IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Stephanie13

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:30 pm

Rejected today by status checker :(

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:Rejected today by status checker :(

:cry: !

Sauer Grapes

Postby Sauer Grapes » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:33 pm

Sorry to hear. You made me run and check my status... still unchanged.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:45 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:

I am beyond bummed. This was my top choice by a long shot but I guess this will force me to finally start looking at the other schools I've gotten into. Thanks for the sympathy sad face!

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:50 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
chicoalto0649 wrote:

I am beyond bummed. This was my top choice by a long shot but I guess this will force me to finally start looking at the other schools I've gotten into. Thanks for the sympathy sad face!

adrib

Postby adrib » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:52 pm

oh, stephanie! this is lame to the 20th power. so sorry :( good thing you already have a ton of awesome admissions!!

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:00 pm

adrib wrote:

oh, stephanie! this is lame to the 20th power. so sorry :( good thing you already have a ton of awesome admissions!!

Thanks Adrib for your support! I know I'll still be going to a great school this fall regardless. I'll get over this soon :|

lawstudent119

Postby lawstudent119 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
adrib wrote:

Thanks Adrib for your support! I know I'll still be going to a great school this fall regardless. I'll get over this soon :|

+1 (on exactly everything you said above!) :(

terpette

Postby terpette » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:00 pm

still no word...complete as of 12/8...bad sign?

lawstudent119

Postby lawstudent119 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:49 pm

terpette wrote:still no word...complete as of 12/8...bad sign?

I don't think anything is a sign anymore. I was complete since 11/5 and just found out today that I was rejected. But people have been accepted with the same time frame and even longer.

lt0826

Postby lt0826 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:11 am

For those wondering about money, I called to inquire if I was being considered for merit aid. It turns out my GPA is just shy of the minimum (sounds like for this year 3.6 is the min GPA and it isn't based on rounding) but I can try to get merit aid through the scholarship matching program. So not the most splitter friendly scholarship program :-(. I am hoping I can get merit aid from the scholarship matching, otherwise I may have to opt for another school.

M_F_F_L

Postby M_F_F_L » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:52 am

lt0826 wrote:For those wondering about money, I called to inquire if I was being considered for merit aid. It turns out my GPA is just shy of the minimum (sounds like for this year 3.6 is the min GPA and it isn't based on rounding) but I can try to get merit aid through the scholarship matching program. So not the most splitter friendly scholarship program :-(. I am hoping I can get merit aid from the scholarship matching, otherwise I may have to opt for another school.

Is there an LSAT requirement for merit aid as well? I easily meet the GPA requirement, but my LSAT is a little on the low end.

lt0826

Postby lt0826 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:06 am

M_F_F_L wrote:
lt0826 wrote:For those wondering about money, I called to inquire if I was being considered for merit aid. It turns out my GPA is just shy of the minimum (sounds like for this year 3.6 is the min GPA and it isn't based on rounding) but I can try to get merit aid through the scholarship matching program. So not the most splitter friendly scholarship program :-(. I am hoping I can get merit aid from the scholarship matching, otherwise I may have to opt for another school.

Is there an LSAT requirement for merit aid as well? I easily meet the GPA requirement, but my LSAT is a little on the low end.

I don't know. Sorry. She only mentioned the GPA because that is why I was unable to get aid. And looking in LSN only URMs with GPAs under 3.6 got $$. Noone else. So LSN backs up what I was told for this year.

moonshine

Postby moonshine » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:52 pm

Does anyone know who to email about negotiating scholarships? I see the general financial aid email address but I'm not sure if that's the right way to go about doing this...?

mcflooter06

Postby mcflooter06 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Hey guys!

If anyone is attending the ASD on March 26 and has not yet booked a hotel room, I am putting mine up for grabs. I have a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn North Austin that I will sell to someone for $50. Its a great deal, the rooms for the Hilton are at least $139 a night. We can do a paypal transaction and I will call and have the reservation changed.

I have an interview for a rather large scholarship for another school, and I am required to attend that day, so I have to give up my room. PM me for more details. Thanks guys!

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:09 pm

moonshine wrote:Does anyone know who to email about negotiating scholarships? I see the general financial aid email address but I'm not sure if that's the right way to go about doing this...?

http://www.utexas.edu/law/depts/finaid/ ... match.html

Looks like lawfinaid@law.utexas.edu is the way to go.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:53 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:Hey guys!

If anyone is attending the ASD on March 26 and has not yet booked a hotel room, I am putting mine up for grabs. I have a reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn North Austin that I will sell to someone for $50. Its a great deal, the rooms for the Hilton are at least $139 a night. We can do a paypal transaction and I will call and have the reservation changed.

I have an interview for a rather large scholarship for another school, and I am required to attend that day, so I have to give up my room. PM me for more details. Thanks guys!

lol

Hotels accommodations are not hard to find in Austin. I hope no one goes for this.

mcflooter06

Postby mcflooter06 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:55 pm

JazzOne wrote:

lol

Hotels accommodations are not hard to find in Austin. I hope no one goes for this.

No, they're not, but someone on here suggested I offer... so I did. Its not a big deal if no one wants it, but I thought I would offer, just in case. I don't see any harm. Geez, I don't know why someone has to be rude?
Last edited by mcflooter06 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:55 pm

JazzOne wrote:

lol

Aww he probably already paid for the room and doesn't want to be stuck with the full cost and not use the room. Why do you want his money to go to waste? lol

fathergoose

Postby fathergoose » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:56 pm

JazzOne wrote:

lol

way to be a prick.

mcflooter06

Postby mcflooter06 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

lol

Aww he probably already paid for the room and doesn't want to be stuck with the full cost and not use the room. Why do you want his money to go to waste? lol

Lol, well I'm a she, and you are correct. I really didn't pay a ton for it (I did name your own price on Priceline), so I'd eat it if I had to, but I thought I would offer, because its a pretty nice hotel.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:59 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

lol

No, they're not, but someone on here suggested I offer... so I did. Its not a big deal if no one wants it, but I thought I would offer, just in case. I don't see any harm. Geez, I don't know why someone has to be rude?

It's rude for me to point out that I think $50 is a rip off for a hotel reservation? I say you're rude for making that offer in the first place. Just cancel the damn reservation.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:59 pm

fathergoose wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

lol

way to be a prick.

Fuck off

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:Lol, well I'm a she, and you are correct. I really didn't pay a ton for it (I did name your own price on Priceline), so I'd eat it if I had to, but I thought I would offer, because its a pretty nice hotel.

Sorry about the gender confusion. Everytime I see your name I read McFloater, and that would be a horrible name I would assume is a guy. Good luck subletting your room.

evergirl23

Postby evergirl23 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:01 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
JazzOne wrote:

lol

Lol, well I'm a she, and you are correct. I really didn't pay a ton for it (I did name your own price on Priceline), so I'd eat it if I had to, but I thought I would offer, because its a pretty nice hotel.

I don't see anything wrong with trying to get someone else to take the reservation, but I would double check that it is even possible. Normally, hotels will only deal with the person whose name is on the reservation.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”