IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
yournamehere

New

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Post by yournamehere » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:10 pm

were any of yall visiting my torts class this afternoon? just for future reference, its extremely poor form to walk in front of the professor. go around the back, no matter what.

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:34 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:two months complete... I really do like UT.

Dang it, why did I apply so late?

At least I haven't been rejected or WL yet, which is what I expected from being so late out of state.
+1 Have been complete exactly 2 months as of today. Still no word...
Spoke too soon. Snail mail ding from Texas waiting for me in my mail box when I got home :(

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:52 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
cardinalandgold wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:two months complete... I really do like UT.

Dang it, why did I apply so late?

At least I haven't been rejected or WL yet, which is what I expected from being so late out of state.
+1 Have been complete exactly 2 months as of today. Still no word...
Spoke too soon. Snail mail ding from Texas waiting for me in my mail box when I got home :(
Sorry to hear. Nothing yet for me, but I'm like 2 or 3 days under two months complete apparently (looked at the email today).

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Bronze

Post by John J. Rambo, Esq. » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:20 pm

yournamehere wrote:go around the back, no matter what.

Are there any good Korean restaurants in Austin?

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:17 am

John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Are there any good Korean restaurants in Austin?
Nice transition.

Not sure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

chicoalto0649

Silver

Post by chicoalto0649 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:08 am

Jericwithers wrote:
John J. Rambo, Esq. wrote:Are there any good Korean restaurants in Austin?
Nice transition.

Not sure.
Uhmmn I heard Austin isn't really "known" for its Asian. There is the one good Sushi/Japa Steak house downtown (name escapes me ) but thats all I know about Asian. I highly recommend Iron Works BBQ on 1st and Red river. It's delightful and they have magnificent ribs. Ribs are sorta like asian food insofar as Asians <3 ribs

Pro Boner

New

Post by Pro Boner » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:11 am

The UT campus and downtown area does not have too much real Asian food. You will find a Pei Wei north of campus at the HEB. There is a Korea-town on N. Lamar about 10-15 min away from campus complete with Asian supermarket, karaoke bars, and restaurants.

There is this play called Magic Wok on the Drag. It is terrible. Insta-diarrhea

John J. Rambo, Esq.

Bronze

Post by John J. Rambo, Esq. » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:36 am

Pro Boner wrote:The UT campus and downtown area does not have too much real Asian food. You will find a Pei Wei north of campus at the HEB. There is a Korea-town on N. Lamar about 10-15 min away from campus complete with Asian supermarket, karaoke bars, and restaurants.

K-town FTW. I'm sure I can find what I need there. Still, it would be nice to have a noodle shop closer to campus.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:32 am

Pro Boner wrote:The UT campus and downtown area does not have too much real Asian food. You will find a Pei Wei north of campus at the HEB. There is a Korea-town on N. Lamar about 10-15 min away from campus complete with Asian supermarket, karaoke bars, and restaurants.

Ming's Cafe and the Thai Noodle House are good.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TXDeac

New

Post by TXDeac » Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:53 pm

Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but what is dress usually like at Texas ASW? I figure it would be poor form to show up casually, so I plan to just wear slacks and a button down. If it's warm outside, I hope I can get away with a nice polo instead of the button down.

Thoughts anyone? If you people show up in suits, expect me to judge you 8) .

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:44 pm

TXDeac wrote:Not sure if this has been brought up yet, but what is dress usually like at Texas ASW? I figure it would be poor form to show up casually, so I plan to just wear slacks and a button down. If it's warm outside, I hope I can get away with a nice polo instead of the button down.

Thoughts anyone? If you people show up in suits, expect me to judge you 8) .
Friday is business casual; Thursday (Segway tours) is casual

TXDeac

New

Post by TXDeac » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Awesome, thanks.

hopefulhorn

New

Post by hopefulhorn » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Sauer Grapes--- I was complete since the beginning of December ...I didn't hear anything until Friday (more than 3 1/2 months!) ....and it was good news :) If the school still interests you so much, then maybe let them know. They are probably having a tough time deciding and it never hurts to send an LOCI in advance of being waitlisted!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

batmansion

New

Post by batmansion » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:18 am

Last edited by batmansion on Sun May 23, 2010 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:33 am

batmansion wrote:Unfortunately, the law school, isolated as it is on the northeast corner of campus, is on the opposite end of campus from most of the food. But there are cafes scattered throughout campus, and a couple of places just to the north.
Y'all will soon learn that Longhorn Po'Boys is your go-to/only real option, and that George's is the bane of humanity and a blight upon this fair earth. And you will get really, really used to/tired of happy hours at the Crown and Anchor.

yournamehere

New

Post by yournamehere » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:15 am

the food court in the stadium is about a 7 minute walk away. subway, pizza hut, starbucks, and a wing street.

OperaAttorney

Silver

Post by OperaAttorney » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Esc wrote:
batmansion wrote:Unfortunately, the law school, isolated as it is on the northeast corner of campus, is on the opposite end of campus from most of the food. But there are cafes scattered throughout campus, and a couple of places just to the north.
Y'all will soon learn that Longhorn Po'Boys is your go-to/only real option, and that George's is the bane of humanity and a blight upon this fair earth. And you will get really, really used to/tired of happy hours at the Crown and Anchor.
Yes, yes, yes! So, if you're as lucky as I was last semester, you'll find a vacancy across the street from the law school, rent it, and enjoy inexpensive lunch at home during your lunch breaks. :) LOL

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:01 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:
Esc wrote:
Yes, yes, yes! So, if you're as lucky as I was last semester, you'll find a vacancy across the street from the law school, rent it, and enjoy inexpensive lunch at home during your lunch breaks. :) LOL
bah, I hate you! :cry:

moonmaster3

New

Post by moonmaster3 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:16 pm

If this is what you think then you've really never gone around UT much. Try Thai Kitchen, it is like having a Thai grandmother cook the food for you.

louboutin

Bronze

Post by louboutin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:34 pm

Last edited by louboutin on Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:36 pm

louboutin wrote:scholarship matching worked for me!!!!!! :D :D
PM info on what you got and how you got it?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sternc

Bronze

Post by sternc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:08 pm

Lou, do you mind PMing me as well?

rjr575

New

Post by rjr575 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Just heard today, Scholarship Matching Program worked for me as well!

xoxoxo

New

Post by xoxoxo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:29 pm

3.9x/16x. Non-URM F. OOS.
Applied late October ED. Held mid-November. LOCI #1 sent late January. LOCI #2 sent late March. The silence is killing me. Is there anything else I can do??

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:36 pm

hopefulhorn wrote:Sauer Grapes--- I was complete since the beginning of December ...I didn't hear anything until Friday (more than 3 1/2 months!) ....and it was good news :) If the school still interests you so much, then maybe let them know. They are probably having a tough time deciding and it never hurts to send an LOCI in advance of being waitlisted!
Well, I can't say there is anywhere that I'd rather be, but at the same time I can't say I'd rather be at UT than a couple of my other choices either, like Vandy for instance. That being said, the longer I wait for UT, the less likely money is coming with an acceptance, therefore the less likely I'd end up matriculating. :cry:

Anyway, I can't in good conscience write a LOCI when my chances of matriculating are 50/50.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”