IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Jericwithers

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:05 pm

amandap wrote:Does anyone know when financial aid/ scholarship info comes out?

Comes in the mail a couple weeks after being accepted.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:13 pm

I'm super tempted to send in a LOCI even though I haven't been waitlisted or held yet. I just don't think UT understands how much I need to be at their school! Bad idea or AWESOME idea?

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:56 pm

Yes! Just got the call from Dean Ingram -- in. Out of state, 166/3.7. Really happy that this one came through!

entrechatsix

Postby entrechatsix » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:02 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:I'm super tempted to send in a LOCI even though I haven't been waitlisted or held yet. I just don't think UT understands how much I need to be at their school! Bad idea or AWESOME idea?

I say AWESOME. I mean I don't know anything, but it sure couldn't hurt.. Right?

Also, I think if you don't do something like this and get dinged/wl you'll probably regret it.

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Jericwithers wrote:

Was about to ask this, thanks.

Also, here's my elitist rundown of the UT Law acceptance packet (I go to UT so don't hate):

- Envelope itself was cool, big burnt orange WELCOME right on the envelope, nice touch.
- Acceptance letter is weakly formatted, looks like it was strung up overnight in Word.
- It was raining today so it got wet. The letter is warped and wrinkled.
- Black and White. Cmon! Every school has used color, even down to using an appropriately colored pen to sign their signature.
- The signed signature went right over her written signature, sloppy.
- Cheap printer paper, this was exacerbated by the dampness. All the other letters I've gotten came on crisp, thick, high quality paper. Maybe UT is trying to be green here?
- No personalization
- The rest of the packet as alright. I wish they would at least acknowledge me as a UT student.
- UT law magazine is literally 50% donor names on page after page.
- UT Visitor's guide is literally 50% advertisements
- A clerkship program slip that looks like it's designed to be sent to judges and students, it's addressed "Dear Judge". hmmm
- On a high note that had an interesting flipbook that introduced some of the faculty.

Also, I wish they'd mention the part about getting scholly info later on (if that's indeed true). If I hadn't found that out on this thread I might have just gone ahead and withdrawn.
Last edited by Sogui on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:40 pm

entrechatsix wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:I'm super tempted to send in a LOCI even though I haven't been waitlisted or held yet. I just don't think UT understands how much I need to be at their school! Bad idea or AWESOME idea?

Also, I think if you don't do something like this and get dinged/wl you'll probably regret it.

Yea that's what I'm thinking too.. although then I wonder if I do get waitlisted then I'll have to think of something new to say haha.

barrydukakis

Postby barrydukakis » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:55 pm

Last edited by barrydukakis on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

portena

Postby portena » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Sogui wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

Also, here's my elitist rundown of the UT Law acceptance packet (I go to UT so don't hate):

- Envelope itself was cool, big burnt orange WELCOME right on the envelope, nice touch.
- Acceptance letter is weakly formatted, looks like it was strung up overnight in Word.
- Black and White. Cmon! Every school has used color, even down to using an appropriately colored pen to sign their signature.
- Cheap printer paper, this was exacerbated by the dampness. All the other letters I've gotten came on crisp, thick, high quality paper. Maybe UT is trying to be green here?
- No personalization
- The rest of the packet as alright. I wish they would at least acknowledge me as a UT student.
- A clerkship program slip that looks like it's designed to be sent to judges and students, it's addressed "Dear Judge". hmmm
- On a high note that had an interesting flipbook that introduced some of the faculty.

Also, I wish they'd mention the part about getting scholly info later on (if that's indeed true). If I hadn't found that out on this thread I might have just gone ahead and withdrawn.

I'm not going to lie; I'm less than thrilled that your whining in the Harvard threads has now spilled over into the UT thread. No need to be such a Buzz Killington all the time, dood

texasgirl22

Postby texasgirl22 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:28 pm

portena wrote:
Sogui wrote:
Jericwithers wrote:

- No personalization

I'm not going to lie; I'm less than thrilled that your whining in the Harvard threads has now spilled over into the UT thread. No need to be such a Buzz Killington all the time, dood

+1. you should be grateful that a school accepted you, even if it is your safety.

TXDeac

Postby TXDeac » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:14 pm

entrechatsix wrote:

Go for it. It worked for me, so it could work for you. Just shoot them an e-mail - it's what I did!

moonmaster3

Postby moonmaster3 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:15 pm

TXDeac wrote:
entrechatsix wrote:

Go for it. It worked for me, so it could work for you. Just shoot them an e-mail - it's what I did!

What were your stats Deac?

hopefulincal

Postby hopefulincal » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:16 pm

Yay, in at Texas! I've been complete for so long I thought they forgot about me.

Torvon

Postby Torvon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:19 pm

barrydukakis wrote:Just got the phone call. Out of state, deferred from EA. 166, 3.9. Stoked.

Did you send a LOCI or anything?

adrib

Postby adrib » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:01 pm

congrats, hopeful and today's other admits!!! Austin FTW!!!!

Sogui

Postby Sogui » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Well I'm certainly glad I was accepted, and there's still a possibility of attending if I can get a full ride. I just felt like nitpicking since I'm in a sour mood.

Probably wasn't the best judgment to post that sort of thing in this thread though. Grats to all acceptances, UT really is a great institution in a great city.

TXDeac

Postby TXDeac » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:51 pm

moonmaster3 wrote:
TXDeac wrote:
entrechatsix wrote:

What were your stats Deac?

169/3.5

I was held over from EA.

TXDeac

Postby TXDeac » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:16 pm

Do any current UT Law students post on this thread? Now that I have my acceptance ( :D ) I have some questions!

barrydukakis

Postby barrydukakis » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Last edited by barrydukakis on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Sogui wrote:Also, here's my elitist rundown of the UT Law acceptance packet (I go to UT so don't hate):

- No personalization

Interesting judgment to post this shit.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:26 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
Sogui wrote:Also, here's my elitist rundown of the UT Law acceptance packet (I go to UT so don't hate):

- No personalization

Despite all of my past transgressions, I never sank quite this low.

countbizaller

Postby countbizaller » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:30 pm

TXDeac wrote:Do any current UT Law students post on this thread? Now that I have my acceptance ( :D ) I have some questions!

shoot

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:38 pm

managamy wrote:
FunkyJD wrote:

- No personalization

Despite all of my past transgressions, I never sank quite this low.

Sogui, if you're reading this, go ahead and withdraw. Leave the space for someone else who'd truly appreciate it.

Jericwithers

Postby Jericwithers » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:41 pm

People, chill out. He goes to UT, so we can't hate :roll: . I thought it was a nice acceptance packet, but I haven't gotten very many.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Jericwithers wrote:People, chill out. He goes to UT, so we can't hate :roll: . I thought it was a nice acceptance packet, but I haven't gotten very many.

Hell, I go to UT, too. I've got my Bevo horns all riled up, too. :evil:

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:55 pm

countbizaller wrote:
TXDeac wrote:Do any current UT Law students post on this thread? Now that I have my acceptance ( :D ) I have some questions!

shoot

Bingo!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”