IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Olive
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Olive » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:30 pm

adrib wrote:
Veritas wrote:CONGRATS ADRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeee! i'm in!!!!! Sent 01/09, got status checker last saturday.eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adrib, I bet you know who is smiling from ear to ear right now. Congratulations! :mrgreen:

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby adrib » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:31 pm

Olive wrote:
adrib wrote:
Veritas wrote:CONGRATS ADRI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeee! i'm in!!!!! Sent 01/09, got status checker last saturday.eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adrib, I bet you know who is smiling from ear to ear right now. Congratulations! :mrgreen:

olive! :D :D :D

lawstudent119
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby lawstudent119 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:32 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
lawstudent119 wrote:His daughter went to UT! Maybe he was showing support for her...


I don't mean to insult anyone's political sensibilities. I was just wondering why that picture comes in at number 2 under a google images search.


Haha, no harm done here! I agree about the randomness... you would think Vince Young or Mack Brown flashing the Hook 'Em would be the first 500 image results!

User avatar
entrechatsix
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby entrechatsix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:39 pm

monkeygirl wrote:
entrechatsix wrote:does anyone else feel like they've been complete FOREVER (or... you know like two plus months) with no word? i used to feel really good about my chances... there's green all around my stats on lsn... but every day i'm less and less confident. i just can't figure out why i haven't heard a word! :cry:
i know i have to be patient... it just sucks because i wanttt ut


I was complete since very early November with no word-then got a phone call on 1/28/10 saying I was in. Honestly, I had given up and stopped checking my status by that point.

hang in there-good luck!!


thanks for the encouragement!! actually.... i just got the call from dean ingram... IN!!!!!!! i literally could not be more excited

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby adrib » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:54 pm

entrechatsix wrote:
monkeygirl wrote:
entrechatsix wrote:does anyone else feel like they've been complete FOREVER (or... you know like two plus months) with no word? i used to feel really good about my chances... there's green all around my stats on lsn... but every day i'm less and less confident. i just can't figure out why i haven't heard a word! :cry:
i know i have to be patient... it just sucks because i wanttt ut


I was complete since very early November with no word-then got a phone call on 1/28/10 saying I was in. Honestly, I had given up and stopped checking my status by that point.

hang in there-good luck!!


thanks for the encouragement!! actually.... i just got the call from dean ingram... IN!!!!!!! i literally could not be more excited



eeeeee! congrats!!!

User avatar
entrechatsix
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby entrechatsix » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:55 pm

adrib wrote:
entrechatsix wrote:
monkeygirl wrote:
entrechatsix wrote:does anyone else feel like they've been complete FOREVER (or... you know like two plus months) with no word? i used to feel really good about my chances... there's green all around my stats on lsn... but every day i'm less and less confident. i just can't figure out why i haven't heard a word! :cry:
i know i have to be patient... it just sucks because i wanttt ut


I was complete since very early November with no word-then got a phone call on 1/28/10 saying I was in. Honestly, I had given up and stopped checking my status by that point.

hang in there-good luck!!


thanks for the encouragement!! actually.... i just got the call from dean ingram... IN!!!!!!! i literally could not be more excited



eeeeee! congrats!!!


thanks! i was just coming back to add congrats to you!!!!

lawstudent119
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:57 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby lawstudent119 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:03 pm

Congrats to you! Sorry to be "that guy" ... but mind sharing your stats? Just curious what the general stats are for people who are getting the call today. I hate this game!

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:37 pm

Yay! Congrats on the acceptances guys!!! :D

User avatar
catharsis
Posts: 401
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:48 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby catharsis » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:17 pm

way to go guys! CONGRATS!!!!!!!

chizUFL
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:16 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby chizUFL » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 pm

Got the call around 5:00 pm today (via voicemail)! As a Texas resident, UT is one of my top choices, so this was very good news at the end of my work day. Judging by LSN it sure doesn't look like there were many calls today. No mention of scholarship money in the voicemail. 176/3.6

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby adrib » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:40 pm

congrats, chiz!!!

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7119
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby los blancos » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Congrats chiz, though with those numbers shouldn't you be a lock @ Columbia?

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby adrib » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:50 pm

UT FTW!!
Last edited by adrib on Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Slimpee » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:01 pm

I *heart* adrib!
Last edited by Slimpee on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
entrechatsix
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby entrechatsix » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:03 pm

.
Last edited by entrechatsix on Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
los blancos
Posts: 7119
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:18 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby los blancos » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:03 pm

.
Last edited by los blancos on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tamlyric
Posts: 656
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby tamlyric » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:15 pm

Adrib FTW!
Last edited by tamlyric on Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Olive
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Olive » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:22 pm

Edit: What he is really pointing at is a sign that says "adrib is awesome". I don't know who photoshopped that album cover in. Either way adrib is awesome.

Image
Last edited by Olive on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby adrib » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:14 pm

dudes, i love UT so much i think i am going to explode.
Last edited by adrib on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:46 pm

adrib wrote:dudes, i love UT so much i think i am going to explode.

haha that's how I feel too! Gosh UT just needs to let me in already! (Pretty please??)

chizUFL
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:16 am

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby chizUFL » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:59 pm

boilercat wrote:Congrats chiz, though with those numbers shouldn't you be a lock @ Columbia?


Thanks guys, and big congrats adrib. I thought you were excited the other day over in the SMU thread, but that was nothing on this I hope!

In the words of Davy Crockett, "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas!"

:)

I definitely love Texas, but am still waiting for all precincts to report before finalizing any decision.

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby adrib » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:55 am

chizUFL wrote:
boilercat wrote:Congrats chiz, though with those numbers shouldn't you be a lock @ Columbia?


Thanks guys, and big congrats adrib. I thought you were excited the other day over in the SMU thread, but that was nothing on this I hope!

In the words of Davy Crockett, "You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas!"

:)

I definitely love Texas, but am still waiting for all precincts to report before finalizing any decision.

someone in my office has that Crockett quote on a coffee cup, I may need to buy one, soon...Yeah, chiz. This is nuts! SMU is a fantastic school, no doubt, and I would be proud to attend it. But this....I haven't quit grinning since yesterday. I didn't sleep last night because I was so happy, and I found myself skipping and humming at work today. Unreal doesn't even start to cover it. congrats again--maybe i'll see you in Austin this fall!

TXDeac
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:23 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby TXDeac » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:32 am

UT! Hell yes. I'm finally in.


I got the call today but somehow the call didn't actually come through on my phone. I was ordering a sandwich at Quizno's when my phone vibrated with a voicemail from an Austin number.... the lady ordering my sandwich was getting pretty upset that I wasn't answering the question "Anything else with that?" because I was too busy listening to that voicemail. I don't regret it.

169/3.5 if anyone cares. I was held over from Early Decision.

User avatar
adrib
Posts: 283
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:03 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby adrib » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:36 am

TXDeac wrote:UT! Hell yes. I'm finally in.


I got the call today but somehow the call didn't actually come through on my phone. I was ordering a sandwich at Quizno's when my phone vibrated with a voicemail from an Austin number.... the lady ordering my sandwich was getting pretty upset that I wasn't answering the question "Anything else with that?" because I was too busy listening to that voicemail. I don't regret it.

169/3.5 if anyone cares. I was held over from Early Decision.

deac! congrats! first choice??

TXDeac
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:23 pm

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Postby TXDeac » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:39 am

adrib wrote:
TXDeac wrote:UT! Hell yes. I'm finally in.


I got the call today but somehow the call didn't actually come through on my phone. I was ordering a sandwich at Quizno's when my phone vibrated with a voicemail from an Austin number.... the lady ordering my sandwich was getting pretty upset that I wasn't answering the question "Anything else with that?" because I was too busy listening to that voicemail. I don't regret it.

169/3.5 if anyone cares. I was held over from Early Decision.

deac! congrats! first choice??



I think so! I'm a Texas resident (Houston), and the in-state tuition is a huge deal.

I did apply to Columbia and Chicago, and if by some chance I was accepted I'd certainly think seriously about my options. But, most likely, I'll be at UT.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”