew.

Good luck to anyone still waiting!

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:43 pm

creatinganalt wrote:Just withdrew.

i actually WDd today too. seems like the WL prospects aren't that great though, to hear them tell it they feel comfortable with the # of people committed to them.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:59 pm

IAFG wrote:

i actually WDd today too. seems like the WL prospects aren't that great though, to hear them tell it they feel comfortable with the # of people committed to them.
people that received the e-mail, is that what it said? I haven't received one yet.

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:03 pm

dk8 wrote:
IAFG wrote:

people that received the e-mail, is that what it said? I haven't received one yet.
Here is what the email said:
UVA Law Email wrote:We have received approximately 7,900 nonresident applications and 675 resident applications for the 350 seats in the entering class. This was the most difficult year on record in which to gain admission to Virginia Law.

We have received more tuition deposits than we did on the same day last year. The class is coming in somewhat "heavy" and thus we are releasing a portion of our wait list.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:06 pm

thanks cardinalandgold.

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:07 pm

dk8 wrote:thanks cardinalandgold.
No problem, good luck riding out the WL!

summerschooled

Bronze

Post by summerschooled » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Withdrew this week, putting some scholarship money back into play. Good luck to those of you on the WL.

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:42 pm

Yes, I'm going to wait until mid-July or so. A battle of attrition.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AdamatUCF

Bronze

Post by AdamatUCF » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:36 am

Just got the WL->Reject message.

Thanks for your patience... Regret to inform you... Many seat deposits... Releasing a portion of the waitlist.

:(

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:49 am

AdamatUCF wrote:Just got the WL->Reject message.

Thanks for your patience... Regret to inform you... Many seat deposits... Releasing a portion of the waitlist.

Sorry about that Adam. :(
I do wonder how small their trimmed down version of the WL will be after all of the purging. I means, it sounds as if they may use the WL very little, if at all. Man, is there a good school out there that wasn't over-enrolled? :?

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:57 am

boo jersey shore wrote:Withdrawing after the wait for ANY possible scholly offer. None coming. Do well, you sexy bitches.
Yes, well that Northwestern deal you garnered are some nice arms to fall into. I hear they have some tremendous professors there.
Way to go, and thanks for the WD!

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:59 am

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:01 pm

they probably had a program randomly pick people to release. the people still on it won't be gettin in anyways.

badpixie

Bronze

Post by badpixie » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:45 pm

Same here.

cpunch

New

Post by cpunch » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Just withdrew yesterday after being admitted via ED... toughest decision of my life. No law school this year.

hannah87

Silver

Post by hannah87 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:52 pm

cpunch wrote:Just withdrew yesterday after being admitted via ED... toughest decision of my life. No law school this year.
:cry: what happened?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

beef wellington

Silver

Post by beef wellington » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:26 pm

<--- also dinged from the WL this morning

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:32 pm

beef wellington wrote:<--- also dinged from the WL this morning
Beef! I didn't know you were here on this thread.
Bummer, that sucks indeed. I keep checking the email...

chutzpah

Bronze

Post by chutzpah » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:21 pm

Withdrew from WL today. I was WL -> In to UVA undergrad so it was tough!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:33 pm

boo jersey shore wrote:Withdrawing after the wait for ANY possible scholly offer. None coming. Do well, you sexy bitches.
It sounds like they're actually overenrolled at this point. By withdrawing you did them a favor.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wadeny

Bronze

Post by wadeny » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:34 pm

I really don't get UVA's WL. I didn't apply this cycle, but last year the exact same thing happened when I did apply (i.e. no movement because of a very high yield). From what I could tell, the rumor on TLS this year was that fewer people would be accepted outright in order to make more room for applicants to get in off the WL. I mean, anything can still happen in the summer, but I feel the pain of those still waiting it out after doing so myself until being rejected last August. Good luck to those still waiting, but my advice would be to start finalizing your other law school plans first.

crepesme

New

Post by crepesme » Sat May 01, 2010 12:22 am

wadeny wrote:I really don't get UVA's WL. I didn't apply this cycle, but last year the exact same thing happened when I did apply (i.e. no movement because of a very high yield). From what I could tell, the rumor on TLS this year was that fewer people would be accepted outright in order to make more room for applicants to get in off the WL. I mean, anything can still happen in the summer, but I feel the pain of those still waiting it out after doing so myself until being rejected last August. Good luck to those still waiting, but my advice would be to start finalizing your other law school plans first.
I don't get their WL rejection. If they barely admit anyone from the WL anyway, why bother to release bunchs of ppl day by day?

tommytahoe

Silver

Post by tommytahoe » Sat May 01, 2010 12:27 am

crepesme wrote:
wadeny wrote:I really don't get UVA's WL. I didn't apply this cycle, but last year the exact same thing happened when I did apply (i.e. no movement because of a very high yield). From what I could tell, the rumor on TLS this year was that fewer people would be accepted outright in order to make more room for applicants to get in off the WL. I mean, anything can still happen in the summer, but I feel the pain of those still waiting it out after doing so myself until being rejected last August. Good luck to those still waiting, but my advice would be to start finalizing your other law school plans first.
I don't get their WL rejection. If they barely admit anyone from the WL anyway, why bother to release bunches of ppl day by day?
Good question. It is idiosyncratic. Perhaps it gives everybody a chance to try to wow them beyond what they see in the app.: Feb. LSAT, new job, volunteering, LOCIs with attitude, etc. Then, when the inevitable thinning of the ranks occur they can make somewhat fresh assessments of their prisoners —uh, waitlisted applicants— and decide who stays.
That's just a guess. I have no idea. Maybe also they protect themselves against the possibility of a seriously low yield, in which case having a ton of waitlisters around in April may come in handy ??

crepesme

New

Post by crepesme » Sat May 01, 2010 12:32 am

tommytahoe wrote:
crepesme wrote:
I don't get their WL rejection. If they barely admit anyone from the WL anyway, why bother to release bunches of ppl day by day?
Good question. It is idiosyncratic. Perhaps it gives everybody a chance to try to wow them beyond what they see in the app.: Feb. LSAT, new job, volunteering, LOCIs with attitude, etc. Then, when the inevitable thinning of the ranks occur they can make somewhat fresh assessments of their prisoners —uh, waitlisted applicants— and decide who stays.
That's just a guess. I have no idea. Maybe also they protect themselves against the possibility of a seriously low yield, in which case having a ton of waitlisters around in April may come in handy ??

Yeah, make sense. Somehow I have the feeling that UVA would be the most famous one of T14 for playing this yp game...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”