UVA 2010, RD Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CardinalRules

Gold

Re: UVA 2010, RD

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:15 am

crackberry wrote:
managamy wrote:
split5 wrote:Someone with your user name saying that absolutely makes my day.
I'm glad, but I don't understand. You can't possibly have guessed the significance of the acronym that I chose, unless you're a tennis fan with major intuition.
He's referencing the fact that your user name "managamy" is very close to the word "monogamy," meaning the act of having only one mate.
Got it! It's ironic since my name is actually a deliberate play on that word, replacing the "mono-" part with an acronym from the names of two women whom I especially love.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:17 am

steakandeggs wrote:monomagy
managamy wrote:Someone with your user name saying that absolutely makes my day.
I'm glad, but I don't understand. You can't possibly have guessed the significance of the acronym that I chose, unless you're a tennis fan with major intuition.
[/quote]

Great avatar!

irishman86

Bronze

Post by irishman86 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:22 am

VoidSix wrote:
irishman86 wrote:
VoidSix wrote: Stanford also has the weather, location (I truly believe there is no better three hour stretch of land than San Jose -> Berkeley and back again), girls, sports, and other things in its favor. In addition, they have a much better LRAP than Harvard (though Yale's COAP can't be beaten).
Really? Most of that location is not that nice. Also, what girls have you been looking at? Northern California girls are nothing compared to much of the rest of the country. But, I guess if you have an Asian fetish, it is heaven for you. There's just not much variety outside of Asian women.
Have you BEEN to New Haven or Cambridge?
The thing is that I am not into Asian nor Mexican women, so I'm pretty out of choices in the Bay Area. I am not into tiny women either. There are really short girls here, think 5'2"/5'3" and less.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:29 am

steakandeggs wrote:You are too kind. Hopefully one day you'll be blessed with a fantastic avatar too.
managamy wrote:
steakandeggs wrote:monomagy
managamy wrote:Someone with your user name saying that absolutely makes my day.
Great avatar!
[/quote]

I think that one's pretty fantastic.

kurama20

Silver

Post by kurama20 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:31 am

VoidSix wrote:
irishman86 wrote:
VoidSix wrote: Stanford also has the weather, location (I truly believe there is no better three hour stretch of land than San Jose -> Berkeley and back again), girls, sports, and other things in its favor. In addition, they have a much better LRAP than Harvard (though Yale's COAP can't be beaten).
Really? Most of that location is not that nice. Also, what girls have you been looking at? Northern California girls are nothing compared to much of the rest of the country. But, I guess if you have an Asian fetish, it is heaven for you. There's just not much variety outside of Asian women.
Have you BEEN to New Haven or Cambridge?
Honestly--I think all three of the schools locations are kind of mediocre--but then again you don't go to HYS for the location.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PoorOrpheus

Bronze

Post by PoorOrpheus » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:45 am

I just checked my status at UVA because it's become habit and of course I don't expect it to change...but my Current Status Date did change from 11/13 to 11/22 (a Sunday?). Thoughts?

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:40 am

PoorOrpheus wrote:I just checked my status at UVA because it's become habit and of course I don't expect it to change...but my Current Status Date did change from 11/13 to 11/22 (a Sunday?). Thoughts?
Judging from other schools, it most likely means that they are looking at your file a second time, or that a different reader is looking at your file. Occasionally, it does mean that they are giving it one final glance before decision, but I wouldn't count on it.

PoorOrpheus

Bronze

Post by PoorOrpheus » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:11 am

^ I guess I'm more intrigued that it changed on a Sunday. Thanks for the response, though.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:15 am

PoorOrpheus wrote:^ I guess I'm more intrigued that it changed on a Sunday. Thanks for the response, though.
It's now Monday in Virginia. Chances are that they programmed it on Friday evening and the change was scheduled to take effect on Monday morning as the next working day.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PoorOrpheus

Bronze

Post by PoorOrpheus » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:21 am

The date change was for yesterday, though... I know it's silly to try to find meaning in this change. :P

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:27 am

PoorOrpheus wrote:The date change was for yesterday, though... I know it's silly to try to find meaning in this change. :P
Three possibilities suggest themselves:

1) Your file was so fascinating that someone gave up his/her Sunday to look at it.
2) Someone went to work in order to avoid going to church.
3) Horror of horrors, someone actually made a typographical error and entered 11/22 instead of 11/23.

:lol: Hoping to provide some late-night entertainment!

PoorOrpheus

Bronze

Post by PoorOrpheus » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:30 am

managamy wrote: :lol: Hoping to provide some late-night entertainment!
8) It's appreciated, fellow night owl.

annabell

New

Post by annabell » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:49 am

For UVA, is "Complete, Pending Review/Decision" the last status check before you get a decision? Or is there an "Under Review" or equivalent step we must go through first?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

oneforship

Silver

Post by oneforship » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:50 am

annabell wrote:For UVA, is "Complete, Pending Review/Decision" the last status check before you get a decision? Or is there an "Under Review" or equivalent step we must go through first?
It will go from "Complete, Pending Review/Decision" right to decision.

jawsthegreat

Silver

Post by jawsthegreat » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:53 am

How long does it normally take to go complete?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:54 am

jawsthegreat wrote:How long does it normally take to go complete?
It was literally less than a day for me.

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:35 am

steakandeggs wrote:Should I be worried that my status (complete, pending review/decision) and date haven't changed since the end of September? Well, I am worried. And I thought my profile really fit well with UVA!! I would love to go there.
There are several of us with decent numbers who applied in Sept and have heard nothing. Join the misery.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

initech

Bronze

Post by initech » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:37 am

My status hasn't changed since 10/1, so you're not alone.

APimpNamedSlickback

Silver

Post by APimpNamedSlickback » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:51 am

do those with unchanged dates have higher numbers than those that have been updated recently? this might shed some light on the hypothesis that a recently changed date unaccompanied by a decision suggests WL/pwnage.

0L Hoping for 1

Silver

Post by 0L Hoping for 1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:55 am

talibkweli wrote:do those with unchanged dates have higher numbers than those that have been updated recently? this might shed some light on the hypothesis that a recently changed date unaccompanied by a decision suggests WL/pwnage.
I hope not. Mine updated to 11/5 and then has stayed there. But I am above 75% on both LSAT and GPA.

TruckerD

Bronze

Post by TruckerD » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:56 am

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
talibkweli wrote:do those with unchanged dates have higher numbers than those that have been updated recently? this might shed some light on the hypothesis that a recently changed date unaccompanied by a decision suggests WL/pwnage.
I hope not. Mine updated to 11/5 and then has stayed there. But I am above 75% on both LSAT and GPA.
Same here :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 am

Above 75% for LSAT, a little above median for GPA--changed as recently as Friday.

Amelie

Silver

Post by Amelie » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:00 pm

TruckerD wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Same for me as well. Maybe since we all have high numbers (and I know that 0L and I both wrote Why UVAs), this could be a good sign?

DallasCowboy

Silver

Post by DallasCowboy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Mine hasn't changed since 10/31. Higher stats.

Kronk

Diamond

Post by Kronk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:25 pm

maggiebre wrote:
TruckerD wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:
Same for me as well. Maybe since we all have high numbers (and I know that 0L and I both wrote Why UVAs), this could be a good sign?
There are no good signs from the dark land of yield protection that is the University of Virginia School of Law.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”