IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sauer Grapes

Silver

Re: IN AT TEXAS!!!!!!! CLASS OF 2013!!

Post by Sauer Grapes » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

entrechatsix

Bronze

Post by entrechatsix » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:24 pm

gobears09 wrote:For all you already accepted, does the status checker ever change? Or once you go complete do you just wait for mail?

Does anyone know how they notify waitlist/dings?
mine didn't update until a few days after my acceptance.

and i believe they reject through snailmail, and haven't really waitlisted anyone RD.

grrrstick

Bronze

Post by grrrstick » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:58 pm

I have also been complete since early November and heard nothing. I don't know what to think about it.

camstant

Bronze

Post by camstant » Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:53 pm

grrrstick wrote:I have also been complete since early November and heard nothing. I don't know what to think about it.
I'm in the same boat, did a little LSN research, and it looks like its probably a waitlist here in a couple weeks... :(

apples

New

Post by apples » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:09 pm

so i got the acceptance call 2/3, the acceptance packet 2/5, and a mailing about how great a city Austin is yesterday. Would I have heard by now if I were getting any merit aid? I know people said a fin aid packet comes about 2 weeks after the acceptance, but is that only if you get a scholly?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jelizabeth88

New

Post by jelizabeth88 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:37 am

yea you only get a letter if you got a scholarship. you probably would've gotten it by now.

jbrowning82

Bronze

Post by jbrowning82 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:02 am

I went complete 1/5. Sorry if this is answered all over this gigantic topic but is there an average time after complete or has it been fluctuating wildly like all the other school?

austinite13

New

Post by austinite13 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:48 am

Have any of the recent admits been hold overs from the EA batch. I was held over from Early Action to Regular Decision and would love to hear either way from UT because I need to make a decision about selling my house if I don't get in.

Any of you waiting as well?

entrechatsix

Bronze

Post by entrechatsix » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:26 pm

austinite13 wrote:Have any of the recent admits been hold overs from the EA batch. I was held over from Early Action to Regular Decision and would love to hear either way from UT because I need to make a decision about selling my house if I don't get in.

not me personally, but i remember at the end of january a few people were posting that they were held then admitted.
jbrowning82 wrote:I went complete 1/5. Sorry if this is answered all over this gigantic topic but is there an average time after complete or has it been fluctuating wildly like all the other school?
although there might be, i haven't heard anyone say anything about a pattern.

good luck to both of you!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dontstopbelivin

New

Post by dontstopbelivin » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:31 pm

austinite13 wrote:Have any of the recent admits been hold overs from the EA batch. I was held over from Early Action to Regular Decision and would love to hear either way from UT because I need to make a decision about selling my house if I don't get in.

I'm still waiting, with no news since early November. I posted a similar question about 10 days ago, and heard a few people had been admitted after being held, but it sounds like most are in the same boat as you and me. :|

Keep us updated if you hear anything (I'm hoping for good news for both of us!)

legendwaitforitdairy

New

Post by legendwaitforitdairy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:46 pm

dontstopbelivin wrote:

I'm still waiting, with no news since early November. I posted a similar question about 10 days ago, and heard a few people had been admitted after being held, but it sounds like most are in the same boat as you and me. :|

Keep us updated if you hear anything (I'm hoping for good news for both of us!)

Im in the same boat....Hopefully they will let us know soon...Good luck to both of you!

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:31 pm

Got the call today! 512 area code -- I'm in!

I submitted RD in late Dec, went complete late Jan. My status checker hasn't changed at all, it still has me at "complete".

Wingdw

New

Post by Wingdw » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:48 pm

existenz wrote:Got the call today! 512 area code -- I'm in!

I submitted RD in late Dec, went complete late Jan. My status checker hasn't changed at all, it still has me at "complete".
Grats!

I'm been complete since mid December, LSAT just below median, GPA at 25%, ... still holding out hope but I do feel a waitlist coming...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

legendwaitforitdairy

New

Post by legendwaitforitdairy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Held for review in November...and haven't heard anything since....anyone else in the same boat?

grrrstick

Bronze

Post by grrrstick » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:10 pm

Got a call too! Been complete since late October/early November.

moonmaster3

New

Post by moonmaster3 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:26 pm

grrrstick wrote:Got a call too! Been complete since late October/early November.
Let's be real here...you're going to withdraw right?

doopwooper

Bronze

Post by doopwooper » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 pm

I REALLY need to check my voicemail more often... got in today!!!!!!!! 167/3.9

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

existenz

Silver

Post by existenz » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:38 pm

grrrstick wrote:Got a call too! Been complete since late October/early November.
Haha, I get a kick out thinking that grrrstick are I were set aside for the "Super Awesome 2/22 Pile". It gives us one thing in common I suppose.

lawstudent119

New

Post by lawstudent119 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:57 pm

I live in an apartment building and I got a sticker in my mailbox from the post office saying my article is at the manager's office (it's obviously something too big for my tiny little mailbox). My manager's office is closed.Does anyone know if UT sends their acceptance packet via US mail? (as opposed to UPS or something like that). It's the only school that I am still waiting to hear from and I am not expecting anything in the mail! I have decent numbers (median GPA and just barely below median LSAT), but as far as I know they have still just gotten down to people that are a bit higher than me ... so I would be shocked if it really is from UT.

This process is so stressful... never would I ever be posting message online overanalyzing my mail delivery!

Jericwithers

Gold

Post by Jericwithers » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:00 pm

lawstudent119 wrote:I live in an apartment building and I got a sticker in my mailbox from the post office saying my article is at the manager's office (it's obviously something too big for my tiny little mailbox). My manager's office is closed.Does anyone know if UT sends their acceptance packet via US mail? (as opposed to UPS or something like that). It's the only school that I am still waiting to hear from and I am not expecting anything in the mail! I have decent numbers (median GPA and just barely below median LSAT), but as far as I know they have still just gotten down to people that are a bit higher than me ... so I would be shocked if it really is from UT.

This process is so stressful... never would I ever be posting message online overanalyzing my mail delivery!
I think it is USPS, but they usually call if you are accepted.

fathergoose

Silver

Post by fathergoose » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:03 pm

How much of a difference does being in-state vs out of state have on your chances?

And I saw some ask this earlier but nonone answered it so I'll ask it again, how do they let you know for accepted/wl/dinged?

I went complete 1/6, in state, above 75th LSAT and below 25th gpa so I'm praying for a long shot.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CardinalRules

Gold

Post by CardinalRules » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:16 pm

So much for the theory that they were done with the out-of-state people for this cycle.

lawstudent119

New

Post by lawstudent119 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:15 pm

Jericwithers wrote:
lawstudent119 wrote:I live in an apartment building and I got a sticker in my mailbox from the post office saying my article is at the manager's office (it's obviously something too big for my tiny little mailbox). My manager's office is closed.Does anyone know if UT sends their acceptance packet via US mail? (as opposed to UPS or something like that). It's the only school that I am still waiting to hear from and I am not expecting anything in the mail! I have decent numbers (median GPA and just barely below median LSAT), but as far as I know they have still just gotten down to people that are a bit higher than me ... so I would be shocked if it really is from UT.

I think it is USPS, but they usually call if you are accepted.

Yeah, figured if I didn't get a call that it wasn't form UT. Thanks!

autao

New

Post by autao » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Yeah, figured if I didn't get a call that it wasn't form UT. Thanks![/quote]

I never got a call from UT, the package was there the day I got back from Thanksgiving and my status checker changed the next day. I know I am in the minority on this but not everyone receives a call.

ziggystardust23

New

Post by ziggystardust23 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:53 pm

fathergoose wrote:How much of a difference does being in-state vs out of state have on your chances?

And I saw some ask this earlier but nonone answered it so I'll ask it again, how do they let you know for accepted/wl/dinged?

I went complete 1/6, in state, above 75th LSAT and below 25th gpa so I'm praying for a long shot.
I think being in-state is definitely a plus as the Texas legislature won't let them enroll more than 35% out-of-state students.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”