IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jgulia45

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby jgulia45 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:29 pm

gitls wrote:Applied on 11/2 and got my status checker email today. Even though I applied on 11/2 (after the ED deadline of 11/1) I still checked the ED box in case they would still consider me. Apparently they did...my status checker says I am ED.

when was your LSDAS report sent?

mrc30

Postby mrc30 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:46 pm

Accepted via phone call from Monica Ingram! I am SO excited about it, Texas is my first choice!

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:49 pm

mrc30 wrote:Accepted via phone call from Monica Ingram! I am SO excited about it, Texas is my first choice!

Congrats

southxii

Postby southxii » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Congrats!

I still have yet to get my admit packet. Is it awesome? Anyone? I just log on to the status checker every other day and stare at that. How sad am i? I'm still checking the status checker AFTER i know the decision?

mrc30

Postby mrc30 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:59 pm

southxii wrote:Congrats!

I still have yet to get my admit packet. Is it awesome? Anyone? I just log on to the status checker every other day and stare at that. How sad am i? I'm still checking the status checker AFTER i know the decision?

Thanks! I logged in to my status checker after I got the call but it hasn't changed. I also listened to the message that she left on my voicemail about five times just to make sure that I really got in. I'm a TX resident so hopefully I'll get the packet tomorrow or Monday.

jgulia45

Postby jgulia45 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:02 pm

mrc30 wrote:

Thanks! I logged in to my status checker after I got the call but it hasn't changed. I also listened to the message that she left on my voicemail about five times just to make sure that I really got in. I'm a TX resident so hopefully I'll get the packet tomorrow or Monday.

what's your stats???

texasgirl22

Postby texasgirl22 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:07 pm

wow congrats mrc30!...i'm dying for an acceptance, i love texas

mrc30

Postby mrc30 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:31 pm

jgulia45 wrote:
mrc30 wrote:

what's your stats???

3.52/170. Like I said I'm a TX resident, but I didn't go do my undergrad in Texas so I don't know if that helped. I was really (pleasantly) surprised by the fast turn around because I just got my status checker on Wednesday.

jocelyne

Postby jocelyne » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:07 pm

how long does it typically from complete to decision?

I just got my status checker =(

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:16 pm

jocelyne wrote:how long does it typically from complete to decision?

I just got my status checker =(

11/12: Complete
11/20: "Application held for review" email

Obviously, it's not a final decision, but it is a decision.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:12 pm

I think about the TLS hopefuls every morning. My walk to the library takes me past the admissions office. It doesn't look as intimidating once you face the professors!

ellewoods12

Postby ellewoods12 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:46 am

me too! i hope yall all get in!

Burberry by Burberry

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:18 am

How soon is too soon to send a LOCI to UT? I just received the "application held for review" email on Friday (11/12). Will it be okay/advisable to email a LOCI over the weekend?

los blancos

Postby los blancos » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:46 am

JazzOne wrote:I think about the TLS hopefuls every morning. My walk to the library takes me past the admissions office. It doesn't look as intimidating once you face the professors!

Jazz, just out of curiosity, how did you get that much scholly $? What kind of stats do you typically need? I'm looking for excuses to make UT among my top choices. :mrgreen:

rmg

Postby rmg » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:51 am

I got my 'hold for additional consideration' e-mail this morning after applying early decision to UT. Anyone have insight as to what that means about my application? The e-mail read:

"Your status as a "hold" should not be viewed as a denial, a deferral, or an invitation to the waitlist. The Law School received approximately 1,500 files for Early Decision, and while the Admissions Committee was able to make final decisions on the majority of the files, there are some, yours included, that we would like to consider with the general applicant pool before we make a final decision."

That second sentence seems to imply being held for consideration is sort of a 'Wait List Light.' ("Don't take anything from this, but we wanted to let you know it was really easy to make a decision about most everyone's applications except for you.") Do you think that is an accurate assessment of what held for consideration means, or I am just paranoid?

I'm grateful I wasn't denied, but still, just curious what this might mean for my chances.

Emma.

Postby Emma. » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:57 am

rmg wrote:
I'm grateful I wasn't denied, but still, just curious what this might mean for my chances.

They outright denied some pretty strong applicants.. Basically all they are telling you is that you are still 'under consideration'. I think you have to look at this as a good thing.

Surely since ED is non-binding at Texas the ED pool is actually some of the very strongest applicants.

Good luck.

hhg

Postby hhg » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:07 am

i applied ed and still haven't heard anything... i just got my status checker a few days ago. any idea when they finished notifying ed applicants last year? are there still very many people waiting to hear that applied ed this year?

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:10 am

boilercat wrote:
JazzOne wrote:I think about the TLS hopefuls every morning. My walk to the library takes me past the admissions office. It doesn't look as intimidating once you face the professors!

Jazz, just out of curiosity, how did you get that much scholly $? What kind of stats do you typically need? I'm looking for excuses to make UT among my top choices. :mrgreen:

I honestly wasn't expecting such a big sholarship. I wasn't even sure I would get in. UT is the only school I applied to, so I threw the works at them. After my "hold" notification, I sent an addendum, and I sent a LOCI at some point too. My numbers don't seem to justify my scholly, but I have strong softs, so I believe UT is serious about evaluating the whole application.

If you need another reason to like UT, I'll give you a testimonial. My professors are fucking awesome; the student body is fun and friendly; and there is no pretentious atmoshpere at UT (it feels like a state good). My classmates are some of the hardest working bunch I've ever met.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:16 am

hhg wrote:i applied ed and still haven't heard anything... i just got my status checker a few days ago. any idea when they finished notifying ed applicants last year? are there still very many people waiting to hear that applied ed this year?

I applied on the last day of ED last year (11/1), and I was held over in mid December.

lateforthesky16

Postby lateforthesky16 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:09 pm

Just received the "application held for regular decision review" email. I'm actually pretty happy with that, as I know getting accepted has been really tough this cycle. Here's my info for those of you keeping track:

168/3.46
Out of state

Applied: 10/30
Status Checker: 11/11
Decision email: 11/21

Best of luck to those still waiting!!

Esc

Postby Esc » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:49 pm

JazzOne wrote:
boilercat wrote:

I honestly wasn't expecting such a big sholarship. I wasn't even sure I would get in. UT is the only school I applied to, so I threw the works at them. After my "hold" notification, I sent an addendum, and I sent a LOCI at some point too. My numbers don't seem to justify my scholly, but I have strong softs, so I believe UT is serious about evaluating the whole application.

If you need another reason to like UT, I'll give you a testimonial. My professors are fucking awesome; the student body is fun and friendly; and there is no pretentious atmoshpere at UT (it feels like a state good). My classmates are some of the hardest working bunch I've ever met.

+1 +1 +1

billyez

Postby billyez » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Just received my status checker e-mail. I applied on 11/4. These folks must be pretty backed up - it says that my application was processed yesterday.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:54 pm

billyez wrote:Just received my status checker e-mail. I applied on 11/4. These folks must be pretty backed up - it says that my application was processed yesterday.

It takes a while for them to process it for a status checker. They have to give you an ID# and to do that it goes through an automated system.

texasgirl22

Postby texasgirl22 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:58 pm

i applied 11/1 and still haven't gotten a status checker...is that normal? that hold email someone got made it sound like they have already evaluated all ed candidates..

billyez

Postby billyez » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:02 pm

Don't worry texasgirl, this Texas guy was just as concerned as you are and applied ED on 11/2 at 12:39 AM. I'm being considered for ED and I got my status checker. I'm sure you will too!

Once again, though, UT is really a pipe dream here. If I wasn't in-state, WE, and URM, I wouldn't bother...but I really hope I get in.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”