UVA 2010, RD Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kronk

Diamond

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Post by Kronk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:31 pm

Dignan wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Bah. So annoyed by UVA. Apparently they read like a word of my personal statement per day and one bullet point on my resume per week.
I expect to be admitted tomorrow. The 74th word of my personal statement kicks ass.
Recalcitrance?

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:32 pm

VoidSix wrote:
Dignan wrote:
VoidSix wrote:Bah. So annoyed by UVA. Apparently they read like a word of my personal statement per day and one bullet point on my resume per week.
I expect to be admitted tomorrow. The 74th word of my personal statement kicks ass.
Recalcitrance?
Chestily?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:32 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
VoidSix wrote:
Dignan wrote:
Recalcitrance?
Chestily?
Mitigate?

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:33 pm

0L, where are you going to law school next year?

UFMatt

Bronze

Post by UFMatt » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:33 pm

I'm curious what UVA might be doing with my app. I'm an out of state splitter, and my LSAT doesn't seem to be high enough to warrant admission. Been complete for almost 3 months. Surely they'll start purging applicants soon...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:33 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
VoidSix wrote:
Dignan wrote:
Recalcitrance?
Chestily?
the?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:34 pm

VoidSix wrote:The 74th word of my personal statement kicks ass.
Mine is "one".....

I won't be in for a while.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:35 pm

VoidSix wrote:0L, where are you going to law school next year?
If Stanford accepts me.. then Stanford. Otherwise, I have no idea yet. I want to wait to hear about money until I get really stuck on a school

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:37 pm

UFMatt wrote:I'm [strike]curious[/strike] know exactly what UVA might be doing with my app. I'm [strike]an[/strike] out of state [strike]splitter,[/strike] and [strike]my LSAT doesn't seem to be high enough to warrant admission[/strike] UVA doesn't give a shit what my LSAT score is. Been complete for [strike]almost 3[/strike] over 4 months. Surely they'll [strike]start purging applicants soon...[/strike] keep doing nothing.
FTFM.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

southxii

New

Post by southxii » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:45 pm

im_blue wrote:
southxii wrote:Waitlisted today with 166/3.64 and ED as of last week. Is there a waitlist UVA thread? Ha.
UVA's M.O. is to waitlist VA residents with both numbers below median as a soft rejection, and reject non-residents.
Untrue, as i am a non-resident and should have been rejected. What could this mean to me? They're sending me to the moon?

UFMatt

Bronze

Post by UFMatt » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:54 pm

VoidSix wrote:
UFMatt wrote:I'm [strike]curious[/strike] know exactly what UVA might be doing with my app. I'm [strike]an[/strike] out of state [strike]splitter,[/strike] and [strike]my LSAT doesn't seem to be high enough to warrant admission[/strike] UVA doesn't give a shit what my LSAT score is. Been complete for [strike]almost 3[/strike] over 4 months. Surely they'll [strike]start purging applicants soon...[/strike] keep doing nothing.
FTFM.
:lol: Thanks for that.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:57 pm

southxii wrote:
im_blue wrote:
southxii wrote:Waitlisted today with 166/3.64 and ED as of last week. Is there a waitlist UVA thread? Ha.
UVA's M.O. is to waitlist VA residents with both numbers below median as a soft rejection, and reject non-residents.
Untrue, as i am a non-resident and should have been rejected. What could this mean to me? They're sending me to the moon?
the waitlist is a soft-reject man. i'm on it too.

RhubarbPie

Bronze

Post by RhubarbPie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Rejected today via email. Would've like an acceptance (this is my first ding of the cycle) but not too upset about it, as I was admitted to Michigan today (which I would've chosen over Virginia, if it came down to it)! Good luck to all who are still waiting!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:01 pm

I was rejected today via email. Not a huge deal since it was a reach and not a dream school or anything. I went complete the first week of December and my stats were 164, 3.7, Mex-URM.

southxii

New

Post by southxii » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:04 pm

dk8 wrote:
southxii wrote:
im_blue wrote:
the waitlist is a soft-reject man. i'm on it too.
Righteous. And the waitlist is unranked. So i'll have no clue until May or August.

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:11 pm

southxii wrote: Righteous. And the waitlist is unranked. So i'll have no clue until May or August.
i was on it last year. i had stats that gave me no chance of getting in off of it and theyd idn't tell me till mid august

southxii

New

Post by southxii » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:14 pm

Huh. I wish there was a way to know where one falls on the waitlist.

Virginia was my first choice. Damn.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:18 pm

I'm confused about where I stand. I feel like the rapture happened and somehow I didn't float up or get consumed into the earth. I went complete ED last week with splitter numbers (170s) and I didn't get accepted immediately like most of the ED acceptances but apparently I didn't get consumed in the ding/wl carnage today.

Is there a rule where if they don't send me an email before the end of the 15 days they have to accept me? In that case I'll go hide in the corner and hope for the best.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:24 pm

fathergoose wrote:I'm confused about where I stand. I feel like the rapture happened and somehow I didn't float up or get consumed into the earth. I went complete ED last week with splitter numbers (170s) and I didn't get accepted immediately like most of the ED acceptances but apparently I didn't get consumed in the ding/wl carnage today.

Is there a rule where if they don't send me an email before the end of the 15 days they have to accept me? In that case I'll go hide in the corner and hope for the best.
Give us a more exact LSAT and a gpa range and we can give you a much better idea of whether or not the wait is good or bad.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:31 pm

Well a trolling adcomm wouldn't have a hard time figuring it out. I've also got some really good unique softs and great lors and I've been out of ug for a year working. I fully expected a ding but I would love to go to UVA
Last edited by fathergoose on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 pm

southxii wrote:Huh. I wish there was a way to know where one falls on the waitlist.

It honestly depends on what they end up needing. If they end up just short of a 171 LSAT median, for example, they'll start looking through 171+ folks on the WL to find someone they want to admit. If they end up just short of keeping their 3.85 GPA, they'll start looking through the high-GPA folks. If they make both medians and find they have more freedom to admit unique and interesting candidates whose numbers weren't up to par, they might go grab someone who had a great story and they were hoping they'd get a chance to admit.

There's no way to tell, it depends on how the class shapes up. They're going to build a class that's got a certain LSAT median, a certain GPA median, and is diverse in many different ways (UG major, WE, racial/cultural/socioeconomic background). Who they turn to on the WL will depend on what they end up wanting/needing most to fill out the class.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:37 pm

fathergoose wrote:Well a trolling adcomm wouldn't have a hard time figuring it out but I'm under 3.0 and i have at least the 171 people keep talking about. I've also got some really good unique softs and great lors and I've been out of ug for a year working. I fully expected a ding but I would love to go to UVA
Well if you are a 2.0 171 you are out for sure. But a 2.99 178 you probably are in. So we can't really help you.

southxii

New

Post by southxii » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:52 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
southxii wrote:Huh. I wish there was a way to know where one falls on the waitlist.

It honestly depends on what they end up needing. If they end up just short of a 171 LSAT median, for example, they'll start looking through 171+ folks on the WL to find someone they want to admit. If they end up just short of keeping their 3.85 GPA, they'll start looking through the high-GPA folks. If they make both medians and find they have more freedom to admit unique and interesting candidates whose numbers weren't up to par, they might go grab someone who had a great story and they were hoping they'd get a chance to admit.

There's no way to tell, it depends on how the class shapes up. They're going to build a class that's got a certain LSAT median, a certain GPA median, and is diverse in many different ways (UG major, WE, racial/cultural/socioeconomic background). Who they turn to on the WL will depend on what they end up wanting/needing most to fill out the class.
Yeah, thanks, that's pretty much what i figured as well. I wish i could just say i don't really mind and cut my losses, but i did fall in love with UVA.

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:34 pm

UVA is killing me..............................................................................
Time to go out and forget about law school for a night

Veritas2010

New

Post by Veritas2010 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:05 pm

Current Status: File Complete, Pending Review/Decision
Current Status Date: 12/4/2009

Good? Bad? :?

I'm above their 75% for GPA, a little lower than the 25% for LSAT ... Tons of ECs and URM...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”