IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:21 pm

cougit wrote:
alirod12 wrote:In as well, got the call just now. Check my LSN profile for stats.


+1. Quick, nice phone call. I asked about scholarship info... 2 weeks!


Congrats!

User avatar
Foozle
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:04 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Foozle » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:23 pm

cougit wrote:
alirod12 wrote:In as well, got the call just now. Check my LSN profile for stats.


+1. Quick, nice phone call. I asked about scholarship info... 2 weeks!


When did you guys submit/go complete?

cougit
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby cougit » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:50 pm

Submitted 10/9
Complete 10/16
Admission granted 10/29
Admissions packet 11/2
Phone call 11/3

User avatar
elcielo36
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby elcielo36 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:19 pm

cougit wrote:
alirod12 wrote:In as well, got the call just now. Check my LSN profile for stats.


+1. Quick, nice phone call. I asked about scholarship info... 2 weeks!


++1 They left me a nice voicemail (I'm at work).

User avatar
Legacy316
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Legacy316 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Got a second call from UT today....

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Kretzy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:29 am

Legacy316 wrote:Got a second call from UT today....


Second verse, same as the first? Or did they want to give you money already? The latter would make the cycle even more exciting this early.

User avatar
Legacy316
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 5:57 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Legacy316 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:11 am

Kretzy wrote:
Legacy316 wrote:Got a second call from UT today....


Second verse, same as the first? Or did they want to give you money already? The latter would make the cycle even more exciting this early.


Well I missed their call from last time when the Director for admissions called, so I'm not exactly sure what he would have said. But the girl who called today was really young and told me that she graduated from my UG in '07. She also knew all about where I was from and my major, etc. She basically just asked if I had any questions about anything and told me congrats. I was thinking that UT may have had her call b/c we are from the same UG but who knows?

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Kretzy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:28 pm

Legacy316 wrote:
Kretzy wrote:
Legacy316 wrote:Got a second call from UT today....


Second verse, same as the first? Or did they want to give you money already? The latter would make the cycle even more exciting this early.


Well I missed their call from last time when the Director for admissions called, so I'm not exactly sure what he would have said. But the girl who called today was really young and told me that she graduated from my UG in '07. She also knew all about where I was from and my major, etc. She basically just asked if I had any questions about anything and told me congrats. I was thinking that UT may have had her call b/c we are from the same UG but who knows?


I actually just got the second call as well. Current student, we talked for about 10 minutes or so. Really friendly and honest about employment prospects. 3Ls who aren't clerking were hit hard, she said, and 1Ls have almost no firm options according to the career center...yadda yadda stuff we already knew.

On a plus side, I got lots of recommendations for live music. I'm excited to check out Austin in March during ASW. For those of us admitted, we'll be getting all the information via snail mail in the next few weeks (it'll come separately from financial aid, most likely, according to the student who called).

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby crackberry » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:13 pm

Kretzy wrote:I actually just got the second call as well. Current student, we talked for about 10 minutes or so. Really friendly and honest about employment prospects. 3Ls who aren't clerking were hit hard, she said, and 1Ls have almost no firm options according to the career center...yadda yadda stuff we already knew.

On a plus side, I got lots of recommendations for live music. I'm excited to check out Austin in March during ASW. For those of us admitted, we'll be getting all the information via snail mail in the next few weeks (it'll come separately from financial aid, most likely, according to the student who called).

Haha wow yeah I just got a second call too but I only talked for like a minute and a half. She told me about ASW and something else I forget. She asked if I had questions, but I said no. You talking for 10 minutes makes me feel bad, but given that I'm not going to go to UT, I suppose it makes no difference.

User avatar
toolshed
Posts: 315
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:35 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby toolshed » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:18 pm

Got the call too, but it went to voicemail (because Sprint's coverage BLOWS...but I digress). ASW on 3/25, 3/26 (same as Duke's, I believe?), and there is an online resource called Fresh Law Central available to admitted students.

User avatar
jgulia45
Posts: 179
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:03 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby jgulia45 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:52 pm

Was just notified that error occurred when I submitted my application which is why my LSDAS report has not been requested...FML...tack on another two weeks at least until I'm complete...

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby catharsis » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:59 pm

i havent recieved a 2nd call yet. i actually do have some questions though so i hope i get one haha.

miami..
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby miami.. » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:33 pm

hey crackberry, you want to be awesome and tell them you're not going so it opens up a spot :)

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby crackberry » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:00 pm

miami.. wrote:hey crackberry, you want to be awesome and tell them you're not going so it opens up a spot :)

Haha if/when I get scholarship info and it doesn't match the $90K UCLA gave me, I will absolutely withdraw. I don't want to hold on to a spot I have no intention of keeping.

miami..
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby miami.. » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:05 pm

thanks, definitely appreciated by us peoples livin on the edge haha

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:19 am

Just got my second call. Really nice talk, the girl also sounded hot so thats a plus for UT!

akowis
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby akowis » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:22 am

.
Last edited by akowis on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

miami..
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:40 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby miami.. » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:29 am

wow that was fast.....did you have an incredible lsat and gpa, urm?

akowis
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby akowis » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:32 am

.
Last edited by akowis on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

brutustx
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby brutustx » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:20 pm

akowis wrote:
miami.. wrote:wow that was fast.....did you have an incredible lsat and gpa, urm?


Above median lsat/gpa. Non-URM. In-state.


Congrats. Did you receive any sort of notification (status checker, phone call) before you received the packet?

User avatar
crackberry
Posts: 3252
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby crackberry » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:06 pm

miami.. wrote:wow that was fast.....did you have an incredible lsat and gpa, urm?

Dude lots of people have been accepted at UT already. Most have good - but not exceptional - stats.

brutustx wrote:Congrats. Did you receive any sort of notification (status checker, phone call) before you received the packet?


For most, the packet was the first notification they received. For some, however, the status checker will change to say "admission was granted on DATE," which occurs three days after the mailing date on the packet. So, in other words, if you live overseas, you could check on the status checker before receiving the packet. If you live in the continental US, though, you should receive the packet before the status checker changes (barring a USPS snafu). Then, after you are accepted, you receive at least one, but in many cases (including mine) two, phone calls from UT congratulating you on getting in.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Just got my scholarship information. $84k over three years

Kretzy
Posts: 1431
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:11 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Kretzy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:15 pm

0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Just got my scholarship information. $84k over three years


Damn, congrats! Anything similar and I'll be immediately withdrawing from GTown.

0L Hoping for 1
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby 0L Hoping for 1 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:20 pm

Kretzy wrote:
0L Hoping for 1 wrote:Just got my scholarship information. $84k over three years


Damn, congrats! Anything similar and I'll be immediately withdrawing from GTown.


Thanks! I did the math and thats only 10K I would have to pay in tuition for the three years, so makes it much more attractive!

akowis
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby akowis » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:22 pm

.
Last edited by akowis on Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AntsInMyEyesJohnson, ayylmao, Baby Gaga, cd1945, Finickywalrus, galeatus, genjustice, izha, oliviaj_j, potterotter, proteinshake, reydingo, Yahoo [Bot] and 24 guests