In at Santa Clara!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
valley splitter

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby valley splitter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:54 pm

LvingLegend wrote:I will being to the Admitted Students event tonight also.

What do you think this thing is going to be like? I know a judge and the dean are going to speak, but I wonder if there will be food or drinks, it is a reception after all.

smacroon

Postby smacroon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:55 pm

valley splitter wrote:

What do you think this thing is going to be like? I know a judge and the dean are going to speak, but I wonder if there will be food or drinks, it is a reception after all.

Trust me Jesuits love their booze :D I went to SCU undergrad.

valley splitter

Postby valley splitter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

smacroon wrote:
valley splitter wrote:

Same here. How long ago were you there? I'm class of 06 (finished first quarter 07). And I know about Jesuits and booze, been taught by them most of my life.

smacroon

Postby smacroon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:03 pm

valley splitter wrote:
smacroon wrote:
valley splitter wrote:

Same here. How long ago were you there? I'm class of 06 (finished first quarter 07). And I know about Jesuits and booze, been taught by them most of my life.

haha nice. I was class of '09 but graduated '08 :) what other schools are you looking at?

LvingLegend

Postby LvingLegend » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:15 pm

valley splitter wrote:

I have no idea but I live down the street so why not.

valley splitter

Postby valley splitter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:23 pm

smacroon wrote:haha nice. I was class of '09 but graduated '08 :) what other schools are you looking at?

Haven't heard from: UC Hastings, UC Davis, Loyola, USD
Accepted at: SCU, De Paul (money at both)
Rejected at: Fordham
Waitlisted at: Illinois

Wouldn't mind going back to Santa Clara. Especially with the money they've given me. I would probably do their JD/MBA and I have friends from my class at the Law School, Engineering School, and Teaching School as well. Are you going to the Admit Event today?

kcolo

Postby kcolo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:35 pm

So I think I was dinged? No fee info. entered except zeros and DM on 1/25...

UrbanAchievers

Postby UrbanAchievers » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:12 pm

kcolo wrote:So I think I was dinged? No fee info. entered except zeros and DM on 1/25...

Not that this confirms that, but my decision has been mailed and the fees reads:

Date Due Amt. Due Amt. Paid Date Paid

1st Deposit: 3/1/2010 200.00 .00
2nd Deposit: 6/1/2010 500.00 .00

barry zuckerkorn

Postby barry zuckerkorn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:01 pm

UrbanAchievers wrote:
kcolo wrote:So I think I was dinged? No fee info. entered except zeros and DM on 1/25...

Not that this confirms that, but my decision has been mailed and the fees reads:

I wonder what's the deal with all these recent admits (assuming you're one) having March status checker deposit dates... if someone with the online March date wouldn't mind confirming/resolving it when their letter arrives, that'd be cool.

And those going to the Early Admit Reception tonight - congrats, wish I could make it. this east coaster would appreciate ANY thoughts on the campus, faculty, whole experience. Pictures would be awesome too.

yo!

Postby yo! » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:02 pm

barry zuckerkorn wrote:
UrbanAchievers wrote:

I wonder what's the deal with all these recent admits (assuming you're one) having March status checker deposit dates... if someone with the online March date wouldn't mind confirming/resolving it when their letter arrives, that'd be cool.

And those going to the Early Admit Reception tonight - congrats, wish I could make it. this east coaster would appreciate ANY thoughts on the campus, faculty, whole experience. Pictures would be awesome too.

My status checker said March, acceptance letter said April.

superflush

Postby superflush » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:16 pm

barry zuckerkorn wrote:I wonder what's the deal with all these recent admits (assuming you're one) having March status checker deposit dates... if someone with the online March date wouldn't mind confirming/resolving it when their letter arrives, that'd be cool.

Man, I thought April 1st was an early deposit date ...

gswfan

Postby gswfan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:21 pm

So they're sending out reject letters soon?

Eruannon

Postby Eruannon » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:05 pm

My in committee date just changed to 1/28/2010... It used to be mid-December. Anyone else have this happen?

J Burrito

Postby J Burrito » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:06 pm

Eruannon wrote:My in committee date just changed to 1/28/2010... It used to be mid-December. Anyone else have this happen?

Mine still says "In Committee 12/16"

UGH

Italia8183

Postby Italia8183 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:09 pm

Eruannon wrote:My in committee date just changed to 1/28/2010... It used to be mid-December. Anyone else have this happen?

This happened to me as well. went from 1/20/2010 to 1/27/2010...almost gave me a heart attack, :shock:

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Me too.

moviechicka

Postby moviechicka » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:13 pm

jbaritot wrote:

Mine still says "In Committee 12/16"

UGH

Mine still says "In Committee 12/15"

barry zuckerkorn

Postby barry zuckerkorn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:03 pm

yo! wrote:
barry zuckerkorn wrote:
UrbanAchievers wrote:

My status checker said March, acceptance letter said April.

This clears up a bunch of confusion. IMO, Acceptance letter > Status checker

smacroon wrote:
valley splitter wrote:

This increases the likelihood of me attending SCU in the fall.

valley splitter

Postby valley splitter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:38 pm

Well just got back from the Early Admit Reception and I have to say that I want to go to Santa Clara even more than before now. I ran into some law students who I did undergrad at SCU with during the event and they are loving it. All the admission and financial aid deans and assistants were very outgoing and happy to answer any and all questions. The judge praised Santa Clara Law (she also did her undergrad there) and detailed the many strengths of the program and the many connections the school has with firms, corporations, and government agencies in the region and throughout CA. I spoke with a 3L who will be working for an IP firm after graduation and he gave me some great and candid advice. All in all a great experience. I look forward to attending a larger admitted student event and meeting more future classmates as well as professors.

Also, Santa Clara Law book bags (totes, man-purses, not really sure) were given out. Good hors d'oeuvres and finger foods. And, yes, wine and beer were bountiful.

BruinsFan

Postby BruinsFan » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:48 pm

valley splitter wrote:Well just got back from the Early Admit Reception and I have to say that I want to go to Santa Clara even more than before now. I ran into some law students who I did undergrad at SCU with during the event and they are loving it. All the admission and financial aid deans and assistants were very outgoing and happy to answer any and all questions. The judge praised Santa Clara Law (she also did her undergrad there) and detailed the many strengths of the program and the many connections the school has with firms, corporations, and government agencies in the region and throughout CA. I spoke with a 3L who will be working for an IP firm after graduation and he gave me some great and candid advice. All in all a great experience. I look forward to attending a larger admitted student event and meeting more future classmates as well as professors.

Also, Santa Clara Law book bags (totes, man-purses, not really sure) were given out. Good hors d'oeuvres and finger foods. And, yes, wine and beer were bountiful.

I wish I could have gone, sounds like fun!

barry zuckerkorn

Postby barry zuckerkorn » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:20 am

valley splitter wrote:Well just got back from the Early Admit Reception and I have to say that I want to go to Santa Clara even more than before now. I ran into some law students who I did undergrad at SCU with during the event and they are loving it. All the admission and financial aid deans and assistants were very outgoing and happy to answer any and all questions. The judge praised Santa Clara Law (she also did her undergrad there) and detailed the many strengths of the program and the many connections the school has with firms, corporations, and government agencies in the region and throughout CA. I spoke with a 3L who will be working for an IP firm after graduation and he gave me some great and candid advice. All in all a great experience. I look forward to attending a larger admitted student event and meeting more future classmates as well as professors.

Awesome, thanks for posting this valley split. kinda bummed I'm missing out on the goods; the man purse, and didn't they mail out bookmark/money clips too?

I can attest to the outgoing and personable nature of SCU students and alumn. I've been in touch with some students who've been nothing but helpful, and an alumn who I've spent a good deal of time speaking with and has offered to help me out during/after law school. Seem like good people.. and heavily drinking people.. which means my kind of people. Barring a full ride somewhere, this is likely my school.

Anyone else?

ddav87

Postby ddav87 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:30 am

Woo in Today via snail mail. 10,000 Emery merit. Didn't say if it was yearly or not.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:46 am

Definitely sounds like a good time. I have to say I have been really impressed with the representatives I have come in contact with from Santa Clara. Really cheery and happy to speak to you and answer any of your questions, which you don't always see. If I am admitted I really hope I can make it out there to visit.

superflush

Postby superflush » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:27 am

ddav87 wrote:Woo in Today via snail mail. 10,000 Emery merit. Didn't say if it was yearly or not.

Probably with the top25% requirement.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:36 am

Been "in committee" for about a week now.

I grew up near a Santa Clara Drive ... so I'm holding on to that as my Irrational Ray of Hope Du Jour.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”