IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jsarna1
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby jsarna1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:25 pm

Just deposited. Unless I get into UChicago, it looks like 3 years of sunshine and some good football.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby soonergirl » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:33 pm

jsarna1 wrote:Just deposited. Unless I get into UChicago, it looks like 3 years of sunshine and some good football.


awesome. (I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I took both of those factors into account in deciding where to go.)

User avatar
jsarna1
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby jsarna1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:37 pm

soonergirl wrote:
jsarna1 wrote:Just deposited. Unless I get into UChicago, it looks like 3 years of sunshine and some good football.


awesome. (I'm somewhat embarrassed to admit that I took both of those factors into account in deciding where to go.)


It was a strong point in favor of UT over Vandy that's for sure! I really liked UT when I was down in March, and living in Texas after law school doesn't faze me either, so I'm ready to be a Longhorn. And I'm not too worried about them playing my Irish anytime soon either...

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby soonergirl » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:42 pm

jsarna1 wrote:And I'm not too worried about them playing my Irish anytime soon either...


well, you're ahead of me there! :?

User avatar
jsarna1
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby jsarna1 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:52 pm

I was hoping Bob Stoops was coming to South Bend. I've always liked him.

User avatar
soonergirl
Posts: 311
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby soonergirl » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:59 pm

jsarna1 wrote:I was hoping Bob Stoops was coming to South Bend. I've always liked him.


yeah, well, thingofit was, he had already broken ground on a five million dollar house. And honestly, there's nobody anywhere nearby with the money to buy a place like that. (Toby Keith lives outside of town, but he already has a "how do you like me now" house.) If it weren't for that I wonder if he would have gone. He's clearly at his best when he's returning a tradition to prominence, and you're not going to find a more prestigious job in the business.

btw, this is the "I'm (probably) heading to Texas" thread:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=112468

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:09 am

soonergirl wrote:
jsarna1 wrote:I was hoping Bob Stoops was coming to South Bend. I've always liked him.


yeah, well, thingofit was, he had already broken ground on a five million dollar house. And honestly, there's nobody anywhere nearby with the money to buy a place like that. (Toby Keith lives outside of town, but he already has a "how do you like me now" house.) If it weren't for that I wonder if he would have gone. He's clearly at his best when he's returning a tradition to prominence, and you're not going to find a more prestigious job in the business.

btw, this is the "I'm (probably) heading to Texas" thread:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=112468


Lol, after this Thursday it will be the I (am) heading to Texas thread. Once I either go to the bathroom or get off the pot :D

User avatar
entrechatsix
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby entrechatsix » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:21 am

jsarna1 wrote:Just deposited. Unless I get into UChicago, it looks like 3 years of sunshine and some good football.


congrats on making the decision!

AllBusiness
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:24 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby AllBusiness » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:47 am

Just withdrew. Good luck to everyone else!

gmichaelbluth
Posts: 172
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:35 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby gmichaelbluth » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 am

This is really happening--decision finalized. So excited to be a Longhorn!

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby JazzOne » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:57 am

When is the deposit deadline?

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby de5igual » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:00 am

JazzOne wrote:When is the deposit deadline?


today

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:01 am

Can I borrow someone's Discover card? Texas doesn't take Visa. It would be sad if I was deprived going to law school because of the brand of credit card I used.

de5igual
Posts: 1463
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:52 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby de5igual » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:03 am

Jericwithers wrote:Can I borrow someone's Discover card? Texas doesn't take Visa. It would be sad if I was deprived going to law school because of the brand of credit card I used.


so you're going with UT? or double depositing?

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:05 am

f0bolous wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:Can I borrow someone's Discover card? Texas doesn't take Visa. It would be sad if I was deprived going to law school because of the brand of credit card I used.


so you're going with UT? or double depositing?


Actually, still undecided. Last night while sleeping I decided on Duke, but now I am not so sure that I shouldn't double-dip.

I am thinking the $200 deposit can just go toward my TexasExes membership and then go to Duke, but I am not sure if the $200 deposit is a good gamble to try to get more money out of Duke who said they probably won't get back to me till Monday.

User avatar
existenz
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:06 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby existenz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:18 pm

I withdrew today. Visited Austin last week and enjoyed the class I sat in on (Con Law), but various factors have me leaning elsewhere. The students at the law school seemed pretty happy and chill so you guys should have a great time there.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7119
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby los blancos » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Withdrawn. Hopefully that frees up some money for the rest of you guys. Good luck!

macunaima
Posts: 59
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:55 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby macunaima » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:49 pm

Put down my deposit today. I still haven't heard from most places (Harvard, Chicago, NYU) and am on the waitlist at Duke and Columbia. Unless one of those yields an offer of admission (plus some $), I'll be coming to Austin in the Fall. I'm not much of a football fan, but I'm definitely looking forward to the food, weather and music.

windowshopper
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:41 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby windowshopper » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:28 pm

So I have a stupid question...

What kind of pic did you all submit? Was it formal or informal? I'm really over-thinking this freaking picture! I just don't want to submit a formal photo and find out it was put on my ID or something like that.

User avatar
entrechatsix
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby entrechatsix » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:36 pm

windowshopper wrote:So I have a stupid question...

What kind of pic did you all submit? Was it formal or informal? I'm really over-thinking this freaking picture! I just don't want to submit a formal photo and find out it was put on my ID or something like that.


it's not for your id. i think someone said in another thread it's given to professors to know your face or something?

congrats to all those who put down the deposit today! and good luck to everyone who has decided to head elsewhere!

windowshopper
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:41 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby windowshopper » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:44 pm

entrechatsix wrote:
windowshopper wrote:
it's not for your id. i think someone said in another thread it's given to professors to know your face or something?

congrats to all those who put down the deposit today! and good luck to everyone who has decided to head elsewhere!


Oops. I just saw that this was discussed earlier. Thanks!

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Grizz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:54 pm

Withdrew today, freeing up in-state plus $21k. Texas is great, but I'm going to Vandy. Best of luck to yall.

User avatar
jsarna1
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:14 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby jsarna1 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:11 am

Went the opposite direction of you Rad... withdrew from Vandy today. Best of luck to you.

Esc
Posts: 724
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:09 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Esc » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:44 am

entrechatsix wrote:
windowshopper wrote:So I have a stupid question...

What kind of pic did you all submit? Was it formal or informal? I'm really over-thinking this freaking picture! I just don't want to submit a formal photo and find out it was put on my ID or something like that.


it's not for your id. i think someone said in another thread it's given to professors to know your face or something?

congrats to all those who put down the deposit today! and good luck to everyone who has decided to head elsewhere!


yeah they don't care what the photo is like, as long as it vaguely resembles you.

bmontminy
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:06 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby bmontminy » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:00 pm

out of curiosity, for the law school when do the continuing students apply for scholly's (if they even do formally apply) and when are they awarded?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: christinaxcarrie, espnjman, fortunecookie1, Giro423, Google Adsense [Bot], NavyNuke and 21 guests