IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fathergoose

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby fathergoose » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:03 pm

JazzOne wrote:
fathergoose wrote:
JazzOne wrote:lol

Hotels accommodations are not hard to find in Austin. I hope no one goes for this.

way to be a prick.

Fuck off

grumpy much?

mcflooter06

Postby mcflooter06 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:03 pm

JazzOne wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:Hey guys!

If anyone is attending the ASD on March 26 and has not yet booked a hotel room, I am putting mine up for grabs. I have a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn North Austin that I will sell to someone for $50. Its a great deal, the rooms for the Hilton are at least $139 a night. We can do a paypal transaction and I will call and have the reservation changed.

I have an interview for a rather large scholarship for another school, and I am required to attend that day, so I have to give up my room. PM me for more details. Thanks guys!

lol

Hotels accommodations are not hard to find in Austin. I hope no one goes for this.

No, they're not, but someone on here suggested I offer... so I did. Its not a big deal if no one wants it, but I thought I would offer, just in case. I don't see any harm. Geez, I don't know why someone has to be rude?

It's rude for me to point out that I think $50 is a rip off for a hotel reservation? I say you're rude for making that offer in the first place. Just cancel the damn reservation.

Hotels are expensive for that weekend, go look for yourself. A lot of students on TLS are staying at the Doubletree, which just went up to $135 and is now FULL. I can't "cancel the damn reservation" because its NON REFUNDABLE. I found ONE hotel that was $50 at an Austin hotel, and it looked awful, and trust me I looked thoroughly. Maybe you know something I don't, because you live in Austin while I'm in Dallas, but you have no need to be rude. Fine if you have another place for other people to go, please provide, and I will eat my damn $75.

And, yes, I was going to call the hotel before I did anything anyway to make sure it was possible. I didn't really expect anyone to take it anyway, but I thought "what the hell?"

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:Hotels are expensive for that weekend, go look for yourself. A lot of students on TLS are staying at the Doubletree, which just went up to $135 and is now FULL. I can't "cancel the damn reservation" because its NON REFUNDABLE. I found ONE hotel that was $50 at an Austin hotel, and it looked awful, and trust me I looked thoroughly. Maybe you know something I don't, because you live in Austin while I'm in Dallas, but you have no need to be rude. Fine if you have another place for other people to go, please provide, and I will eat my damn $75.

And, yes, I was going to call the hotel before I did anything anyway to make sure it was possible. I didn't really expect anyone to take it anyway, but I thought "what the hell?"

OK, fair enough. I just can't imagine paying for a reservation. I've never had a problem finding lodging in Austin, but I'm not picky about staying close to downtown. If someone wants to pay you, that's his business. It just sounded to me like you were trying to get someone to pay you for something he could get for free. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:10 pm

JazzOne wrote:
mcflooter06 wrote:Hotels are expensive for that weekend, go look for yourself. A lot of students on TLS are staying at the Doubletree, which just went up to $135 and is now FULL. I can't "cancel the damn reservation" because its NON REFUNDABLE. I found ONE hotel that was $50 at an Austin hotel, and it looked awful, and trust me I looked thoroughly. Maybe you know something I don't, because you live in Austin while I'm in Dallas, but you have no need to be rude. Fine if you have another place for other people to go, please provide, and I will eat my damn $75.

OK, fair enough. I just can't imagine paying for a reservation. I've never had a problem finding lodging in Austin, but I'm not picky about staying close to downtown. If someone wants to pay you, that's his business. It just sounded to me like you were trying to get someone to pay you for something he could get for free. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Its not for a reservation, its for the room. They show up and the room is already paid for.

mcflooter06

Postby mcflooter06 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:11 pm

JazzOne wrote:

No, I paid more for it, but since I have to get rid of it, I thought I might as well try. I thought lodging was cheaper in Austin, because when I used to drive down there I paid like $35 a night, but evidently times have changed. No hard feelings.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

Its not for a reservation, its for the room. They show up and the room is already paid for.

Yes, that was my misunderstanding. I thought she was selling an unpaid reservation. That's why I thought it was so ridiculous. My apologies.
Last edited by JazzOne on Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Texas Law Review welcome reception email, anyone else?

evergirl23

Postby evergirl23 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Texas Law Review welcome reception email, anyone else?

+1 - getting really bummed that I can't make the ASD.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:20 pm

evergirl23 wrote:

Same here, so many ASDs going on that weekend. I felt special that I was invited, but if I can't go the feeling is gone.

Also, did anyone else get the UT@UT ASD program guide? Business casual? Are you kidding me? I have to wear a tie? Lame.

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:24 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:

Same here, so many ASDs going on that weekend. I felt special that I was invited, but if I can't go the feeling is gone.

Also, did anyone else get the UT@UT ASD program guide? Business casual? Are you kidding me? I have to wear a tie? Lame.

Both emails yeah

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:28 pm

kittenmittons wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:

Both emails yeah

Are you going to UT@UT? I'm torn about it. Spring break 1 day earlier, or free lunch but I have to wear a tie.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:

Didn't get the TLR email.. hmm. And yeah, business casual for UT@UT is pretty ridiculous, I mean who are we trying to impress, ourselves?

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Wow Jordyn that avatar is the best. Plus 10 million.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Wow Jordyn that avatar is the best. Plus 10 million.

Haha thx

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Jericwithers wrote:Are you going to UT@UT? I'm torn about it. Spring break 1 day earlier, or free lunch but I have to wear a tie.

Yeah, I don't have a Spring Break, so I'll be there. Besides, I stay fly y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y, bro

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:32 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:

I'm pretty sure business casual doesn't have to include a tie. I think relatively nice slacks and a button would suffice

amandap

Postby amandap » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:33 pm

What is UT@UT? Is everyone supposed to dress up for the regular admitted students day events? That includes a tour and stuff, why would we need to dress up?

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:33 pm

Last edited by JordynAsh on Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:34 pm

fathergoose wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:

I'm pretty sure business casual doesn't have to include a tie. I think relatively nice slacks and a button would suffice

If I ran into one of my business professors they would fail me for thinking business casual doesn't include a tie. So if you are looking for me at the ASD, I'll be the only person in a tie lol.

UT@UT is the ASD for people who went to UT for UG.

And yes the TLR reception is only for some people. I wish I could give someone my invitation :(

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Jericwithers wrote:And yes the TLR reception is only for some people. I wish I could give someone my invitation :(

Haha and I wish UT hadn't decided I'm not a likely TLR candidate based on my numbers. But I guess they have a budget and can only afford so many hors d'oeuvres.

entrechatsix

Postby entrechatsix » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:45 pm

i got the tlr reception invite. so if the ut @ ut day is business casual, i guess the regular asd will be as well... kind of a bummer.

M_F_F_L

Postby M_F_F_L » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:00 pm

amandap wrote:What is UT@UT? Is everyone supposed to dress up for the regular admitted students day events? That includes a tour and stuff, why would we need to dress up?

+1

Esc

Postby Esc » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:16 pm

last year most guys were wearing a button-down shirt, top button undone, no tie. You wouldn't be overdressed if you did choose to wear a tie, but you should definitely leave the suit jacket at home.

apples

Postby apples » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:28 pm

has anyone tried negotiating merit aid through the matching scholarships program yet?

UTaylor526

Postby UTaylor526 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:43 pm

apples wrote:has anyone tried negotiating merit aid through the matching scholarships program yet?

Just sent mine in, but am not expecting much. I was honestly shocked to even get in.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”