IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kehdrms

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby kehdrms » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:29 am

My first decision in this cycle started with a straight-out rejection from Texas..
Really sucks,,

I will make my revenge by not coming to this thread anymore..
How I envy Couture with his Boalt acceptance!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:31 am

kehdrms wrote:My first decision in this cycle started with a straight-out rejection from Texas..
Really sucks,,

Sorry to hear that sort of news. Hopefully, you'll end up somewhere better anyway, like in a class with Couture. :D

hhg

Postby hhg » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:04 am

was reviewing my status checkers & noticed that i also got dinged. oh well... first top twenty response - hopefully it will be the only negative (wishful thinking). gl to everyone else!

31 oct app sent, 4 nov app received, 18 nov complete, 30 nov app denied, 3 dec status checker updated to app denied
168/3.4x

moonmaster3

Postby moonmaster3 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:08 am

kehdrms wrote:My first decision in this cycle started with a straight-out rejection from Texas..
Really sucks,,

If you don't mind me asking...stats? Also when did you submit? I'm 164/3.75 so I'm expecting a reject too.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:01 am

Daico wrote:Just to chime in from section 2: I would like to agree with the laid back claims. Everybody's concerned about doing well--especially now, why the hell am I up?--but it's still a really laid-back (comparatively), supportive, and friendly community. So far I've seen little to nil of the sort of stuff you hear about from other schools.

I don't even think there is a single gunner in our section, Daico. Sure, there are some people who study a lot, and there are a few people who chime up in class more often than others, but there has been no sabotage or condescension that I've seen.

tangential886

Postby tangential886 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:50 am

I also just got rejected. My stats: 173 and 165 LSAT and 3.45 GPA. I'm out of state and I know that hurt me, but I'm really surprised at a flat out rejected. Does this mean I screwed up something with my application or essays? I'm sooooo nervous for the rest of the cycle now as that was my first top-20 response....

doinmybest

Postby doinmybest » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:54 am

tangential886 wrote:I also just got rejected. My stats: 173 and 165 LSAT and 3.45 GPA. I'm out of state and I know that hurt me, but I'm really surprised at a flat out rejected. Does this mean I screwed up something with my application or essays? I'm sooooo nervous for the rest of the cycle now as that was my first top-20 response....

A flat out rejection is odd even with their instate quota. You shouldn't be too upset though, because you'll definitely get some bites from the T14. The only thing I can say is that maybe it was a combination of multiple LSAT scores and your GPA, but even that doesn't seem to merit a flat out rejection... Do you have any felonies?

tangential886

Postby tangential886 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:39 am

I had to write a Character and Fitness Addendum but it was for an alcohol violation, not a felony. LSP had me at admit for UT. I'm totally freaking out about the T14 now.

miami..

Postby miami.. » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:48 am

dinged as well......sigh........3.81 166

0 and 16

Postby 0 and 16 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:26 pm

tangential886 wrote:I also just got rejected. My stats: 173 and 165 LSAT and 3.45 GPA. I'm out of state and I know that hurt me, but I'm really surprised at a flat out rejected. Does this mean I screwed up something with my application or essays? I'm sooooo nervous for the rest of the cycle now as that was my first top-20 response....

Something is wrong.

hhg

Postby hhg » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:36 pm

hhg wrote:was reviewing my status checkers & noticed that i also got dinged. oh well... first top twenty response - hopefully it will be the only negative (wishful thinking). gl to everyone else!

31 oct app sent, 4 nov app received, 18 nov complete, 30 nov app denied, 3 dec status checker updated to app denied
168/3.4x

0 and 16 wrote:

Something is wrong.

yeah. it makes me feel kind of like maybe i did sthg wrong, but seeing that other people as or more qualified than me are getting rejected makes me feel better & more hopeful that the ding is not an indicator for how my other schools will respond.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:16 pm

miami.. wrote:dinged as well......sigh........3.81 166

wow this is ridiculous. I'm very sorry. With that gpa and lsat I figured you'd be in for sure.

miami..

Postby miami.. » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:00 pm

yea me too, lame. hopefully this isnt a trend for me this cycle

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:07 pm

miami.. wrote:yea me too, lame. hopefully this isnt a trend for me this cycle

I doubt it, you have great numbers and you'll get into other great schools this cycle. Are you out of state? That might have been a factor.

miami..

Postby miami.. » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:08 pm

yea, out of state, figure that was the key point. seems like there was a 167 cut off for out of state. ah well, thanks for the boost of confidence :)

hhg

Postby hhg » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:59 pm

miami.. wrote:yea, out of state, figure that was the key point. seems like there was a 167 cut off for out of state. ah well, thanks for the boost of confidence :)

i'm oos & got denied this morning with a 168... 3.4x gpa from a school known for pretty hefty grade deflation.

Foozle

Postby Foozle » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:51 pm

I just got rejected...with a 174/3.62/out of state. I'm confused right now...was my application that bad?

FWIW I got into GULC yesterday, and Texas wasn't a top choice (not without $$ anyway).

hhg wrote:
hhg wrote:was reviewing my status checkers & noticed that i also got dinged. oh well... first top twenty response - hopefully it will be the only negative (wishful thinking). gl to everyone else!

168/3.4x

0 and 16 wrote:

Something is wrong.

yeah. it makes me feel kind of like maybe i did sthg wrong, but seeing that other people as or more qualified than me are getting rejected makes me feel better & more hopeful that the ding is not an indicator for how my other schools will respond.

EDIT: Just read this.
Last edited by Foozle on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

texasgirl22

Postby texasgirl22 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:54 pm

sorry :( i don't think it was your app....texas seems to have a new kind of admissions strategy. weird.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:14 am

Not that I ever had any real hope, but whatever I had is now gone like a marriage to Tiger Woods.

riburn3

Postby riburn3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:27 am

Seems like they are actually reading the applications and not just admitting on pure numbers. (Strange they would actually be doing what they say they do) If you have good numbers and put together a crappy app because you thought you were an auto-admit, it looks like it might come back to bite you in the ass. I'm not saying this has happened to anyone here, but it sure looks like they are going over apps (especially out of state) with a fine toothed comb.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:37 am

riburn3 wrote:Seems like they are actually reading the applications and not just admitting on pure numbers. (Strange they would actually be doing what they say they do) If you have good numbers and put together a crappy app because you thought you were an auto-admit, it looks like it might come back to bite you in the ass. I'm not saying this has happened to anyone here, but it sure looks like they are going over apps (especially out of state) with a fine toothed comb.

So does that mean my app was amazing since they accepted me within 1 business day of completion? I have been under the impression it went more like this: they saw my degree was from UT, glanced at numbers, and then "The Good Ol' Boys" theme from the Dukes of Hazard started playing in their head while they drafted the acceptance letter.

Honestly though I am deeply sorry for those who have been rejected, but know that you will get in somewhere just as good or even better. You can't predict these things over such a short time, but know that no matter where you get in or what happens it will work out and you will have a successful career if you try :D .

gossipgirl

Postby gossipgirl » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:43 am

riburn3 wrote:Seems like they are actually reading the applications and not just admitting on pure numbers. (Strange they would actually be doing what they say they do) If you have good numbers and put together a crappy app because you thought you were an auto-admit, it looks like it might come back to bite you in the ass. I'm not saying this has happened to anyone here, but it sure looks like they are going over apps (especially out of state) with a fine toothed comb.

Or they see an out-of-state person with no connection to Texas with numbers that will get them into a T14 or T10 school. If they choose not to give this person a scholarship, they might as well reject them, as the person is very unlikely to go at sticker to UT.

It would be great if they decided to look over the applications more closely, but I'm not sure that that's what these events mean.

Esc

Postby Esc » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:01 am

gossipgirl wrote:

Or they see an out-of-state person with no connection to Texas with numbers that will get them into a T14 or T10 school. If they choose not to give this person a scholarship, they might as well reject them, as the person is very unlikely to go at sticker to UT.

It would be great if they decided to look over the applications more closely, but I'm not sure that that's what these events mean.

Good point. I hadn't thought of UT YPing before, but I don't see why they wouldn't do so...

ruleser

Postby ruleser » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:03 am

168/3.4x

Sorry to hear that. Hmm... I didn't know they had status checkers. Am just at received, but have very similar numbers so now I know what to expect...

riburn3

Postby riburn3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:05 am

Jericwithers wrote:

So does that mean my app was amazing since they accepted me within 1 business day of completion? I have been under the impression it went more like this: they saw my degree was from UT, glanced at numbers, and then "The Good Ol' Boys" theme from the Dukes of Hazard started playing in their head while they drafted the acceptance letter.

Honestly though I am deeply sorry for those who have been rejected, but know that you will get in somewhere just as good or even better. You can't predict these things over such a short time, but know that no matter where you get in or what happens it will work out and you will have a successful career if you try :D .

I hope that's exactly how it would happen. It would make me like UT even more.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”