In at Santa Clara!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby superflush » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:56 am

Temka wrote:The thing is though, on LSAC it says that it is submitted and you can even see the PDF version of the report, and it has been that way for over a week


Yea, you're right. You can even see the "Report Date" ... which for me is some days ago.

User avatar
pedantic_platypus
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:15 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby pedantic_platypus » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:47 pm

went "In Committee" 10/29, and that's where I've been.

admits: congrats! how long was the committee out on you?

cyberPUNK
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:33 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby cyberPUNK » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:24 pm

I'm really hoping a 3.0 163 EA will get me in. All this talk of being accepted is getting me nervous!!!

Oh and went in committee 11/3

Temka
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Temka » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:01 pm

That is a good LSAT score for them. Would be hard to deny with that. Good luck

cyberPUNK
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:33 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby cyberPUNK » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Temka wrote:That is a good LSAT score for them. Would be hard to deny with that. Good luck


Haha, I hope you're right. Best of luck to you too!

Temka
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Temka » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:12 pm

Went into committee today...Fingers, arms, legs, toes, anything I can crossed!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Veritas » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:21 pm

Temka wrote:Went into committee today...Fingers, arms, legs, toes, anything I can crossed!

good luck!


does anyone know when scholarship information is released?

User avatar
Bluesickle
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:56 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Bluesickle » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:01 pm

I went into committee on 11/10.

With a 157/3.67, the classic reverse splitter, I am sitting at the edge of my seat.

The bevy of "acceptance calculators" out there gives me about a 70% chance of admission... I wish I were that optimistic.

This whole hoopla is just so stressful. I don't remember being this bothered at the prospect of getting into undergrad.

In any case, I do have a question for the minds, members and trolls on the particular forum: how much of a role do you think that a double major or degree will have in the decision making process at Santa Clara?

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby superflush » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:07 pm

Bluesickle wrote:With a 157/3.67, the classic reverse splitter, I am sitting at the edge of my seat.


Hm, you're not much of a splitter at all. Your LSAT is the 25th percentile, and your GPA is only a tad over the 75th percentile.

Temka
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Temka » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:14 pm

With a 157/3.67, the classic reverse splitter, I am sitting at the edge of my seat.

I am thinking you are probably in, your GPA is great and your LSAT is not bad

User avatar
Bluesickle
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:56 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Bluesickle » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:25 pm

superflush wrote:
Bluesickle wrote:With a 157/3.67, the classic reverse splitter, I am sitting at the edge of my seat.


Hm, you're not much of a splitter at all. Your LSAT is the 25th percentile, and your GPA is only a tad over the 75th percentile.



Yikes...now I feel like the real FNG...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=F.N.G.

Temka
Posts: 157
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Temka » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:38 pm

I think you are fine, but make sure you have safetys. You have better stats than me if it makes you feel any better

cyberPUNK
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:33 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby cyberPUNK » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:48 am

Wow, I guess I'm a splitter...my GPA is below the 25%, but the LSAT is above the 75%...it'll be interesting to see what happens in our cases, haha.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby superflush » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:47 pm

I'm In Committee now. So I guess I'm Complete.

User avatar
RubyDoomsday
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby RubyDoomsday » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:11 pm

Just went In Committee today! Submitted 10/30, but doesn't list me as sent until 11/2. Let's hope that doesn't hurt my chances at acceptance since I missed their Early Action deadline.

User avatar
Bluesickle
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:56 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Bluesickle » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:59 pm

RubyDoomsday wrote:Just went In Committee today! Submitted 10/30, but doesn't list me as sent until 11/2. Let's hope that doesn't hurt my chances at acceptance since I missed their Early Action deadline.


I'm in the same situation, same dates and everything, and had the same question.

So, seeking enlightenment, I called SCU to find out whether my application would still qualify for early action. I was delighted to learn that it did.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby superflush » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:00 pm

I sent on 11/1, and mine says 11/2 on the status.
But on the front page of each app that I submitted on 11/1 it says "Transmission Date and Time: 11/01/2009" ... so they have that as their front page. I would be surprised if any school didn't go by that.

User avatar
RubyDoomsday
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby RubyDoomsday » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:25 am

Bluesickle wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:Just went In Committee today! Submitted 10/30, but doesn't list me as sent until 11/2. Let's hope that doesn't hurt my chances at acceptance since I missed their Early Action deadline.


I'm in the same situation, same dates and everything, and had the same question.

So, seeking enlightenment, I called SCU to find out whether my application would still qualify for early action. I was delighted to learn that it did.


You just made my morning :)

I think I have a good shot at getting in 167/3.42, but I am a New Yorker with ZERO ties to CA, so I am quite concerned that it will give the adcom pause as to why I want to go.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby superflush » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:54 am

RubyDoomsday wrote:I think I have a good shot at getting in 167/3.42, but I am a New Yorker with ZERO ties to CA, so I am quite concerned that it will give the adcom pause as to why I want to go.


I think you are confusing a law firm with a law school. Why should Santa Clara be opposed to you being from New York.

cyberPUNK
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:33 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby cyberPUNK » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:52 am

RubyDoomsday wrote:
Bluesickle wrote:
RubyDoomsday wrote:Just went In Committee today! Submitted 10/30, but doesn't list me as sent until 11/2. Let's hope that doesn't hurt my chances at acceptance since I missed their Early Action deadline.


I'm in the same situation, same dates and everything, and had the same question.

So, seeking enlightenment, I called SCU to find out whether my application would still qualify for early action. I was delighted to learn that it did.


You just made my morning :)

I think I have a good shot at getting in 167/3.42, but I am a New Yorker with ZERO ties to CA, so I am quite concerned that it will give the adcom pause as to why I want to go.


you're as good as in. i can't see them rejecting someone with your numbers. i'm amazed you think not being from CA is an issue though, haha. good luck!

User avatar
RubyDoomsday
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby RubyDoomsday » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:27 am

you're as good as in. i can't see them rejecting someone with your numbers. i'm amazed you think not being from CA is an issue though, haha. good luck!


Well, I assume with all schools it's a numbers game. I kind of assumed an adcom would be leery of offering a spot to an applicant who might not attend just because it means moving their lives cross country for what is not a T14 school or something.

Not to mention, this whole process is just freaking me out, the only think comparable I ever applied for was an MFA and that was, suffice to say a very different game ;)

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby CyLaw » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:50 pm

Decision Mailed.

Now have two deposits listed for $200 and $500, so I am guessing In.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Veritas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:13 pm

CyLaw wrote:Decision Mailed.

Now have two deposits listed for $200 and $500, so I am guessing In.

ya, doesn't the status say "Admitted"?

CyLaw
Posts: 1557
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby CyLaw » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Veritas wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Decision Mailed.

Now have two deposits listed for $200 and $500, so I am guessing In.

ya, doesn't the status say "Admitted"?


Not for me
Current Status: Decision mailed
Current Status Date: 11/16/2009

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Veritas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:32 pm

CyLaw wrote:
Veritas wrote:
CyLaw wrote:Decision Mailed.

Now have two deposits listed for $200 and $500, so I am guessing In.

ya, doesn't the status say "Admitted"?


Not for me
Current Status: Decision mailed
Current Status Date: 11/16/2009

they must have changed it. For me it said "Admitted" - but you are def. in




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 9 guests