In at Santa Clara!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Temka

Bronze
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Temka » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:02 am

star10 wrote:
km23 wrote:
SpencerPratt wrote:Does anyone know when those of us held for 2nd review will receive a decision?



wondering the same thing. "2nd review 1/05" still...


me too :(

maybe they were waiting to see who turns in deposits today (I think march 1st was the deadline for a lot of people)

Same boat as you, but I am pretty sure no one has deposits due until April 1st. I do think they will make their decisions by that date though. When I talked to them on the phone they mentioned that they understand that people have to chose by April 1st for most schools so they will let us know so we can submit our deposits for other schools

iplaw4me2

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:05 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby iplaw4me2 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:14 am

Temka wrote:
star10 wrote:
km23 wrote:
SpencerPratt wrote:Does anyone know when those of us held for 2nd review will receive a decision?



wondering the same thing. "2nd review 1/05" still...


me too :(

maybe they were waiting to see who turns in deposits today (I think march 1st was the deadline for a lot of people)

Same boat as you, but I am pretty sure no one has deposits due until April 1st. I do think they will make their decisions by that date though. When I talked to them on the phone they mentioned that they understand that people have to chose by April 1st for most schools so they will let us know so we can submit our deposits for other schools



I had a deposit due March 1st.

km23

Bronze
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby km23 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:14 am

[
Last edited by km23 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

gswfan

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:40 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby gswfan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:32 pm

So for everyone still waiting, did anyone spill their pad thai lunch on themselves when they saw the email from the Dean but only having it be another newsletter? No? Just me? Ok.

sibley

Gold
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:35 pm

gswfan wrote:So for everyone still waiting, did anyone spill their pad thai lunch on themselves when they saw the email from the Dean but only having it be another newsletter? No? Just me? Ok.


So annoying. I guess they're no longer considering me for that scholarship...

User avatar
suspicious android

Silver
Posts: 919
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby suspicious android » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:21 pm

sibley wrote:
gswfan wrote:So for everyone still waiting, did anyone spill their pad thai lunch on themselves when they saw the email from the Dean but only having it be another newsletter? No? Just me? Ok.


So annoying. I guess they're no longer considering me for that scholarship...


Nice of them to string you along with two pointless e-mails letting them know they were thinking about interviewing you, wasn't it?

sibley

Gold
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby sibley » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:23 pm

suspicious android wrote:
sibley wrote:
gswfan wrote:So for everyone still waiting, did anyone spill their pad thai lunch on themselves when they saw the email from the Dean but only having it be another newsletter? No? Just me? Ok.


So annoying. I guess they're no longer considering me for that scholarship...


Nice of them to string you along with two pointless e-mails letting them know they were thinking about interviewing you, wasn't it?


I believe I got three.

User avatar
Island Girl

Bronze
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Island Girl » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:28 pm

gswfan wrote:So for everyone still waiting, did anyone spill their pad thai lunch on themselves when they saw the email from the Dean but only having it be another newsletter? No? Just me? Ok.


Almost dropped my phone...dammit! Why can't they just make the Subject Line clear enough so people don't spaz out when they see it?

Temka

Bronze
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Temka » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:06 pm

Island Girl wrote:
gswfan wrote:So for everyone still waiting, did anyone spill their pad thai lunch on themselves when they saw the email from the Dean but only having it be another newsletter? No? Just me? Ok.


Almost dropped my phone...dammit! Why can't they just make the Subject Line clear enough so people don't spaz out when they see it?

I am used to by now...

mango26

Bronze
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby mango26 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:33 pm

my status checker has said in committee since 01/15. is this normal?

star10

New
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:17 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby star10 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:42 pm

mango26 wrote:my status checker has said in committee since 01/15. is this normal?


I'd say so...they starting reviewing my application the first week of November and I've been in "2nd review" since 1/5...

cogito2010

New
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:19 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby cogito2010 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:01 pm

How long did it take to receive your decision letter (whether reject or acceptance)?

User avatar
superflush

Silver
Posts: 1301
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby superflush » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:16 pm

How is there a March 1st deposit date?
I did EA and it is April 1st.

User avatar
Great Satchmo

Silver
Posts: 754
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Great Satchmo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:45 pm

superflush wrote:How is there a March 1st deposit date?
I did EA and it is April 1st.


I don't think there is a March 1st date. I just read your post and checked and the first deposit, $200 I believe, is due April 1st. Anyhow, that still sucks because I won't know about some other schools until the 15th, and those two weeks would be valuable and I don't feel like flushing more money down the drain.

User avatar
superflush

Silver
Posts: 1301
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby superflush » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Great Satchmo wrote:
superflush wrote:How is there a March 1st deposit date?
I did EA and it is April 1st.


I don't think there is a March 1st date. I just read your post and checked and the first deposit, $200 I believe, is due April 1st. Anyhow, that still sucks because I won't know about some other schools until the 15th, and those two weeks would be valuable and I don't feel like flushing more money down the drain.


yea, I completely agree. Unfortunately, I think there will still be a decent amount of schools I applied to that might not even get back to me by April 1st.

User avatar
FunkyJD

Silver
Posts: 1033
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby FunkyJD » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Will be withdrawing from Santa Clara shortly. Was being considered for a full scholarship. Hope the money goes to one of you guys.

gswfan

New
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:40 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby gswfan » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:05 pm

Has anyone received a decision within the last week? Seems pretty quiet.

Temka

Bronze
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Temka » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:10 pm

gswfan wrote:Has anyone received a decision within the last week? Seems pretty quiet.


I have heard from a few people already who spoke with admissions that its very likely that people won't be hearing until After the April 1st deadline.
:-(

hopefulIPgirl

New
Posts: 45
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:34 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby hopefulIPgirl » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:50 pm

.
Last edited by hopefulIPgirl on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Neil

Bronze
Posts: 178
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Neil » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:53 pm

hopefulIPgirl wrote:Status changed from In Committee to 2nd Review on 3/5/2010. I was complete on 1/20. I guess I am in for a looooooong wait.


+1, except that I had been in committee since early December.

Temka

Bronze
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Temka » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:19 pm

being in 2nd review feels like an unofficial waitlist to me...

foosh

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:37 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby foosh » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:33 pm

Hey, at least they didn't reject your right away. I was In Committee 2/11, now In Committee 3/8. Complete 1/28.

User avatar
Island Girl

Bronze
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Island Girl » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:43 pm

2nd review. 3/08. *sigh*

bobbycortez

New
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby bobbycortez » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:06 pm

In committee since 2/5/10. i suppose this is what i get for being a splitting slacker!

valley splitter

Bronze
Posts: 138
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:08 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby valley splitter » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:43 am

anyone going to the Admitted Student Preview Day this Saturday?



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests