In at Santa Clara!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Damon

Re: In at Santa Clara!!

Postby Damon » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:53 pm

Since I chose RD, I guess I won't get a decision until after New Years eh?

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:24 am

Damon wrote:Since I chose RD, I guess I won't get a decision until after New Years eh?

I applied RD and was accepted on 11/20. :!: You could hear any day now, depending on when you applied. It took them about 5 days from the date of "completion" of my application to the rendering of the decision.

Jacques

Postby Jacques » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:20 am

sirchristaylor wrote:
Damon wrote:Since I chose RD, I guess I won't get a decision until after New Years eh?

I applied RD and was accepted on 11/20. :!: You could hear any day now, depending on when you applied. It took them about 5 days from the date of "completion" of my application to the rendering of the decision.

Five days from "completion" or five days from "In Committee" ?

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:29 am

Jacques wrote:
sirchristaylor wrote:

Five days from "completion" or five days from "In Committee" ?

Sorry, I was "In committee" for about 5 days before being accepted.

BruinsFan

Postby BruinsFan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Has anyone applied to the part time program? I did with a 161 and 3.1.

Thoughts?

superflush

Postby superflush » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:14 pm

BruinsFan wrote:Has anyone applied to the part time program? I did with a 161 and 3.1.

I personally did not.
I believe they asked if I would consider PT if I didn't get into FT. I answered 'no' to that.

gswfan

Postby gswfan » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Just received the Defer to Reg. Admissions letter today. I nearly crapped my pants when I read the first sentence. "I am sorry to inform you that you were not admitted to Santa Clara University School of Law..........under the Early Action Plan."

CyLaw

Postby CyLaw » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:08 pm

gswfan wrote:Just received the Defer to Reg. Admissions letter today. I nearly crapped my pants when I read the first sentence. "I am sorry to inform you that you were not admitted to Santa Clara University School of Law..........under the Early Action Plan."

Man that is poorly worded when you take into account the fragile mind of law school applicants. I bet some would not even finish reading the letter after "you were not admitted".

nickc8

Postby nickc8 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:32 pm

gswfan wrote:Just received the Defer to Reg. Admissions letter today. I nearly crapped my pants when I read the first sentence. "I am sorry to inform you that you were not admitted to Santa Clara University School of Law..........under the Early Action Plan."

Ouch, they could've said that in a better way.

azb

Postby azb » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:34 pm

My status said pending for LSAC report till today and now it says "in committee". I applied Regular Admission; I am kind of suprised to see my file is being reviewed now.

LvingLegend

Postby LvingLegend » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Decision Mailed and shows deposit information. Hopefully I get some money from them.

superflush

Postby superflush » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:03 pm

LvingLegend wrote:Decision Mailed and shows deposit information. Hopefully I get some money from them.

Same here.
Just got decision mailed & deposit info, within the last hour or so.

azb

Postby azb » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:15 pm

superflush wrote:
LvingLegend wrote:Decision Mailed and shows deposit information. Hopefully I get some money from them.

Same here.

How long were your applications in committee?
Do you mind if I ask you scores?
My file is in committee and I am so anxious about it

LvingLegend

Postby LvingLegend » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:20 pm

azb wrote:
superflush wrote:

Same here.

My application was in committee for 2 weeks, 11/10-11/24. Numbers are in profile

valley splitter

Postby valley splitter » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:24 pm

Got in just a few minutes ago. Status: Decision Mailed. Deposits due: 4/1 and 6/1. I am guessing this means I'm in right? I don't want to get ahead of myself. Anyone get an acceptance in the mail after having deposit dates show? Just want to make sure. Did my undergrad there and live in the area so should get the mail soon, however my GPA is below the 25% though my LSAT is above the 75%.

twert

Postby twert » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:27 pm

valley splitter wrote:Got in just a few minutes ago. Status: Decision Mailed. Deposits due: 4/1 and 6/1. I am guessing this means I'm in right? I don't want to get ahead of myself. Anyone get an acceptance in the mail after having deposit dates show? Just want to make sure. Did my undergrad there and live in the area so should get the mail soon, however my GPA is below the 25% though my LSAT is above the 75%.

you're in. the same thing happened to me and three days later i got a large envelope. i'm a high lsat splitter too so they've certainly started accepting us. now if only USD would start doing the same.

nickc8

Postby nickc8 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:28 pm

valley splitter wrote:I am guessing this means I'm in right? I don't want to get ahead of myself. Anyone get an acceptance in the mail after having deposit dates show?

The consensus seems to be that this means you're in...mine and others had the same thing.

superflush

Postby superflush » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:18 pm

LvingLegend wrote:
azb wrote:
superflush wrote:

Same here.

My application was in committee for 2 weeks, 11/10-11/24. Numbers are in profile

My application has been complete for 12 days, I think it committee for 5 days. Numbers are on LSN.

RubyDoomsday

Postby RubyDoomsday » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:35 pm

It would be awesome to get money, but my numbers are fairly average which means I probably will end up on the east coast....:(

matrix637

Postby matrix637 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:12 am

Does anybody know if they'll disclose admission information over the phone? I got the same "Decision Mailed" and the deposit info but wanna call them tomorrow and make sure.

superflush

Postby superflush » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:14 am

matrix637 wrote:Does anybody know if they'll disclose admission information over the phone? I got the same "Decision Mailed" and the deposit info but wanna call them tomorrow and make sure.

let's all conference call them

sirchristaylor

Postby sirchristaylor » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:05 am

They will definitely give you the decision over the phone. I called as soon as I saw, "Decision mailed." If you see deposit info, I think you're likely in. Congrats!

matrix637

Postby matrix637 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:51 pm

superflush wrote:
matrix637 wrote:Does anybody know if they'll disclose admission information over the phone? I got the same "Decision Mailed" and the deposit info but wanna call them tomorrow and make sure.

let's all conference call them

That would be amazing :D I just got off the phone with them and they did confirm I was admitted. She also mentioned scholarship info wont be coming out until Jan.

superflush

Postby superflush » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:52 pm

matrix637 wrote:
superflush wrote:let's all conference call them

That would be amazing :D I just got off the phone with them and they did confirm I was admitted. She also mentioned scholarship info wont be coming out until Jan.

Cool. No $ until January?... oh well.

valley splitter

Postby valley splitter » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:17 pm

Alright, it's official. Got a big envelope in the mail today. Time to see how much money, in any, I'll get. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”