IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
forza

Gold

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Post by forza » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:59 pm

Never did I claim to be an expert. Just that you had some of your "facts" wrong. Anyway.

Me and everyone else appreciate your service.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:15 pm

princepointe wrote:
Ok. This is getting good.

1. It's was an opinion. If I make a statement like "this is the best burger ever" do I need 20 links that say it's the best burger. Man your gonna be a good lawyer. geez.lol. You spend WAYYYY to much time on forums obviously. Really shows your level of intelligence. When you clearly lose a debate you revert to an aggresive neanderthal state. Hurling insults and expletives. I've seen that before also.

2. I have the book right here next to my laptop. 2009 ABA-LSAC Official Guide page 724, bottom right corner under tuition and fees RESIDENT 20,632 and NON 36,130.

3. Clearly
Might I point out that resident tuition/fees for students entering in the fall of 2008 was about $22,500? If your book was the 2009 edition, it was wrong then. I doubt that you're legit, but if by some unfortunate chance you're telling the truth, then I pity the undergrad prelaws at UT. The amount of incorrect info you must be giving them is immense.

princepointe

New

Post by princepointe » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:31 pm

Esc wrote:
princepointe wrote:

1. It's was an opinion. If I make a statement like "this is the best burger ever" do I need 20 links that say it's the best burger. Man your gonna be a good lawyer. geez.lol. You spend WAYYYY to much time on forums obviously. Really shows your level of intelligence. When you clearly lose a debate you revert to an aggresive neanderthal state. Hurling insults and expletives. I've seen that before also.

2. I have the book right here next to my laptop. 2009 ABA-LSAC Official Guide page 724, bottom right corner under tuition and fees RESIDENT 20,632 and NON 36,130.

3. Clearly
Might I point out that resident tuition/fees for students entering in the fall of 2008 was about $22,500? If your book was the 2009 edition, it was wrong then. I doubt that you're legit, but if by some unfortunate chance you're telling the truth, then I pity the undergrad prelaws at UT. The amount of incorrect info you must be giving them is immense.
I have already adressed the issue that the book was wrong. Thats why it's called an "estimate". Don't particulary care if you believe i'm "legit" or not but for the sake of argument i'll be glad to meet with you for coffee as a courtesy of one longhorn to another. I'll actually be at the Law Library from 345-5 for a study group and at 7 for my regular finals study session. PM me your email or phone number and we can meet. The perceived "wrong" info I give is no more inaccurate than the info on this forum or found in the book I would be glad to show you.

mcflooter06

Bronze

Post by mcflooter06 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:35 pm

princepointe wrote:
forza wrote:+fees, straight from the horse's mouth: http://www.utexas.edu/law/depts/finaid/costs/

You'd think a current UT undergrad, so close to the program, would at least have the fucking numbers correct.

Oh well, I bow out here. Have a good'n.
http://texaslawyer.typepad.com/texas_la ... ool-t.html

Clearly the website will reflect the 7% increase instantly while my 2009 book would not. But for arguments sake lets go back to the point of my numbers not getting me a full ride (Which you failed to address. I'm sure it was totally by accident and not the fact that through your limited vocabulary you failed to realize that my numbers clearly qualify me). So you say my numbers would only get me 60000. HMMMMM so being under 5% represented with my numbers and background don't qualify me for an extra 23000?

Now, I'm not trying to be nasty, but a good bunch of us have contacted the admissions office about scholarships and were told that there is a "strict 3.6 GPA/168 LSAT cutoff"... both of which you do not have. I'm not calling you a liar, I'm just telling you what I know.

weejonbu

Bronze

Post by weejonbu » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:45 pm

Dude, many thanks for serving our country, I respect that and it is very honorable. I would say the same about actually sticking around and raising your son, as well as working hard at school.

However... you come across as an extreme know-it-all and I hope...
princepointe wrote: Apparently I am a "special" snowflake. I see your one of those people like Barbara Grutter. Your so hung up on numbers you fail to see the impact that a persons background or circumstances have on their admissions prospects. Like the fact I maintained a 3.5 GPA while being called to deploy to Iraq last minute after add/drop period in diff 2 semesters while taking 17 hrs, the fact that i'm a single fathers raising a 9 year old. Being called to deploy to the Gulf Coast for Hurricane relief for Ike and Gustav while taking a full summer session. But hey your entitled to your thoughts of truth and lies. Thats what we fight for. Looking at your numbers it's clear that your the authority here to where people can and cannot get in. I'll be sure to refer people to you in the future. Good luck wherever you go.
...that law school teaches you how to use an apostrophe, and how to not end a sentence with a preposition.

Cheers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:12 pm

princepointe wrote:
Esc wrote:
princepointe wrote:

3. Clearly
I have already adressed the issue that the book was wrong. Thats why it's called an "estimate". Don't particulary care if you believe i'm "legit" or not but for the sake of argument i'll be glad to meet with you for coffee as a courtesy of one longhorn to another. I'll actually be at the Law Library from 345-5 for a study group and at 7 for my regular finals study session. PM me your email or phone number and we can meet. The perceived "wrong" info I give is no more inaccurate than the info on this forum or found in the book I would be glad to show you.
I'm not interested in meeting you. What I am interested in is pointing out that the book that you were upholding as gospel a little while ago was wrong when it was published. It wasn't an estimate. The tuition for Fall 2008 was publicly available long before 2009. The book simply gave the wrong number (most likely the Fall 2007 number, which I believe may have been around $20k+) and without even bothering to check your facts, you've been holding yourself forth as an authority on the subject.

If you're going to be giving people information, make sure you have your facts right before speaking. We don't need more 0Ls running around with incorrect info in their heads.

burtonrideclub

Bronze

Post by burtonrideclub » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:16 pm

Can this thread just stick to people announcing if they got into UT or not? The last 10 pages have been pretty much bickering.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:18 pm

burtonrideclub wrote:Can this thread just stick to people announcing if they got into UT or not? The last 10 pages have been pretty much bickering.
No.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:53 pm

I love that cartoon, I get into that bad habit sometimes.

Good luck to all the Texas students on their finals next week! Maybe less time on the interwebs and more time studying would do yall good :lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

autao

New

Post by autao » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:00 pm

I got in over the Thanksgiving break via status check, and had both my scholarship offer and welcome packet when I got back on Friday. However, I have yet to receive a phone call. Has this happened to anyone else?

princepointe

New

Post by princepointe » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:44 pm

Esc wrote:
princepointe wrote:
Esc wrote:
princepointe wrote:

3. Clearly
I'm not interested in meeting you. What I am interested in is pointing out that the book that you were upholding as gospel a little while ago was wrong when it was published. It wasn't an estimate. The tuition for Fall 2008 was publicly available long before 2009. The book simply gave the wrong number (most likely the Fall 2007 number, which I believe may have been around $20k+) and without even bothering to check your facts, you've been holding yourself forth as an authority on the subject.

If you're going to be giving people information, make sure you have your facts right before speaking. We don't need more 0Ls running around with incorrect info in their heads.
I'll start this final post on this topic by apologizing to the topic creator and participants that come here for info and find a back and forth from those of us that don't truly know "anything" for sure. You make the statement that I uphold the book as gospel. I NEVER claimed to hold it as gospel. I merely stated what the book next to my computer said. The fact you don't want to meet me is fine but don't say i'm not authentic when i've offered to provide you ( as a longhorn courtesy, I really don't care what people on the internet think of me) with all the info you need and to meet over coffee to talk about your Law School experience which apparently is in stark contrast to my 10 plus friends there. I never held myself as any type of authority. Since my first post i've been fighting you and the Alabama guys allegations. Every applicant is considered individually meaning that none of us have a true idea of what will happen in the future since trends change. All we can do is to tell our stories and take them for what they are. Good Luck to all on your upcoming info.

catharsis

Bronze

Post by catharsis » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:47 pm

this thread is starting to make me sad :( it's about nervously waiting for a call from UT, about speaking to the existing 1Ls and higher about their experiences thus far, about looking forward to meeting fellow classmates, and not about bickering back and forth about things that will never be resolved over the internet.

let's try and get this thread back on track guys, please.

princepointe

New

Post by princepointe » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:47 pm

weejonbu wrote:Dude, many thanks for serving our country, I respect that and it is very honorable. I would say the same about actually sticking around and raising your son, as well as working hard at school.

However... you come across as an extreme know-it-all and I hope...
princepointe wrote: Apparently I am a "special" snowflake. I see your one of those people like Barbara Grutter. Your so hung up on numbers you fail to see the impact that a persons background or circumstances have on their admissions prospects. Like the fact I maintained a 3.5 GPA while being called to deploy to Iraq last minute after add/drop period in diff 2 semesters while taking 17 hrs, the fact that i'm a single fathers raising a 9 year old. Being called to deploy to the Gulf Coast for Hurricane relief for Ike and Gustav while taking a full summer session. But hey your entitled to your thoughts of truth and lies. Thats what we fight for. Looking at your numbers it's clear that your the authority here to where people can and cannot get in. I'll be sure to refer people to you in the future. Good luck wherever you go.
...that law school teaches you how to use an apostrophe, and how to not end a sentence with a preposition.

Cheers.
lol. I would usually say "Dude, It's a social forum. Not rhetoric class." But since I have done the same thing to others on Facebook and other forums I humbly accept your criticism.lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hhg

Bronze

Post by hhg » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:49 pm

agreed. pm one another if you still feel compelled to argue. thanks!

gossipgirl

Bronze

Post by gossipgirl » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:50 pm

Hi Texas. I love you even though you have a floor at 3.6 for your scholarships. Please get back to me.

Love,

GossipGirl

yournamehere

New

Post by yournamehere » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:35 pm

for all you 0Ls worried about this scholarship floor, don't get too bent out of shape - they're actually pretty good about matching. I had my best scholarship offer from a similarly ranked school tripled, and they were pretty quick about getting back to me about it as well.

one quick note to the guy who was alleging that there were gunners at UT Law -- it might just be my section, but we have almost no gunners at all. like i've said, people here study, but they don't shove it in each other's faces. and honestly, you don't have to associate with gunners if you don't want to.

Congrats to everyone who has heard back, and good luck to those who are still waiting!

CoutureChiq

Bronze

Post by CoutureChiq » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:53 pm

My first ding today from Texas. Oh well.
edit: haha...I guess this doesn't belong in the "in at texas" thread.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:06 pm

CoutureChiq wrote:My first ding today from Texas. Oh well.
Didn't you get in at Boalt?

CoutureChiq

Bronze

Post by CoutureChiq » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:08 pm

Yes, I did. I'm not too bummed, but figured it would give people a heads up that rejection letters are coming.
Tangerine Gleam wrote:
CoutureChiq wrote:My first ding today from Texas. Oh well.
Didn't you get in at Boalt?

Tangerine Gleam

Silver

Post by Tangerine Gleam » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:12 pm

Congrats on that! :D

Crazy that Texas is rejecting (and not even WL'ing) people that Boalt is accepting.

CoutureChiq

Bronze

Post by CoutureChiq » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:46 pm

Yea, I was expecting a deferral or waitlist, but it's okay, I am happy with my other options. :D
Tangerine Gleam wrote:Congrats on that! :D

Crazy that Texas is rejecting (and not even WL'ing) people that Boalt is accepting.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

great8

New

Post by great8 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:39 am

yournamehere wrote:for all you 0Ls worried about this scholarship floor, don't get too bent out of shape - they're actually pretty good about matching. I had my best scholarship offer from a similarly ranked school tripled, and they were pretty quick about getting back to me about it as well.

one quick note to the guy who was alleging that there were gunners at UT Law -- it might just be my section, but we have almost no gunners at all. like i've said, people here study, but they don't shove it in each other's faces. and honestly, you don't have to associate with gunners if you don't want to.

Congrats to everyone who has heard back, and good luck to those who are still waiting!
Just wanted to echo this - I'm a 1L and know *maybe* 1 or 2 gunners (again, in my section of ~100 people). Overall - great people, great school, excellent experience thus far.

Of course, I say this a week before my first final....

Anyway, good luck to all the 0Ls out there - hope to see you all soon.

billyez

Silver

Post by billyez » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:22 am

Ding. Sent November 30th and received today. Applied ED on 11/2 status check on 11/20. No change on the status checker.

With my numbers, it was a longshot even with an addendum, WE, URM satus and in-state residency. Honestly, I'm glad I got this out the way, now I can focus on getting into SMU. Good luck to the rest of ya'll. Really happy that the UT folks were quick about it once the application was processed. Georgetown? Take notes please.

Daico

New

Post by Daico » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:26 am

Just to chime in from section 2: I would like to agree with the laid back claims. Everybody's concerned about doing well--especially now, why the hell am I up?--but it's still a really laid-back (comparatively), supportive, and friendly community. So far I've seen little to nil of the sort of stuff you hear about from other schools.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:27 am

CoutureChiq wrote:Yea, I was expecting a deferral or waitlist, but it's okay, I am happy with my other options. :D
Tangerine Gleam wrote:Congrats on that! :D

I'm surprised since Texas seemed to be one of the more predictable schools.
Last edited by CardinalRules on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”