princepointe wrote: forza wrote: princepointe wrote:
Ohhhh no. Your one of those self hating longhorns.lol. Kidding. But heres the info for you. http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandrevie ... top-public
. Allow me to rephrase "One of the best and top 3 when it comes to value". Also look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University ... ic_profile
And do you go to school here? If so I would be glad to meet with you and introduce you to my very credible law school friend so you can hear what they have to say for yourself. I'm not sure where your getting your info "The common complaint among the faculty and administration is not that there are gunners, but that its too hard to get people to speak in class.". But I would believe actual students over something written in any brochure or book.
Are you a flame?
(1) No one in their right mind would make the claim that Texas is the "top public university" in the USA. It fluctuates between 15-20th, so it's not even close to the perennial heavy-hitters like UVa, UNC, and UC-Berkeley. Even the links you posted show that Texas is ranked in the teens. Now, if you had previously said that Texas is ranked "among the best values" - a shift you cleverly employed in your most recent posts - your credibility might not be so shot to hell.
(2) Full ride - really? None of the data out there puts you anywhere close to the people who have received full tuition from Texas, despite your URM status. Comparable offers for people with your numbers have been in the 60,000's. And then you say you got full rides practically everywhere else? We're talking Columbia, Boalt, UCLA, Vanderbilt? Military status boost, I guess?
(3) 13 posts.
I'm not trying to be a hater, but based on the bullshit claims you've made coupled with some hard-to-believe numbers, I'm inclined to call you a flame.
1. Ohhhhh nooo. A random person on the internet doesn't believe me. What will I ever do? Please. It amazes me that you take the time to actually "dispute" my advice to someone else when I was clearly stating my opinion and personal situation. Wooops, My bad. Didn't read the disclaimer that said I need a bunch of random website rankings to validate my own personal opinion.
2. Yes really. An African-American male with my numbers. On top of my military record ( in Texas), economic background, and letters of rec at a university with 4.3% Black males. Have you even looked at the ABA-LSAC Official Guide numbers. Just with my numbers alone i'dd get 50%. It's instate tuition. By your logic even if I was in the 60,000's I would still be on full ride since UT is 21k a year.
3. What does that have to do with anything?
Okay yeah, you're definitely a flame.
(1) What are you talking about? This is exactly
what you said, you fool:"The thing with Texas is since the UG school here is the best in the country President Powers is changing campus wide policy for us to eclipse Ivies."
That screams to me and everyone else in this thread, "I'm full of shit and I have no idea what I'm talking about." What you said has nothing
to do with your personal opinion; you were spewing this bullshit as if it were fact. You get called on it and, in true dimwit fashion, you get defensive and start with your passive aggressive nonsense. *Yawn* - seen it all before.
(2) You don't even know UT's tuition? And you're surprised when people don't believe the garbage you're posting here?
In-state tuition at UT Law is almost $28,000/year, a far cry from your arbitrary number. I'd be interested to know if you pulled that one out of the ABA's Official Guide (but I'm sure it was just your ass).
(3) Explanation unnecessary.