IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DallasCowboy

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby DallasCowboy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:28 pm

Did any other admits get called by a current student today? I thought that was a nice touch. It was a good reminder about the ASW, which I need to make plans for.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:28 pm

catharsis wrote:has anyone started a facebook group yet? as of last night, i officially decided UT will be my home this August!! :D :D

Congrats on your decision! If I remember correctly you had some other really great options.

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:35 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
catharsis wrote:has anyone started a facebook group yet? as of last night, i officially decided UT will be my home this August!! :D :D

Congrats on your decision! If I remember correctly you had some other really great options.

wow that really means a lot Jordyn.. thank you so much for the wishes and taking the time out to post!

i was blessed this cycle and very grateful for the opportunities i was presented with. have you made a decision on where you will be attending?

lightbulb1986

Postby lightbulb1986 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Last edited by lightbulb1986 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:38 pm

catharsis wrote:
JordynAsh wrote:

wow that really means a lot Jordyn.. thank you so much for the wishes and taking the time out to post!

i was blessed this cycle and very grateful for the opportunities i was presented with. have you made a decision on where you will be attending?

Texas for me, too! Made it official last week by signing a lease for an apartment for next year.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:39 pm

lightbulb1986 wrote:
JordynAsh wrote:I'm in too! Saw the packet sticking out of the mailbox when I drove up from class. If it had been a big thing of coupons or an advertisement, I would have probably strangled someone.

your cat kinda looks like yoda

Serious cat like Yoda is wise.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:41 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
catharsis wrote:
JordynAsh wrote:

Texas for me, too! Made it official last week by signing a lease for an apartment for next year.

Dang, if you waited a week I could have convinced you to move into my complex and I would be sitting big on a $200 giftcard. Are you living within bus/bike/walking distance to campus or are going to brave traffic?

I remember commenting on that cat before, as it looks like my cat....was eaten by your cat.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:43 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Dang, if you waited a week I could have convinced you to move into my complex and I would be sitting big on a $200 giftcard. Are you living within bus/bike/walking distance to campus or are going to brave traffic?

I remember commenting on that cat before, as it looks like my cat....was eaten by your cat.

Sorry about your giftcard! I may or may not have GoogleMapped the walking time from my doorstep to the law school.

I did. It's 7 minutes.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:45 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Dang, if you waited a week I could have convinced you to move into my complex and I would be sitting big on a $200 giftcard. Are you living within bus/bike/walking distance to campus or are going to brave traffic?

Sorry about your giftcard! I may or may not have GoogleMapped the walking time from my doorstep to the law school.

I did. It's 7 minutes.

Google does walking directions? Never knew....So did you pick west-campus area? I hate it over there, too many pedestrians and jackasses who don't know how to drive!

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:48 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Google does walking directions? Never knew....So did you pick west-campus area? I hate it over there, too many pedestrians and jackasses who don't know how to drive!

OMG no. After living in west campus for a year of UG, I'll never live there again. Too many freshman frat dudes barfing on my car :(

lightbulb1986

Postby lightbulb1986 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Last edited by lightbulb1986 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:51 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Google does walking directions? Never knew....So did you pick west-campus area? I hate it over there, too many pedestrians and jackasses who don't know how to drive!

OMG no. After living in west campus for a year of UG, I'll never live there again. Too many freshman frat dudes barfing on my car :(

Hah! Didn't know you were UT undergrad, and I just felt that there should be public anouncements on that kind of stuff for people interested in UT Law. Congrats to those accepted and committed; I'll probably be at ASW myself.

EDIT: I'd be down for a house, but I should have got one 3 years ago =X.

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:07 pm

JordynAsh wrote:
catharsis wrote:
JordynAsh wrote:

wow CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! i think you made a very wise choice 8) :wink:

i'll be hopefully looking into housing soon as well.. it'll be an apartment most likely.

scionb4

Postby scionb4 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 pm

Congrats to everybody who got in! I'm jealous, Austin is a truly marvelous town.

Hopefullawstudent

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:20 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:
Hopefullawstudent wrote:EA held over in November. Not denied, yet. Holding out hope!!

~168, ~3.5, out of state. Any chance for me? :(

i sure hope so. i have the same numbers and i was held over in november also :) good luck to you!

Thank you! and good luck to you as well. :)

yournamehere

Postby yournamehere » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:41 pm

congrats to everyone who got in!

double congrats to everyone who made the awesome decision to spend the next 3 years in austin!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:35 pm

Visiting Austin tomorrow/staying downtown. Any suggestions on where to go and what to see. Will be there till Sunday morning

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:01 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Visiting Austin tomorrow/staying downtown. Any suggestions on where to go and what to see. Will be there till Sunday morning

townlake...or "lady bird" lake...still can't get used to calling it that.
soco area
trudy's on 30th street (thursday nights are fun! but get there early) def try a mexican martini!!! (if you drink)
the drag, aka guadalupe street
downtown, of course. 4th & 6th for "entertainment" :)
capitol area
i'll add if i think of more...el mercado, rudy's, baby a's are always good eats!
HAVE FUN! :D

edit: trudy's on 30th...there are several around the area but that's the closest one. :)
Last edited by utcris410 on Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:11 pm

utcris410 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:Visiting Austin tomorrow/staying downtown. Any suggestions on where to go and what to see. Will be there till Sunday morning

soco area
trudy's (thursday nights are fun! but get there early) def try a mexican martini!!! (if you drink)
capitol area
i'll add if i think of more...el mercado, rudy's, baby a's are always good eats!

I will try! Def excited about touring UT friday of course but I am also looking forward to enjoying some culture/night life/decent weather

entrechatsix

Postby entrechatsix » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:16 pm

dear ut,
today is our two month anniversary. my stats aren't that bad, are they? i'd love to hear from you!
<3 entrechat

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:23 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
utcris410 wrote:

soco area
trudy's (thursday nights are fun! but get there early) def try a mexican martini!!! (if you drink)
capitol area

I will try! Def excited about touring UT friday of course but I am also looking forward to enjoying some culture/night life/decent weather

Have fun, but unfortunatly you are missing the good weather lol. The culture and night life is still alive and well however.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:
utcris410 wrote:

soco area
capitol area

Have fun, but unfortunatly you are missing the good weather lol. The culture and night life is still alive and well however.

Can you guys beat 27 degrees/cloudy/light snow/central ohio winters?

If yes-----> I consider it good weather

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:38 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:Can you guys beat 27 degrees/cloudy/light snow/central ohio winters?

If yes-----> I consider it good weather

Oh, I've been living here for too long lol. It was 74 and sunny earlier in the week.

lawstudent119

Postby lawstudent119 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:13 pm

utcris410 wrote:

soco area
capitol area

I went to UT undergrad (from 2002 - 2006) and these are the exact same things I would have suggested!!! Definitely try any/all of these suggestions and you will be happy.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:59 pm

If you've got a rental car, try to make it down to Driftwood and hit up the Salt Lick. Amazing BBQ.

Looks like we might have some interesting weather here tomorrow ... maybe you'll get to know the real Texas. :twisted:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”