IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
catharsis

Bronze

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Post by catharsis » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:49 pm

from what i remember reading, the segway tour is available to 60 students with priority to those out of state. seems pretty cool!

amandap

Bronze

Post by amandap » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:56 pm

jelizabeth88 wrote:Does anyone know if the $200 for ASD is for scholarship recipients only?
I e-mailed Susan Beckman about a travel subsidy and she said it was sent to select students. I did not receive one, but I did get a scholarship so I don't know what the criteria were.

SummerLaw

Bronze

Post by SummerLaw » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Still complete since 12/15 - anyone else? I am expecting a rejection...

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Any in-staters receive a travel subsidy?

texasgirl22

Bronze

Post by texasgirl22 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:01 pm

yes i did...i go to UT currently also haha

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Wingdw

New

Post by Wingdw » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:49 pm

SummerLaw wrote:Still complete since 12/15 - anyone else? I am expecting a rejection...
+1

I feel my chances getting dimmer but hey who knows...

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:50 pm

texasgirl22 wrote:yes i did...i go to UT currently also haha
Are you kidding me? They are giving you $200 for the 5 minutes it will take you to get there? I'm telling....

texasgirl22

Bronze

Post by texasgirl22 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:52 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Are you kidding me? They are giving you $200 for the 5 minutes it will take you to get there? I'm telling....
no please dont...i need that cash. anyway, you might get one too, your numbers are a bit higher than mine

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:53 pm

texasgirl22 wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:
no please dont...i need that cash. anyway, you might get one too, your numbers are a bit higher than mine
PM your numbers if you dont mind

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Sogui

Silver

Post by Sogui » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Ok, crazy lunatics in airplanes aside... some good news for those of you who are heading to Austin next year (from an email today):

Colleagues:

Last year, The University of Texas at Austin had a stellar year with an overall nine percent (9%) drop in the campus crime rate. We could not have accomplished that without everyone's assistance. Because of our campus community's efforts, two different sources (Reader's Digest and Security Magazine) named UT Austin as one of the top 10 safest institutions of higher education in the United States.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:08 pm

Sogui wrote:Ok, crazy lunatics in airplanes aside... some good news for those of you who are heading to Austin next year (from an email today):

Colleagues:

Last year, The University of Texas at Austin had a stellar year with an overall nine percent (9%) drop in the campus crime rate. We could not have accomplished that without everyone's assistance. Because of our campus community's efforts, two different sources (Reader's Digest and Security Magazine) named UT Austin as one of the top 10 safest institutions of higher education in the United States.
I wasn't exactly thrilled with the 9% drop until I saw that we were rated as an A by Readers Digest. Suck on that, A&M! NYU, Columbia, and Mich were also rated as safe as UT just fyi.

Actually, I just checked the methodology of Reader's Digests report and it is junk.

EDIT: It is also scary that we do not have an emergency lockdown plan.

dontstopbelivin

New

Post by dontstopbelivin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:48 pm

legendwaitforitdairy wrote:Has anybody who got held earlier this year heard anything back yet?
Bump on the EA held response. Any more news? And how did you hear - email like last time? or snail mail? I guess I could always start praying for a phone call...or ask for another's special guidance: "Oh Heavenly Colt McCoy, please let me cheer on future generations of awesome Longhorns!"

Sogui

Silver

Post by Sogui » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:49 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
Sogui wrote:Ok, crazy lunatics in airplanes aside... some good news for those of you who are heading to Austin next year (from an email today):

Colleagues:

I wasn't exactly thrilled with the 9% drop until I saw that we were rated as an A by Readers Digest. Suck on that, A&M! NYU, Columbia, and Mich were also rated as safe as UT just fyi.

Actually, I just checked the methodology of Reader's Digests report and it is junk.

EDIT: It is also scary that we do not have an emergency lockdown plan.
Well considering I may be heading to NYC next year that's good news.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:55 am

dontstopbelivin wrote:I guess I could always start praying for a phone call...or ask for another's special guidance: "Oh Heavenly [strike]Colt McCoy[/strike] Vince Young, please let me cheer on future generations of awesome Longhorns!"
ftfy

Nothing against Colt ... nicest guy ... but VY was magic.

castellon

New

Post by castellon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:57 am

Colt? Kid couldn't even get a Heisman.

UTaylor526

Bronze

Post by UTaylor526 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:31 am

dontstopbelivin wrote:
legendwaitforitdairy wrote:Has anybody who got held earlier this year heard anything back yet?
Bump on the EA held response. Any more news? And how did you hear - email like last time? or snail mail? I guess I could always start praying for a phone call...or ask for another's special guidance: "Oh Heavenly Colt McCoy, please let me cheer on future generations of awesome Longhorns!"
I applied in Oct, got held in Nov, and accepted via phone call in Feb.

UTaylor526

Bronze

Post by UTaylor526 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:32 am

FunkyJD wrote:
dontstopbelivin wrote:I guess I could always start praying for a phone call...or ask for another's special guidance: "Oh Heavenly [strike]Colt McCoy[/strike] [strike]Vince Young[/strike] Gilbert, please let me cheer on future generations of awesome Longhorns!"
ftfy

Fixed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:55 am

UTaylor526 wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:
dontstopbelivin wrote:I guess I could always start praying for a phone call...or ask for another's special guidance: "Oh Heavenly [strike]Colt McCoy[/strike] [strike]Vince Young[/strike] Gilbert, please let me cheer on future generations of awesome Longhorns!"
ftfy

Fixed.
You cannot pray to anyone who has not proven their divinity with a national championship. It's just wrong. :x

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
UTaylor526 wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:
ftfy

Fixed.
You cannot pray to anyone who has not proven their divinity with a national championship. It's just wrong. :x
I think that kid already proved his divinity in the one game he played. I'm a fan already.

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:13 pm

Vince Young = Divine
Colt McColt = St. Peter
Garrett Gilbert = the Book of Acts

MPMP

New

Post by MPMP » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:43 pm

While we're on this topic, does anyone know how the law students and professors feel about the football team and UT sports in general? I interviewed at Vandy while my UG team was playing there that weekend, and I asked a few people, in making conversation, if they were going to be attending the game.

Their reactions were mixed, from complete disinterest to looking at me as if I had asked them if they were going to watch a human sacrifice that weekend.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:47 pm

MPMP wrote:While we're on this topic, does anyone know how the law students and professors feel about the football team and UT sports in general? I interviewed at Vandy while my UG team was playing there that weekend, and I asked a few people, in making conversation, if they were going to be attending the game.

Their reactions were mixed, from complete disinterest to looking at me as if I had asked them if they were going to watch a human sacrifice that weekend.
Sports is a big part of Texas culture, regardless of the college. You can get away with not paying any attention to the sports, but you will have a good time if you do.

castellon

New

Post by castellon » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:03 pm

MPMP wrote:While we're on this topic, does anyone know how the law students and professors feel about the football team and UT sports in general? I interviewed at Vandy while my UG team was playing there that weekend, and I asked a few people, in making conversation, if they were going to be attending the game.

Haha, I picture a professor (played by Larry David), staring at you with his jaw dropped as if you had just asked the dumbest question he had ever heard.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:26 pm

castellon wrote:

Haha, I picture a professor (played by Larry David), staring at you with his jaw dropped as if you had just asked the dumbest question he had ever heard.
Yes, subliminal Larry David impression ftw. I can't believe I had never seen that show before last year's season.

gobears09

Bronze

Post by gobears09 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:55 pm

For all you already accepted, does the status checker ever change? Or once you go complete do you just wait for mail?

Does anyone know how they notify waitlist/dings?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”