IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Pearalegal

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Pearalegal » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:42 pm

entrechatsix wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:I got into Texas!!

Is there only one admitted students weekend?

congrats!!! asw is next friday. but there are optional mini-visits on the 2 and 9 of april. woo hoo!

Thanks!

Haha, they forgot to tell me that I got in, apparently.

stephninick

Postby stephninick » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:57 pm

Still waiting to hear back, In-state 3.45/167. Austin is top choice, barring serious $$$ from BU... Fingers crossed... :|

flagirl

Postby flagirl » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 pm

djgoldbe wrote:
TheVoynichManuscript wrote:
catharsis wrote:has anyone heard anything regarding scholarships today?

I received an email a few hours ago with a big deny on matching the offer I received from Vandy. I started with no money from UT though, if that makes a difference at all.

Ouch I am planning on submitting my vandy $ also...that does not bode well esp since we are number twins. No way am I going to pick UT over Vandy w/ $. You would think they would at least make a competitive offer.

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from them about matching request and do you think it helps to send a letter of intent?

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:23 am

the financial aid representative i spoke to was really nice and you could genuinely tell she wanted to help. when i asked about a timeframe for a response and she told me that they completely understand we're awaiting other schools and we have deadlines approaching. she then told me you typically here within 72 hours after they review it.

as far as a letter of intent i don't think it would hurt at all.

flagirl

Postby flagirl » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:14 am

Is there a facebook group for the class of 2013 yet?

Watto

Postby Watto » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:25 am

flagirl wrote:
djgoldbe wrote:
TheVoynichManuscript wrote:
catharsis wrote:has anyone heard anything regarding scholarships today?

I received an email a few hours ago with a big deny on matching the offer I received from Vandy. I started with no money from UT though, if that makes a difference at all.

Ouch I am planning on submitting my vandy $ also...that does not bode well esp since we are number twins. No way am I going to pick UT over Vandy w/ $. You would think they would at least make a competitive offer.

Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from them about matching request and do you think it helps to send a letter of intent?

I sent my email request in on Monday, received a response yesterday that it was forwarded on to the committee for review. Will update when I hear back.

iShotFirst

Postby iShotFirst » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:54 am

Finally got in!!

BUT... I guess its too late for any scholarship? Does Texas ever award scholarships this late, or maybe after the first seat deposit?

166/175 3.35

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:56 am

iShotFirst wrote:Finally got in!!

BUT... I guess its too late for any scholarship? Does Texas ever award scholarships this late, or maybe after the first seat deposit?

166/175 3.35

You are below the GPA requirement, but I would try to get them to match any other scholarships you might have.

iShotFirst

Postby iShotFirst » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:58 am

Jericwithers wrote:

166/175 3.35

You are below the GPA requirement, but I would try to get them to match any other scholarships you might have.

Thanks for the advice. I havent heard of this GPA requirement, is it published? What is the number?

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:15 pm

iShotFirst wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

166/175 3.35

Thanks for the advice. I havent heard of this GPA requirement, is it published? What is the number?

Check LSN (or a few pages back in this thread), but I think it is 3.6 unless you're an URM.

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:55 am

Watto wrote:I sent my email request in on Monday, received a response yesterday that it was forwarded on to the committee for review. Will update when I hear back.

i haven't heard anything back yet either. good luck to you and keep us updated!!

beef wellington

Postby beef wellington » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:05 pm

My status checker says I was rejected on 3/15. No email or anything. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

rtx10

Postby rtx10 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:13 pm

beef wellington wrote:My status checker says I was rejected on 3/15. No email or anything. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

+1.

Watto

Postby Watto » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:31 pm

catharsis wrote:
Watto wrote:I sent my email request in on Monday, received a response yesterday that it was forwarded on to the committee for review. Will update when I hear back.

i haven't heard anything back yet either. good luck to you and keep us updated!!

Just heard back, denieddddddd. Sent them offers from Mich, Duke, WUSTL, Minn, W&M and W&L. I already had a scholly offer from UT just as an FYI.

djgoldbe

Postby djgoldbe » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:44 pm

Watto wrote:
catharsis wrote:

Just heard back, denieddddddd. Sent them offers from Mich, Duke, WUSTL, Minn, W&M and W&L. I already had a scholly offer from UT just as an FYI.

Has anyone had a successful scholly matching attempt? Whats the point of saying you match when you reject everyone's claim, lol.

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:52 pm

Watto wrote:
catharsis wrote:

sorry to hear Watto but at least you still have that initial offer :( im guessing you heard via email?
Last edited by catharsis on Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catharsis

Postby catharsis » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:54 pm

djgoldbe wrote:
Watto wrote:
catharsis wrote:

Has anyone had a successful scholly matching attempt? Whats the point of saying you match when you reject everyone's claim, lol.

i spoke to someone that was successful so it does happen lol.

entrechatsix

Postby entrechatsix » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:18 pm

i also remember a few success stories from last year's thread (usually like 2k more a year). but it seemed the majority were not.

Watto

Postby Watto » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:24 pm

catharsis wrote:
Watto wrote:
catharsis wrote:

sorry to hear Watto but at least you still have that initial offer :( im guessing you heard via email?

Yep, by email. A little disappointing, but yes, happy to have that initial offer. Pending my visit I think I'm probably going to end up there. Speaking of which, anyone attending April 2 mini visit?

windowshopper

Postby windowshopper » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:15 pm

Quick question:

Does UT give a grant in addition to scholarships? Has anyone received their completed financial aid package? I'm still waiting on mine...

apples

Postby apples » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:21 pm

Watto wrote:
catharsis wrote:

i was denied too. except my initial offer from UT was $0. :(

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:39 pm

windowshopper wrote:Quick question:

Does UT give a grant in addition to scholarships? Has anyone received their completed financial aid package? I'm still waiting on mine...

Not sure. Financial aid decisions are soon though.

Esc

Postby Esc » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Most people, or at least most residents, receive a few grand in grants.

adrib

Postby adrib » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:06 pm

Esc wrote:

woah. like, in addition to what they say in the initial letter? i guess we find that out when we deposit.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:35 pm

adrib wrote:
Esc wrote:

woah. like, in addition to what they say in the initial letter? i guess we find that out when we deposit.

UT sent me an email saying they got my FAFSA and will award finaid later in March/April. Though maybe this is because I am still enrolled at UT.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”