IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
DallasCowboy

Silver

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Post by DallasCowboy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:09 am

Wouldn't YP entail a WL, though? Anyway, I feel for y'all that got surprising dings- doesn't make a lot of sense that they are rejecting 173/174s. I'm thinking they are all about the GPA right now.

thanksforthefish

New

Post by thanksforthefish » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:26 pm

it's snowing in houston!!!!!! :lol:

catharsis

Bronze

Post by catharsis » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:38 pm

thanksforthefish wrote:it's snowing in houston!!!!!! :lol:
!!!!!!!!! i knowww!! unfortunately there were many accidents in the morning but it's an exciting time for Houstonians! snowing in EARLY December in HOUSTON, TEXAS :D :D

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:57 pm

catharsis wrote:
!!!!!!!!! i knowww!! unfortunately there were many accidents in the morning but it's an exciting time for Houstonians! snowing in EARLY December in HOUSTON, TEXAS :D :D
Its snowed 4 times in Houston in the past 15 years, and 3 of those times have been in the past 4 years. I remember waking up in 2004 to a white Christmas, and boy was it a different experience to this Texan.

mcflooter06

Bronze

Post by mcflooter06 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:14 pm

catharsis wrote:

Well, it snowed here in Dallas on Wednesday. So there!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mcflooter06

Bronze

Post by mcflooter06 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
catharsis wrote:
Its snowed 4 times in Houston in the past 15 years, and 3 of those times have been in the past 4 years. I remember waking up in 2004 to a white Christmas, and boy was it a different experience to this Texan.

hahaha so so true.

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:18 pm

So no longhorns have posted a celebratory Hook 'em in light of us getting the chance to beat 'bama on Jan 7th? Is anyone going to the game? I should try to hold up the admissions office to see if they can get me tickets instead of scholarship money.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:32 pm

Jericwithers wrote:So no longhorns have posted a celebratory Hook 'em in light of us getting the chance to beat 'bama on Jan 7th? Is anyone going to the game? I should try to hold up the admissions office to see if they can get me tickets instead of scholarship money.
I don't feel like talking any smack.

GeePee

Silver

Post by GeePee » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Jericwithers wrote:So no longhorns have posted a celebratory Hook 'em in light of us getting the chance to beat 'bama on Jan 7th? Is anyone going to the game? I should try to hold up the admissions office to see if they can get me tickets instead of scholarship money.
The fact that anyone thinks Texas has any chance of beating Alabama in that game is ridiculous. Don't even bother going.

Actually, the fact that Texas is even IN the National Championship is even more ridiculous...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jgulia45

Bronze

Post by jgulia45 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:42 pm

oh goodness...one bad game and now we suck? sheesh...that man child (Suh) should be in the NFL. all our O line needs is a good two or three weeks of practice to get back on track. have some faith!

edit: greg davis should be fired...i will concede that. however i've thought that for a while.

yournamehere

New

Post by yournamehere » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:24 pm

great game last night, was a lot of fun to watch it with people in the law school lounge as we all took a break from studying.

student tickets to the BCS national championship will cost $200, and a lottery is going to determine who gets the tickets.

Cooley70121

New

Post by Cooley70121 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:28 pm

Does UT have any form of financial reimbursement for airfare for their ASW or any sort of policy for helping visitors obtain overnight housing with current students?

kurama20

Silver

Post by kurama20 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:17 pm

jgulia45 wrote:oh goodness...one bad game and now we suck? sheesh...that man child (Suh) should be in the NFL. all our O line needs is a good two or three weeks of practice to get back on track. have some faith!

edit: greg davis should be fired...i will concede that. however i've thought that for a while.
It's not that...it's just that Bama is on a whole other level than Texas. Hell I don't think Texas could beat Florida--let alone Bama.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lifeaway1985

Bronze

Post by lifeaway1985 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:37 am

Does anyone hear any regular decision? my application was completed 11/25 and nothing more.

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:22 am

lifeaway1985 wrote:Does anyone hear any regular decision? my application was completed 11/25 and nothing more.
I've been complete for much longer (also RD) and have heard nothing.

louboutin

Bronze

Post by louboutin » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:45 pm

managamy wrote:
lifeaway1985 wrote:Does anyone hear any regular decision? my application was completed 11/25 and nothing more.
just curious... I've looked at enough threads to know you got into Harvard. Unless you would take UT w/ full scholarship, probably, over Harvard, how does it matter/ why are you waiting around for UT's decision?

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:46 pm

louboutin wrote:
managamy wrote:
just curious... I've looked at enough threads to know you got into Harvard. Unless you would take UT w/ full scholarship, probably, over Harvard, how does it matter/ why are you waiting around for UT's decision?
Ego boost and the opportunity to feign anxiety while simultaneously talking down to the proles who didn't get into Harvard.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

toolshed

Bronze

Post by toolshed » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:17 pm

My whole decision on whether to attend or not will be based on the NC game...

thanksforthefish

New

Post by thanksforthefish » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:27 pm

kurama20 wrote:
jgulia45 wrote:oh goodness...one bad game and now we suck? sheesh...that man child (Suh) should be in the NFL. all our O line needs is a good two or three weeks of practice to get back on track. have some faith!

It's not that...it's just that Bama is on a whole other level than Texas. Hell I don't think Texas could beat Florida--let alone Bama.
historically, alabama is 0-7-1 against texas. admittedly, the last time the two teams met was in 1981.

but let's assume mark ingram of alabama wins the heisman. please recall, my dear friends, the last time a texas qb lost the heisman to a running back, that qb subsequently led the underdog longhorns to a national championship over that rb's heavily favored team. here's hoping history repeats itself.
Last edited by thanksforthefish on Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kittenmittons

Silver

Post by kittenmittons » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

Undefeated in the Rose Bowl too

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:28 pm

thanksforthefish wrote:
kurama20 wrote:

historically, alabama is 0-7-1 against texas. admittedly, the last time the two teams met was in 1981.

but let's assume mark ingram of alabama wins the heisman. please recall, my dear friends, the last time a texas qb lost the heisman to a running back, that qb subsequently led the underdog longhorns to a national championship over that rb's heavily favored team. here's hoping history repeats itself.
ditto. i love my longhorns!! :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jgulia45

Bronze

Post by jgulia45 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:37 pm

I will be in Pasadena rooting my longhorns to another rose bowl victory!!!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:56 pm

jgulia45 wrote:I will be in Pasadena rooting my longhorns to another rose bowl victory!!!
Gah lucky, did you get tickets (where/how much)? I'm gonna be in Vegas the morning of the 7th; it would be sooooo easy to go over and see the game but tickets are unreasonable (unless I hit some kind of jackpot).

jgulia45

Bronze

Post by jgulia45 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
jgulia45 wrote:I will be in Pasadena rooting my longhorns to another rose bowl victory!!!
Gah lucky, did you get tickets (where/how much)? I'm gonna be in Vegas the morning of the 7th; it would be sooooo easy to go over and see the game but tickets are unreasonable (unless I hit some kind of jackpot).
Family belongs to the 200 horns club...we've got orange blood running in our veins! No idea how much they cost though.

Kiersten1985

Silver

Post by Kiersten1985 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:03 pm

How long after getting your acceptance package does the scholarship info come?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”