IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jericwithers

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:53 pm

castellon wrote:Texas wasn't in the running until today, so I think I'm going to go down and visit. I'm wearing an OU shirt at least once a week though if I wind up down there.

I would HIGHLY advise against that. Seriously, you might get hurt or your property damaged if you run into someone stupid enough. We respect diversity and differing opinions, so long as you don't wear an OU shirt. I wouldn't wear a Longhorn shirt in Norman, and I hope you would have the same respect and common sense lol.

However I am curious as to how people would react, since I have never seen someone wear an OU shirt here in Austin.

castellon

Postby castellon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
castellon wrote:Texas wasn't in the running until today, so I think I'm going to go down and visit. I'm wearing an OU shirt at least once a week though if I wind up down there.

I would HIGHLY advise against that. Seriously, you might get hurt or your property damaged if you run into someone stupid enough. We respect diversity and differing opinions, so long as you don't wear an OU shirt. I wouldn't wear a Longhorn shirt in Norman, and I hope you would have the same respect and common sense lol.

However I am curious as to how people would react, since I have never seen someone wear an OU shirt here in Austin.

Yeah, now that I think about it I haven't seen too many UT shirts in Norman... Being a UT fan doesn't mother me, I just get so sick of the whole Texas attitude. I will for sure have to come down and just get a feel of the place, I may have rooted for Bama, I may even root for OSU against Texas, but I cannot deny the beauty of Texas girls.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:02 pm

castellon wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Yeah, now that I think about it I haven't seen too many UT shirts in Norman... Being a UT fan doesn't mother me, I just get so sick of the whole Texas attitude. I will for sure have to come down and just get a feel of the place, I may have rooted for Bama, I may even root for OSU against Texas, but I cannot deny the beauty of Texas girls.

Haha the last thing is something we can both agree on. See, there is common ground even among the most intense rivals.

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:04 pm

catharsis wrote:I had mentioned this earlier but I guess it was still early and there weren't any takers but it would be awesome for some TLS members to reserve the same hotel so we can meet eachother and go out during the evening!!

If anyone is interested let me know. I'm currently searching for the best hotel at the best price and closest to the law school. I can send everyone the information and hopefully meet some TLS members in the process :D

This is a good idea. I definitely won't know anyone at the ASW.

Does anyone know what the schedule is going to be like? I don't see anything about it on Freshlaw. And this may be a dumb question, but do people generally fly into Austin or use the San Antonio airport? (I've been to SA once but never to Austin.)

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:05 pm

a) Texas girls are an American treasure. Be good to them.

b) Do Not Ever wear OU paraphernalia anywhere within the 512 area code.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:06 pm

philosoraptor wrote:And this may be a dumb question, but do people generally fly into Austin or use the San Antonio airport? (I've been to SA once but never to Austin.)

Austin for sure. Besides that I wish I could recommend a hotel, but everywhere I know requires a car to drive to campus.

JordynAsh

Postby JordynAsh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:07 pm

FunkyJD wrote:a) Texas girls are an American treasure. Be good to them.

b) Do Not Ever wear OU paraphernalia anywhere within the 512 area code.

TATCR.

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:08 pm

castellon wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

To be fair, your state is inferior.

hth

castellon

Postby castellon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:15 pm

kittenmittons wrote:To be fair, your state is inferior.

hth

I'm not a big fan of the state of Oklahoma (outside of Norman and Tulsa), but Austin is the only city in the entire state of Texas I would even CONSIDER living in.

Torvon

Postby Torvon » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:16 pm

How does UT do its different notifications (Accepted / WL / Rejected)? Snail mail for everything?

kittenmittons

Postby kittenmittons » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:17 pm

castellon wrote:
kittenmittons wrote:To be fair, your state is inferior.

hth

I'm not a big fan of the state of Oklahoma (outside of Norman and Tulsa), but Austin is the only city in the entire state of Texas I would even CONSIDER living in.

Dallas isn't that bad, less culture, but it's not offensive. I'd work in Houston for BigLaw $ if that was my only career option.

I'd live anywhere in TX before Oklahoma, if only for the lack of income tax.

Esc

Postby Esc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:35 pm

We had a couple Sooner alumni wearing their shirts on campus before the Longhorn/Sooner game last semester. They are still alive as far as I know.

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:07 am

Jericwithers wrote:
philosoraptor wrote:And this may be a dumb question, but do people generally fly into Austin or use the San Antonio airport? (I've been to SA once but never to Austin.)

Austin for sure. Besides that I wish I could recommend a hotel, but everywhere I know requires a car to drive to campus.

New AT&T hotel on campus?? The close hotels (like the two DoubleTrees) have free buses to campus. We have a great bus system!! :)

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:00 am

I can't believe I've missed out on all of this OU/ Texas talk! I'm a Sooner but Texas is definitely my top choice. Hands down.

And I've definitely worn my OU shirt in Austin before and I was left alone. PLUS I parked my car overnight in west campus with a big OU decal on my car and it was not keyed! So I gotta give those UT people some points.

But it's just a matter of principle. I will always be a Sooner :). But UT, please let me in!!!

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:04 am

Stephanie13 wrote:I can't believe I've missed out on all of this OU/ Texas talk! I'm a Sooner but Texas is definitely my top choice. Hands down.

And I've definitely worn my OU shirt in Austin before and I was left alone. PLUS I parked my car overnight in west campus with a big OU decal on my car and it was not keyed! So I gotta give those UT people some points.

But it's just a matter of principle. I will always be a Sooner :). But UT, please let me in!!!

West Campus? Really? Maybe the frat guys were too drunk to notice. Must have been :lol: .

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:09 am

Another Sooner UT Law Applicant here. Sooner Born, Sooner Bred, When I die I'll be Sooner Dead.I love the Sooners and have obligingly rooted against the Longhorns my entire life (except in that beautiful national championship game against USC), but if I got into UT I would have to root for the Longhorns (that's my school, yo), sorry fellow Oklahomans.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:10 am

NU_Jet55 wrote:Another Sooner UT Law Applicant here. Sooner Born, Sooner Bred, When I die I'll be Sooner Dead.I love the Sooners and have obligingly rooted against the Longhorns my entire life (except in that beautiful national championship game against USC), but if I got into UT I would have to root for the Longhorns (that's my school, yo), sorry fellow Oklahomans.

You have my support. I love a convert.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:33 am

Jericwithers wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:I can't believe I've missed out on all of this OU/ Texas talk! I'm a Sooner but Texas is definitely my top choice. Hands down.

West Campus? Really? Maybe the frat guys were too drunk to notice. Must have been :lol: .

Haha yup! It probably helped that it wasn't during football season. I imagine the closer it gets to OU/Texas weekend though the more likely someone would've done something to it.

P.S. I will never get used to hearing it called "Texas/OU" instead of "OU/Texas". Sometimes it's the small things in life...

Daico

Postby Daico » Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:38 am

Esc wrote:We had a couple Sooner alumni wearing their shirts on campus before the Longhorn/Sooner game last semester. They are still alive as far as I know.

Don't listen to Esc, he's a pervert.

Torvon

Postby Torvon » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:00 pm

Emailed in a LOCI recently...we'll see how it goes.

UTaylor526

Postby UTaylor526 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:54 pm

Wow, its been a busy day at work and I've missed a lot of the convo. Here is my 2 cents for what its worth.

OU Shirt debate: Don't wear it. No people won't mess with you because that's not how the majority of UT students are. You will just have people think you're an immature idiot for trying to stir up stuff by wearing a shirt. Just go to school.

Airport: Austin Int'l is a great airport although a bit removed from the city. Beats the hell out of DFW though.

Hotel: The only one I can really think of is the AT&T hotel on campus. I would just call the law school though, they are more likely to give helpful information on which hotels can reach campus.

For my other UT Alumni and future UT law students, are you attending the UT@UT event in addition to the ASD or just one or the other? The UT@UT thing slightly confuses me but I honestly haven't had that much time to look into it.

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:04 pm

Just for the record, the AT&T Center is very nice. It's on the complete opposite side of campus to the law school, but it is damn nice, and the walk isn't that bad.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:30 pm

UTaylor526 wrote:Wow, its been a busy day at work and I've missed a lot of the convo. Here is my 2 cents for what its worth.

OU Shirt debate: Don't wear it. No people won't mess with you because that's not how the majority of UT students are. You will just have people think you're an immature idiot for trying to stir up stuff by wearing a shirt. Just go to school.

Airport: Austin Int'l is a great airport although a bit removed from the city. Beats the hell out of DFW though.

Hotel: The only one I can really think of is the AT&T hotel on campus. I would just call the law school though, they are more likely to give helpful information on which hotels can reach campus.

For my other UT Alumni and future UT law students, are you attending the UT@UT event in addition to the ASD or just one or the other? The UT@UT thing slightly confuses me but I honestly haven't had that much time to look into it.

ATT Executive Center is nice, but very expensive. Also I am going to go to UT@UT, but not sure about the regular ASD. I'm sure it would be the same information except with more Longhorn culture indoctrination.

86revolt

Postby 86revolt » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:32 pm

just got the email about the admitted students/alumni reception in san francisco on the 17th. anyone going to that?

jelizabeth88

Postby jelizabeth88 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:52 pm

Is ASW seriously on the 25th? I'm going to have to piss the Ty Murray Invitational if it is :x ! And my brother was coming to visit and everything.

But anyways, I plan on driving to Austin. Since this is the case, I'm wondering how difficult parking is around campus. Should I still try and find a place that's close enough to walk or will I not have a problem driving around if I don't know the area at all?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”