IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
dontstopbelivin
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby dontstopbelivin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:33 am

Woke up this morning to find sad news in my inbox from Texas - WL, after being held during EA in early November.

While technically I could still get in, I'm counting this as a soft reject (I mean, I've technically been reviewed twice, and they didn't like me enough either time). Debating whether to just withdraw at this point...

(BEGIN RANT) It's just frustrating, seeing as how I have strong ties to the school: I would have been 3rd generation LS alum, have even more relatives at the UG, and visited and met with several professors/admin officers last summer to express my Longhorn love.

Chalk this up to being from OOS, since I'm in to other similarly-ranked schools? Most likely, I'm in that weird grey zone - good enough in general, but there's only so many spots for non-Texans...Whatever, I look bad in burnt orange anyway. (END RANT)

EDIT: Do I get any bonus points for becoming the 1st WL on LSN? What on earth does that mean?? (will update my LSN profile later, when my less-than-smart username won't stick out like such a sore thumb on the graph. Besides, it's so sad to be the big ol' splash of yellow on a sea of red and green)

User avatar
Twix
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Twix » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:32 am

dontstopbelivin wrote:Woke up this morning to find sad news in my inbox from Texas - WL, after being held during EA in early November.

While technically I could still get in, I'm counting this as a soft reject (I mean, I've technically been reviewed twice, and they didn't like me enough either time). Debating whether to just withdraw at this point...

(BEGIN RANT) It's just frustrating, seeing as how I have strong ties to the school: I would have been 3rd generation LS alum, have even more relatives at the UG, and visited and met with several professors/admin officers last summer to express my Longhorn love.

Chalk this up to being from OOS, since I'm in to other similarly-ranked schools? Most likely, I'm in that weird grey zone - good enough in general, but there's only so many spots for non-Texans...Whatever, I look bad in burnt orange anyway. (END RANT)

EDIT: Do I get any bonus points for becoming the 1st WL on LSN? What on earth does that mean?? (will update my LSN profile later, when my less-than-smart username won't stick out like such a sore thumb on the graph. Besides, it's so sad to be the big ol' splash of yellow on a sea of red and green)


Sorry to hear the bad news, your numbers are a little better than mine and I was also held over from EA, so I feel like I'm probably cruising for the wait list at this point as well.

But I did wonder if you sent a LOCI?

Also, love the avatar.

User avatar
dontstopbelivin
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby dontstopbelivin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:06 am

Twix wrote:
dontstopbelivin wrote:Woke up this morning to find sad news in my inbox from Texas - WL, after being held during EA in early November.


Sorry to hear the bad news, your numbers are a little better than mine and I was also held over from EA, so I feel like I'm probably cruising for the wait list at this point as well.

But I did wonder if you sent a LOCI?

Also, love the avatar.


Nope, no LOCI after being held - I was planning to send one in this weekend though. Did you send one in?

I wasn't too smart about how to play the LS game until about a month ago, when I found this site. Sending something in would have been the smart move though. Oh well, lessons for the next life.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby doinmybest » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:23 am

steelerfan87 wrote:for the recent admits first off, congrats! second did u find out by phone call or snail mail?


Phone.

lawstudent119
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby lawstudent119 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:05 am

dontstopbelivin wrote:
Twix wrote:
dontstopbelivin wrote:Woke up this morning to find sad news in my inbox from Texas - WL, after being held during EA in early November.


Sorry to hear the bad news, your numbers are a little better than mine and I was also held over from EA, so I feel like I'm probably cruising for the wait list at this point as well.

But I did wonder if you sent a LOCI?

Also, love the avatar.


Nope, no LOCI after being held - I was planning to send one in this weekend though. Did you send one in?

I wasn't too smart about how to play the LS game until about a month ago, when I found this site. Sending something in would have been the smart move though. Oh well, lessons for the next life.


Sorry to hear about this. It makes no sense, you have strong numbers and people with a lower LSAT and GPA than you have gotten in (sorry, not to make it feel worse). It must be the OOS thing. They could be close to reaching their 35% maximum.

Just curious - when you say "inbox", do you mean e-mail or snail mail? I assume e-mail but I haven't heard of UT communicating any decisions via e-mail yet.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:08 am

lawstudent119 wrote:Just curious - when you say "inbox", do you mean e-mail or snail mail? I assume e-mail but I haven't heard of UT communicating any decisions via e-mail yet.


Probably an email that was sent out at ~4am.

User avatar
dontstopbelivin
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby dontstopbelivin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:08 am

Jericwithers wrote:
lawstudent119 wrote:Just curious - when you say "inbox", do you mean e-mail or snail mail? I assume e-mail but I haven't heard of UT communicating any decisions via e-mail yet.


Probably an email that was sent out at ~4am.


Yep (emailed at 5:01 AM EST, to be exact)

EDIT: And thanks all for the nice words. It makes me feel a little better to know my mini-pity-party isn't totally stupid/result of my own over-inflated ego :)
Last edited by dontstopbelivin on Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:11 am

dontstopbelivin wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
lawstudent119 wrote:Just curious - when you say "inbox", do you mean e-mail or snail mail? I assume e-mail but I haven't heard of UT communicating any decisions via e-mail yet.


Probably an email that was sent out at ~4am.


Yep (emailed at 5:01 AM EST, to be exact)


Ah, should have said 4am CST (that was implied though since we were talking about Texas). All UT law school status emails go out at 4am.

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby adrib » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 am

dontstopbelivin wrote:Woke up this morning to find sad news in my inbox from Texas - WL, after being held during EA in early November.

While technically I could still get in, I'm counting this as a soft reject (I mean, I've technically been reviewed twice, and they didn't like me enough either time). Debating whether to just withdraw at this point...

(BEGIN RANT) It's just frustrating, seeing as how I have strong ties to the school: I would have been 3rd generation LS alum, have even more relatives at the UG, and visited and met with several professors/admin officers last summer to express my Longhorn love.

Chalk this up to being from OOS, since I'm in to other similarly-ranked schools? Most likely, I'm in that weird grey zone - good enough in general, but there's only so many spots for non-Texans...Whatever, I look bad in burnt orange anyway. (END RANT)

EDIT: Do I get any bonus points for becoming the 1st WL on LSN? What on earth does that mean?? (will update my LSN profile later, when my less-than-smart username won't stick out like such a sore thumb on the graph. Besides, it's so sad to be the big ol' splash of yellow on a sea of red and green)

:( I'm sorry. I know it's pretty empty to hear me say it, but WOAH! you have an awesome cycle otherwise :mrgreen: You're gonna do great, no matter where you end up.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby utcris410 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:46 am

sorry to hear this!! :(

applied 12/8...ready to hear something.

User avatar
Twix
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Twix » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:28 pm

dontstopbelivin wrote:
Twix wrote:
dontstopbelivin wrote:Woke up this morning to find sad news in my inbox from Texas - WL, after being held during EA in early November.


Sorry to hear the bad news, your numbers are a little better than mine and I was also held over from EA, so I feel like I'm probably cruising for the wait list at this point as well.

But I did wonder if you sent a LOCI?

Also, love the avatar.


Nope, no LOCI after being held - I was planning to send one in this weekend though. Did you send one in?

I wasn't too smart about how to play the LS game until about a month ago, when I found this site. Sending something in would have been the smart move though. Oh well, lessons for the next life.


I did send a LOCI the other week so I'm hoping that might make a difference, but we'll see. Thanks for the info.

Sphinx1146
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:20 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Sphinx1146 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:50 pm

171, 3.71 Complete since 11/24 and still heard nothing.....

Anyone in a similar boat?

tigrelis
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:05 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby tigrelis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:57 pm

.
Last edited by tigrelis on Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

tinyone
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:22 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby tinyone » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:03 pm

For those that have been waitlisted, any status checker changes?

Ginger1492
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:10 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Ginger1492 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:08 pm

This is all really starting to freak me out. Texas is my top choice.

User avatar
doinmybest
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby doinmybest » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:41 pm

Sphinx1146 wrote:171, 3.71 Complete since 11/24 and still heard nothing.....

Anyone in a similar boat?



I was. I went complete around mid-Nov, and I just got my admitted phone call from Dean Ingram yesterday. Sit tight, you'll be up soon.

User avatar
dontstopbelivin
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby dontstopbelivin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:56 pm

tinyone wrote:For those that have been waitlisted, any status checker changes?


Yes, to "Waiting list offer was granted on February 23, 2010." I haven't checked it since Monday, so I'm not sure if the status checker changes before you receive an email. Although if I remember correctly from EA, the email came first.

User avatar
Jericwithers
Posts: 2194
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Jericwithers » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:58 pm

dontstopbelivin wrote:
tinyone wrote:For those that have been waitlisted, any status checker changes?


Yes, to "Waiting list offer was granted on February 23, 2010." I haven't checked it since Monday, so I'm not sure if the status checker changes before you receive an email. Although if I remember correctly from EA, the email came first.


WL status checker update and email probably happen at the same time since it is a generic email from the system.

User avatar
Burberry by Burberry
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:43 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Burberry by Burberry » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:24 pm

I called the UT Admissions Office and the woman I spoke with mentioned that UT has not had to consider the Waitlist in the past few years. :|

secant
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:50 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby secant » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Burberry by Burberry wrote:I called the UT Admissions Office and the woman I spoke with mentioned that UT has not had to consider the Waitlist in the past few years. :|


LSN shows 4 "WL, Accepted" from last year but all of them were residents. Although I suppose the admissions office is a much better source of information.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby JazzOne » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:09 pm

secant wrote:
Burberry by Burberry wrote:I called the UT Admissions Office and the woman I spoke with mentioned that UT has not had to consider the Waitlist in the past few years. :|


LSN shows 4 "WL, Accepted" from last year but all of them were residents. Although I suppose the admissions office is a much better source of information.

I know a girl who was admitted in August. She had already accepted a scholarship at Baylor and placed a deposit on an apartment. They let her in late, and she rearranged her plans. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up though.

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby lateforthesky16 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:05 pm

just checked my status checker and i was waitlisted today also. didn't receive an email today though. oh well!

havefaithl6
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby havefaithl6 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 pm

I was waitlisted today as well....with very similar stats to "dontstopbelivin" but I applied the end of December instead of EA and am a resident. Why do yall think UT is WL everyone despite lsat scores in the 98th percentile? I am kind of shocked.

User avatar
burtonrideclub
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:10 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby burtonrideclub » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:11 pm

I know a girl who got off the WL in August last year also, had already committed to Tulane but backed out after hearing the news.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby FunkyJD » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:34 pm

WL'd. :oops:

But it's a sunny day in Austin, today. 8)

What can you do? We'll obviously wait it out and see what happens.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fancyfluter22, hellohalo, Houzy, lg77, lillawyer2, PDX4343, potterotter, premalone, stewhan, uhwrestler, whodareswins, XUMickeal, Yahoo [Bot] and 22 guests