In at Santa Clara!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
taytay
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby taytay » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:17 pm

I just went complete a couple days ago. What do you guys make of Santa Clara's employment statistics?? Their average salary data seems pretty good considering their rank. I don't trust most school's employment data but they seemed to be fairly straightforward...I think their data was from 2007 but I can't remember

User avatar
TWoodWil
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:19 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby TWoodWil » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:22 pm

taytay wrote:I just went complete a couple days ago. What do you guys make of Santa Clara's employment statistics?? Their average salary data seems pretty good considering their rank. I don't trust most school's employment data but they seemed to be fairly straightforward...I think their data was from 2007 but I can't remember


I could care less about corporate or biglaw, so salary statistics mean nothing to me.

That said, if you're looking for the big salary jobs coming out of SCU, you're going to have to love working in the Bay Area.

User avatar
MixedGirl2009
Posts: 76
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:17 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby MixedGirl2009 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:51 am

sibley wrote:
MixedGirl2009 wrote:Received my money clip in the mail yesterday....nice gesture =)


I want oneeeee


LOL I think all the admits get em, I know someone else did and others probably dont care enough to post hehe

chubbysworld
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby chubbysworld » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:25 pm

taytay wrote:I just went complete a couple days ago. What do you guys make of Santa Clara's employment statistics?? Their average salary data seems pretty good considering their rank. I don't trust most school's employment data but they seemed to be fairly straightforward...I think their data was from 2007 but I can't remember


Like most (e.g. all) law schools, Santa Clara only reports data from people who return the surveys. Thus, people who are making 160k out of law school are much more likely to report than somebody who's unemployed or working for 40k on year. So take employment numbers with a grain of salt.

% unemployed can be similarly manipulated, since you have no idea how many people are "self-employed" or doing non-legal jobs.

User avatar
a male human
Posts: 1691
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby a male human » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:49 pm

I didn't get any money clip or anything even though I was admitted :(

Assuming the 46% or something I can't remember who did not report for Santa Clara didn't get a big-firm job, there were only around 15% employed in big firms that year.

User avatar
ozarkhack
Posts: 380
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:48 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby ozarkhack » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:05 pm

I'm still waiting for my money clip, too. ... But, isn't a pretty weird gift?

"Welcome to law school. Here's a money clip. You won't be needing it anytime soon."

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby sibley » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:19 pm

ozarkhack wrote:I'm still waiting for my money clip, too. ... But, isn't a pretty weird gift?

"Welcome to law school. Here's a money clip. You won't be needing it anytime soon."


yeah it seems like it's more appropriate for business school or something. but... guys love money clips. any girls gotten one yet? or is it just the boys?

valley splitter
Posts: 139
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:08 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby valley splitter » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:30 pm

the thing is it's not really a money clip but rather a gold fancy paper clip. money clips have a distinct shape. I guess it coud be used that way but it is definitely not designed for that purpose

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby sibley » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:27 pm

valley splitter wrote:the thing is it's not really a money clip but rather a gold fancy paper clip. money clips have a distinct shape. I guess it coud be used that way but it is definitely not designed for that purpose



maybe it's a bookmark

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby superflush » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:15 pm

sibley wrote:
valley splitter wrote:the thing is it's not really a money clip but rather a gold fancy paper clip. money clips have a distinct shape. I guess it coud be used that way but it is definitely not designed for that purpose



maybe it's a bookmark


lol, we are guessing what this thing is.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby sibley » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:53 pm

superflush wrote:
sibley wrote:
valley splitter wrote:the thing is it's not really a money clip but rather a gold fancy paper clip. money clips have a distinct shape. I guess it coud be used that way but it is definitely not designed for that purpose



maybe it's a bookmark


lol, we are guessing what this thing is.


Well... if they'd send me one, already, I could tell you exactly what it is. I'm good like that. Using my eyes and all.

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby km23 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:45 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
twert
Posts: 414
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby twert » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:16 pm

km23 wrote:I was deferred from early action to regular admissions and just checked my status. It says "In 2nd Review, 1/5/2010." ahhh hope it works out...since last time, I have added two great LORs (I went complete last time w/ no LORs since they are not required) and an increased GPA from my fall grades. Hope the new additions helped!

good luck

lawschool5523
Posts: 109
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:10 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby lawschool5523 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:28 pm

km23 wrote:I was deferred from early action to regular admissions and just checked my status. It says "In 2nd Review, 1/5/2010." ahhh hope it works out...since last time, I have added two great LORs (I went complete last time w/ no LORs since they are not required) and an increased GPA from my fall grades. Hope the new additions helped!


good luck!! im sure both things will help :)

km23
Posts: 279
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:35 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby km23 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:32 pm

.
Last edited by km23 on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CmonSD
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby CmonSD » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:23 pm

I have been "in committee" since 12/3........quite the committee. :wink:

luckyduck
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby luckyduck » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:04 pm

CmonSD wrote:I have been "in committee" since 12/3........quite the committee. :wink:

I've been in committee since 9/28. I think the whole school has reviewed at my application by now :shock:

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby FunkyJD » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:05 pm

luckyduck wrote:
CmonSD wrote:I have been "in committee" since 12/3........quite the committee. :wink:

I've been in committee since 9/28. I think the whole school has reviewed at my application by now :shock:


Damn, it can't be because of your GPA. Is Santa Clara known as a school that yield protects much?

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:06 pm

In Committe status moved from 1/7 -> 1/11

moviechicka
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:45 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby moviechicka » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Santa Clara is actually my first choice because of the IP program. I'm growing a little anxious. I've been in committee for a while.

luckyduck
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby luckyduck » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:05 pm

FunkyJD wrote:
luckyduck wrote:
CmonSD wrote:I have been "in committee" since 12/3........quite the committee. :wink:

I've been in committee since 9/28. I think the whole school has reviewed at my application by now :shock:


Damn, it can't be because of your GPA. Is Santa Clara known as a school that yield protects much?

My LSAT score sucks. And I'm old -- I'm not sure all schools look at that as a positive.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby sibley » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:35 pm

I've been in committee since November and that was with my 158/3.34. Maybe they'll finally act on me now that I have my new score...

No1ustad
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby No1ustad » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm

sad. I got an admit in Dec and no money clip... :(

msbeautifulbasham
Posts: 206
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:00 pm

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby msbeautifulbasham » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:38 pm

So, my status says that I am in committee. I was looking at the status checker, and I noticed that in the "Fees" box it says 1st and 2nd Seat Deposits. For others who have applied, does your box say that too? I'm wondering if that means I have been admitted or if it just happens to say that...

luckyduck
Posts: 102
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:06 am

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby luckyduck » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:08 am

msbeautifulbasham wrote:So, my status says that I am in committee. I was looking at the status checker, and I noticed that in the "Fees" box it says 1st and 2nd Seat Deposits. For others who have applied, does your box say that too? I'm wondering if that means I have been admitted or if it just happens to say that...


Mine has the same thing and it has been there since November. I think if you are accepted an actual amount appears in the box.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], hellohalo and 9 guests